Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Seremedy major debut album "Welcome to our MADNESS" release

Btw, there will be a European edition of "Welcome to our MADNESS".

I did a double take here. I would think that since they're European that this would happen without question.

Then again I'm not sure how popular they are in their own native continent.

Then again I'm unsure how popular they are in Japan.

Are they popular at all?

Are they popular at all?

I dont know about Europe, but ABSOLUTELY not in Japan. Really.

I don't think they're known anywhere but in their home country because if it wouldn't have been because of the internet, most European people that know about them wouldn't have ever heard of them. I'm quite sure their music isn't released anywhere outside of their own country. It's not in Belgium at least.

YOHIO is the son of a member of a famous (?) swedish metal band bassist who is signed to Universal Records, so he got to make his solo debut and Seremedy's major debut both by Universal because they have many contacts, and, apparentely, money to do it, so they are getting lots of promotion in Japan. He performed with guys from well known bands like Matenrou Opera, DuelJewel, etc and they are becoming friends with guys like Takeru from SuG, GACKT and many more.

I'm neutral about their songs, looks, etc, but I think it's sad that they are making a western scene come to attention simply because they have money and promotion instead of stuff like talent and originality. Not that they suck, but they are only getting famous because of it. They aparently know many major swedish metal bands who are introducing them to people who are making them "famous".

terrible video as expected, but I rather enjoyed the song...

the vocals didn't suck all that much, and the music was reminiscent of visual kei...

at least it has decent production on its side...

I actually thought this was better than the terrible Yohio solo stuff.

As minre mentioned, the vocals weren't too bad (definitely better than whatever that other Seremedy track is, with a PV) and I'm thankful they didn't try to sing in beginner's Japanese.

I know VK always has terrible "glamour shots" in their PV's, but seriously, just about every shot of Yohio was embarrassing/gif-worthy, haha.

yohiowtf.gif

Wow, the vocals are pretty decent, that's a first. But then again, autotune can fix almost anything.

And Yohio's backing vocals save the chorus.

It's pretty okay instrumentally tho.

I actually thought this was better than the terrible Yohio solo stuff.

As minre mentioned, the vocals weren't too bad (definitely better than whatever that other Seremedy track is, with a PV) and I'm thankful they didn't try to sing in beginner's Japanese.

I know VK always has terrible "glamour shots" in their PV's, but seriously, just about every shot of Yohio was embarrassing/gif-worthy, haha.

yohiowtf.gif

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW I FEEL!

NO

NO

NO

NO

STUPID!

Yeah, the Yohio glamour shots are all really embarrassing. Especially the scene you posted, THE FUCK? Really? I cringed so hard.

Otherwise, it's not thaaaaaaat bad. It's not any better or worse than the usual shitty VK you hear . If they were Japanese people would be circlejerking all over them. The guitar solo felt out of place though, the entire song is sort of your typical bland rock song but then a classical influenced solo just tossed in there haphazardly.

Terrible PV...Yohio you need to work that camera better! You just look so awkward as shown in the gifs...lol. and did you eat like a red popsicle before this shoot? Its all on your teeth and such...Overall, the music was good.

(IMO) i don't really get why people don't like them..i mean it's okay to dislike..but still...i think the song

was nice....

*waits to get yelled at*

If you just listen to it without watching the video, it doesn't sound like VK at all. Apart from the guitar solos, it could be Linkin Park - especially the lyrics! Seriously, doesn't anybody else think the vocalist sounds almost exactly like Chester Bennington?

^The vocals and the lyrics are very Linkin Park-ish I agree but the music itself sounds totally in line with half the stuff coming out of the visual scene imo. Maybe because a lot of it isn't that far removed anyway tbh.

I also thought it was really linkin park-ish, but way worse.

The PV is really fucking funny, so bad it's good. Also, breaks my heart how much money is thrown to this mediocre band. I mean, they can afford decent production, shooting at several locations, actors... come on!

Yohio kinda looks ridiculous in this PV... especially when he's "screaming"...

The music itself is very basic, but not bad. Same goes for the vocals I guess, although autotune does help...

Anyone knows Yohio's last name? I want to check out his fathers band history.

(Internet investigation commencing)

Rehn. Here's his Twitter (and here's Yohio's: 1) 10 000 followers? Lol. & 2) Oh god that theme is burning my eyes out).

He has played in Angtoria and is apparently guitarist in Corroded, which I haven't heard of before.

EDIT: Typo.

Seems like his brother (Chris Rehn) is more successfull, I guess they share contacts in the branch though, as well as with their label and shit.

Also, according to http://www.ratsit.se, YOHIO's full name is "Kevin Johio Lucas Rehn Eires". Kinda funny that it's sort of his real name lol.

EDIT: Also, their fanbase in Sweden is made up of 13-14 year old girls and their friends (and friends-friends), who basically forces them into listening to their band (atleast that's what SEIKE does, not sure about the others).

Also, according to http://www.ratsit.se, YOHIO's full name is "Kevin Johio Lucas Rehn Eires". Kinda funny that it's sort of his real name lol..

Yes, that's true, I actually edited this into YOHIO's Last.fm wiki (see version 1 in biography there) but he apparently didn't like that, so he contacted a moderator on Last.fm and that guy removed his birth name from the wiki. He didn't want people to find out that he's name actually is Kevin Rehn Eires. Didn't be forget that being an artist won't allowing to have a private life?

Btw, I listened to their album (samples though) from Japanese iTunes Store (since it's released there now) and the album is actually quite good!! One of the songs "SIREN (Falling Down)" is actually written by well-known Fredrik Kempe (composer of Eric Saade "Popular" and "Manboy", and Charlotte Perrelli "Hero" for those of you who like Eurovision Song Contest) together with YOHIO and Alexander Jonsson.

Also, their album (and EP "Seasons will change) are produced, mixed and recorded by well-known Patrik Frisk (founder of Ninetone Records). No wonder they got oppertunity to produce a solid album! Also, all songs are more or less written by YOHIO.

If you guys want to listen to the album already now: http://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/welcom ... 16077?l=en

Must admit I enjoyed the Japanese version of "Déjà Vu" a lot!!!

Sign in to follow this