Sign in to follow this  
Furik

plug.dj

tumblr_m0c3k82ULt1r3acuvo1_500.jpg?1333106454

plug.dj is a new website (about a month old) and is getting a lot of recognition lately.

I was wondering if this would be a better alternative to turntable.fm

First off, plug.dj is for everyone - meaning we all could play regardless of country.

The avatars are just as cute and, on the plus side, there's a turntable.fm music import so we wouldn't have anything to lose when it comes to uploading our favorite songs.

You can create an account with either a Google, twitter or Facebook account.

plug.dj_.jpg

If you want to check it out, I made a room so you can give it a test drive and see what you think.

http://www.plug.dj/monochrome-heaven/

Finally something for MH/TWsters around the world

Thanks a lot Furik, hope mods will notice this sooner or later since this is more than a good alternative for turntable.fm (my stealthy is loads of crap anyway, so I can't get in touch with other MHsters, damn...)

Support o/

Yes, you can.

Aside from importing from turntable.fm, you can also import from YouTube and SoundCloud!

Edit: Actually, i'm not sure if you can upload your own but you can search with the search function when you go to Playlists.

Edit: This site is awesome! Just the playlist part is its only real flaw that I see.

meh.

The site is kinda cool but sacrifices convenience and simplicity in return for a few more advanced features (such as video play)

Also there's a "waiting list", but I guess that can be interpreted differently.

And as Aion mentioned, you can't upload your own songs?

Yes, you can.

Aside from importing from turntable.fm, you can also import from YouTube and SoundCloud!

Edit: Actually, i'm not sure if you can upload your own but you can search with the search function when you go to Playlists.

Aye, not too bad. The Youtube part is pretty awesome.

I doubt it's a viable alternative if you can't upload your own songs - not everyone has a musical taste that is easily found on Youtube.

And if you have to import your songs from TT.... you can just use TT in the first place. But I will check it out some time.

The thing is, the "uploading our own songs" feature of turntable.fm is what made tt.fm different than 95% of the other websites that did the same thing (they added that nice interface that plug.dj "adapted" though). Not too sure how flexible plug.dj will be if we can't upload our own songs. I guess I'm partial to tt.fm because I have no problems logging in when I want to I don't have to go through a proxy to use it but I don't use it often enough to have a preference one way or another.

Also, would the streaming from YouTube be region dependent or no?

I like this one much better because I can actually ACCESS it. No matter what proxy's I tried I can't get into Turntable :/

I just tried it. It is. Which makes the site pretty much useless to me, because a lot (and I mean A LOT) of music on Youtube is blocked in Germany, because YT and the German music rights association have been fighting over royalties for years now. Almost anything that's a on a major label cannot be played here... unless I use a proxy.

So I would have to use a proxy either way. Also, I have no problems whatsoever getting onto TT with Stealthy, so I'll stick with that, since I also can upload my own obscure music there. Sorry guys.

I just tried it. It is. Which makes the site pretty much useless to me, because a lot (and I mean A LOT) of music on Youtube is blocked in Germany, because YT and the German music rights association have been fighting over royalties for years now. Almost anything that's a on a major label cannot be played here... unless I use a proxy.

So I would have to use a proxy either way. Also, I have no problems whatsoever getting onto TT with Stealthy, so I'll stick with that, since I also can upload my own obscure music there. Sorry guys.

apparently you can import your TT playlist to plug.dj, haven't tried that option though.

Edit: oh I see you already know this, my bad...

Personally really liked plug.dj, videos were cool to watch and it wasn't as dull looking as TT. Problems for me were that you can't upload songs and sometimes needed to wait for some mysterious reason next song to start (never understood why even when it was explained, so mysterious reason is mysterious :P...) And chat died once for 10 minutes or so too so I guess site still has some issues... Of course if not seeing many videos because of copywrites it would suck badly, so I guess it's easy to understand someone with such issues not liking it very much.

Ah well, but that doesn't mean others can't keep using it right? Also Champ, I also use Stealthy and I can access the site, but all I get is like a half blank screen without possibilities to log in or something :/

Actually just tested this TT import and apparently it just tried to search those songs from youtube. I guess I should have figured it being something as silly and useless -.-...

So basically it's a "Let's watch Youtube together" site? I guess that can be fun too, but then it's really quite a different thing from Turntable.

Also Champ, I also use Stealthy and I can access the site, but all I get is like a half blank screen without possibilities to log in or something :/

Happens to me too, I just click the Stealthy button twice and try again, until it works. Yes, it can sometimes take 5 or more minutes to get in, but once the site is loaded you can turn off the proxy and things usually run smoothly.

Well, to each his own.

NO

lol even roll.fm (or w/e that other site was called) wasn't this bad.

Tt.fm remains superior.

NO

lol even roll.fm (or w/e that other site was called) wasn't this bad.

Rolling.fm, I think.

I completely forgot about that site, does it still exist? It wasn't really that bad, but there was something weird about it, I don't remember exactly. I think it was kinda clumsy overall.

Sign in to follow this