Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

Jrock Violin bands?

Hey everyone! Recently, I've been slowing down my guitar playing and piano and have decided to take up the violin and I wanted to know if you guys could give me bands that have songs with violins in them or use a violin most of the time. Please don't say A(ACE) because I already have them :D Thanks!

I don't know specific bands that use lots of violins (sans Versailles) but this might be a song that you could try:

xj0Y5uYTUOQ

There is also a violin cover of it up on YouTube, so that might also help. I vaguely remember SID using some violin sometimes as well.

I am not sure about your taste but a band named Rice has violins on some songs of theirs, like this:

dny-YcH5Pdo

In fact, most of their songs are actually more of cello-based (They have a cellist as their main session member)

PS. you should definitely check up Jigsaw's suggestion above - note: LS is basically the first vk band to use "real" violin/violins (as solo) in their songs *cough*X Japan's orchestras are not counted*cough*

Thank you all!! There are some great bands, hopefully I find about more.

I didn't know D had that song with a violin.

Forgot to show this band~

gZlTxaHe_FM

Yumeha played on violin and he played on gu. and violin in the band called 弐月ノ参拾伍日 (Nigatsu Sanjuu Gonichi) as MASAKI

Completely non-VK but since you're asking Jrock Violon bands, and as they have some rock influences. maybe THEラブ人間 (THE Love Ningen) might be something for you

^ It's great, isn't it? That violin pretty much makes the entire song for me :)

Same here for sure!!

Completely non-VK but since you're asking Jrock Violon bands, and as they have some rock influences. maybe THEラブ人間 (THE Love Ningen) might be something for you

I'll check them out, thanks!

I am not sure about your taste but a band named Rice has violins on some songs of theirs, like this:

dny-YcH5Pdo

In fact, most of their songs are actually more of cello-based (They have a cellist as their main session member)

PS. you should definitely check up Jigsaw's suggestion above - note: LS is basically the first vk band to use "real" violin/violins (as solo) in their songs *cough*X Japan's orchestras are not counted*cough*

This is my first time listening to rice and wow, Yuki's voice matured nicely! I think that I'm going to check out rice after all...

Yellowca---

whoops not VK, but their Asian violin player would do mid-air backflips during the song and shit

I think the amount of violin in VK is a bit more than that in other rock music.

Allow me to display one of its most glorious moments

5CNaR65Fipw

^ Offtopic but I lol'd really hard at that one really tall guy who just stood there unmoving in the middle of the crowd the whole time.

You can ignore my suggestion if you want, since I'm going off topic. But I've been playing Violin for about 9 years now. I suggest looking into some classical music. There are really some awesome and beautiful pieces written for violin. One of my personal favorites is Pachelbel's Canon in D. It sounds amazing and it's actually easy to play.

lcJuZIUeBME

I really grew to appreciate classical music after taking up the violin. Before I just thought it was kinda boring. It might take some time and research on your part, but you should be able to find some really great violins pieces. Or I could always suggest more if your interested.

You can ignore my suggestion if you want, since I'm going off topic. But I've been playing Violin for about 9 years now. I suggest looking into some classical music. There are really some awesome and beautiful pieces written for violin. One of my personal favorites is Pachelbel's Canon in D. It sounds amazing and it's actually easy to play.

lcJuZIUeBME

I really grew to appreciate classical music after taking up the violin. Before I just thought it was kinda boring. It might take some time and research on your part, but you should be able to find some really great violins pieces. Or I could always suggest more if your interested.

Now, now. Classical music is absolutely amazing and I do listen to it specifically for violin and piano parts but the reason i made this is because I think that a violin incorporated nicely in with a rock sound sounds awesome. Take the band, ACE, I wanted something like that, but of course they are special so no band is going to have violin in all their songs. I am just looking for something like that, or like the D song, BIRTH, that our lovely, Sai, shared. Or SUGIZO, although I forgot to mention I already knew about him and I absolutely adore his music.

Sign in to follow this