Sign in to follow this  
TidTid

Versailles to go on hiatus + new album release

That's....... Disheartening. I like some of the track names that are new though. And Sympathia is my favorite song by them still. So it'll be cool that I'll have it on a physical album (trying to look at te bright side) but I can't believe that they're pulling this right now.....

Changed the thread title by adding "new album release" since this thread is mostly discussing the new album instead of the hiatus.

Changed the thread title by adding "new album release" since this thread is mostly discussing the new album instead of the hiatus.

Good job, Sai. I was hoping someone would.

Also, I can't actually believe they didn't shoot a damn PV for this album cycle.

Does anyone think Holy Grail -Amoroso- is going to be an SE? Because I do, but I hope not.

Also, I hope the lyrics to the album will be a fantastic finale to the story they've been telling since day one... That is honestly what I'm hoping for above all.

I am no really sure about this. I feel like this are goning to be mostly singles + re-recordings + HG leftovers. The band diserves a little better finale imo. They look really tired of working together honestly.

inb4 they announce that all the new songs are +20 minutes.

FAITH&DECISION PT. 2 TILL INFINITY.

I wouldn't have an objection to a long song, as long as HIZAKI won't compose it but KAMIJO will. Compare God Palace to Faith & Decision and you'll know what I'm talking about. Out of the band KAMIJO is the one who should write the long songs. Hopefully Teru gets a track on this as well.

Brave will probably be composed by Teru, that's my guess. And there's definitey going to be an epic-length track on there... My guess is going to be Truth and I'll guess Kamijo composed it. Hizaki probably composed Created Beauty. I actually loved Faith & Decision, thought it was absolutely perfect. I love all of Kamijo's and Hizaki's compositions, it's usually Teru's I'm iffy about.

Although I really hope Teru designed the album art again.

I wouldn't have an objection to a long song, as long as HIZAKI won't compose it but KAMIJO will. Compare God Palace to Faith & Decision and you'll know what I'm talking about. Out of the band KAMIJO is the one who should write the long songs. Hopefully Teru gets a track on this as well.

You also forgot THE LOVE FROM A DEAD ORCHESTRA (K) vs. HISTORY OF THE OTHER SIDE (H), in which Kamijo clearly wins again. So that's 2 for Kamijo.

Brave will probably be composed by Teru, that's my guess. And there's definitey going to be an epic-length track on there... My guess is going to be Truth and I'll guess Kamijo composed it. Hizaki probably composed Created Beauty. I actually loved Faith & Decision, thought it was absolutely perfect. I love all of Kamijo's and Hizaki's compositions, it's usually Teru's I'm iffy about.

Although I really hope Teru designed the album art again.

Really? To me Teru's only composed one bad song (To The Chaos Inside). Both he and Masashi usually bring songs to the table that are nice and fresh and help to break up the monotony which would otherwise be caused by having a full album of Hizaki-styled songs.

You also forgot THE LOVE FROM A DEAD ORCHESTRA (K) vs. HISTORY OF THE OTHER SIDE (H), in which Kamijo clearly wins again. So that's 2 for Kamijo.

I actually preferred HISTORY OF THE OTHER SIDE because I can play it, there is some great guitar wor on there, and the outro is hauntingly beautiful. But THE LOVE FROM A DEAD ORCHESTRA had some really good points. Loved everything from the guitar solo and then the rest of the song. They both have some strong points but for me HISTORY OF THE OTHER SIDE was better for me. I will admit that THE LOVE FROM A DEAD ORCHESTRA's piano medley that goes starts at 5:30 is so majestic that it gets huge points. I'd like to consider both songs a tie.

They are uninspired, hence the hiatus and/or disbandment. I think its better to have less new songs, than a bunch of uninspired ones that you all would bitch about anyway.

I just remembered that someone who was analyzing Kamijo's lyrics said that in the story line that Sympathia is the end (and the revenant choir is the beginning I think), so it makes sense actually to have it in this album and at the end.

Why are all of their normal edition single/album covers always the worst? like seriously what band has a album cover of themselves? that's just chessy.

You do know that Versailles is a vk band right?

no i had no idea

Well here is some info on vk then. All VK is cheesy, so get used to it. And people like to look at them, it's how they get fans, so that is why they are on the cover.

I actually semi-agree with Aftermalice here *GASP*. VK band or not, it can get extremely cheesy, extremely fast when you just have the band plopped on the front cover.

However, at least in this picture, there's a concept. It's not just them standing in front of the camera, like the Philia and Destiny covers.

Sign in to follow this