Sign in to follow this  
inartistic

NEGA second full album “VANITAS” details

Only heard the preview for "RESONANCE." Wasn't sure how I felt at first, but liked it more after a few times.

And by the way, I'm impressed by the track length for the lead single. 12 fucking minutes!

The whole album is gonna end up eventually ripping off various artists :Reasonance sounds like a bad love child of Gazette's Discharge and Psychopath + Goodbye Human = My Devil on the Bed -cover (listen to the drums)

and of course,

Being the same shit like Vajra and 12012.

I like the fact that they actually tried out a lot of different textures and elements on that song. Jin's the weakest link as always and there are times where I think the song would have been a lot more interesting without him (and I'm very glad he shuts up through most of it). There are also times where I think they experimented just for the sake of experimenting (example: Ray's random bass solo). Then there are times where everything comes together pretty well and it's cool for about a minute or so. I suppose that's to be expected when a band like this composes a song of this length.

Is it sad to say this is the most refreshing thing the visual scene has personally offered me all year?

Really lovin' that song! I was a bit afraid it wouldn't keep my attention, but it has lots of nice elements. ^^

My expectations are kinda higher for the album now.

I expected V-ROCK IS DEAD to be terrible, but not that terrible. Good lord, cannot unhear.

Unless it's parody because in that case they managed to combine every single annoying trend in the VK scene into a compact three minutes of sonic torture.

Unless it's parody because in that case they managed to combine every single annoying trend in the VK scene into a compact three minutes of sonic torture.

Did you see the title? I'm pretty sure that's the point

Even if that is their goal, I don't think that song should be on the album. I like commentary on the scene as much as the next jaded visual fan, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the album. It really sounds like a flow-breaker.

The synths from V-rock is dead remind me of those really bad hip hop samples from early 2000's

The 12 minute song isn't actually bad, even if its structure reminds me too much of Diabolos and Vinushka. The problem with the song is Jin. His vocals really bother me

Same. I really wouldn't be surprised if they did it, these guys are funny 8)

I don't know what you guys are going on about. That's as good of a song that you can get from it being 12 minutes long. That bass solo was actually good and it wasn't out of place, the song actually began to move in a slower tempo specifically for the bass, that's how the song was structured around that point. I mean, yes, there's really not something to keep you hooked to the song the whole entire time but I have yet to find a song longer than 8 minutes that has been able to hold my attention throughout the whole song so I am pleased with it

I don't know what you guys are going on about. That's as good of a song that you can get from it being 12 minutes long. That bass solo was actually good and it wasn't out of place, the song actually began to move in a slower tempo specifically for the bass, that's how the song was structured around that point. I mean, yes, there's really not something to keep you hooked to the song the whole entire time but I have yet to find a song longer than 8 minutes that has been able to hold my attention throughout the whole song so I am pleased with it

Must...not...listen......to......songs......will......NOT...CAVE!

Right now, my copy is sitting in a FedEx location about an hour away from my house. It should be at my door tomorrow morning (UTC-0800). The constructive(-ish) comments are intriguing (the insults are getting super old). If V-ROCK IS DEAD is as unfitting as people claim, I have a feeling I'll be replacing it with RESONANCE (or even MMFP, if anyone can obtain it when it comes out). But overall, I'm glad most people seem to enjoy what's out there so far, even if I haven't heard it.

I look forward to hearing the full album tomorrow.

I have yet to find a song longer than 8 minutes that has been able to hold my attention

Try Classical.

Well, i meant like a V-kei or j-rock song besides Rin Toshite Shigure's Moment A Rhythm

I have yet to find a song longer than 8 minutes that has been able to hold my attention

Try Classical.

Well, i meant like a V-kei or j-rock song besides Rin Toshite Shigure's Moment A Rhythm

what do u think luna sea's the one?

They're called opinions, but that aside I'm sure you never heard Boris' Missing Pieces? (Though I have a hard time figuring out if you perhaps forgot God Palace -Method of Inheritance-). About the song, I'm not that big on it. Instrumental wise it's ok, a bit messy sometimes but I'm glad Jin doesn't sing as much as usual.

Sign in to follow this