Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

YOHIO (Seremedy) release 1st major solo mini album

first 15 seconds literally scream SUG

rip his career attempts

That's what I though too.. Why has he stolen Takeru's costume and hair style from Vi-Vi-Vi PV?

Regaring his voice, I only think of the vocalist of ViViD when listening to the chorus...

I don't want to bash or be mean or something, but this guy really thinks he's Japanese.

I actually like it, I think you're hating on the guy, because he's not Japanese... but he's one of the very few white guys who can do it right, though I wish the song was a bit heavier, this little bit of growl in some parts of the song sounded very nice.

I actually like it, I think you're hating on the guy, because he's not Japanese... but he's one of the very few white guys who can do it right, though I wish the song was a bit heavier, this little bit of growl in some parts of the song sounded very nice.

dO0dt.jpg

kawaii since 1980

(roughly 10 years before you were born)

The video itself was indeed awkward, the song was decent. Technically he is definitely not a bad singer and I don't think he has a bad voice either (actually a lot better than the vocalist of Seremedy), but I just don't feel any power in his vocals tbh. Anyway, I think it's a solid first attempt and he has my respect for getting that far.

I couldn't care less about the PV or how he looks, the song itself was embarrassing. A textbook example of "Me Too!"ism where you build your conceptually vapid song around cliches and pointless notes with little to none emotional effect ( Just listen to the guitar in the chorus ) . The songs jumps from one segment to the next with achieving nothing and relies on the horribly emotionless vocals to keep it all catchy enough to get the attention of the listener. Also the lyrics are probably stolen from a anime intro too. DAKSHIMETEE YUMEE WOOOOO KOKOROO DESUUKAA

Well, the song really is extremely generic and faceless, so decent is probably the wrong word for it. The song is extremely forgettable and the songwriting just fitting together random verses and choruses and throw in some random growls so that I personally wouldn't buy nor download his album, but it doesn't hurt listening to it like some other recent VK stuff does. So yeah, I just think it's pretty cool that he pursues his career in the way he wants to (since it's not easy to be successfull with VK as a European in Japan) despite the fact that he's a weaboo to the core. More individuality wouldn't hurt though, I thought he would go into a different musical direction than simple pop rock.

Well, the song really is extremely generic and faceless, so decent is probably the wrong word for it. The song is extremely forgettable and the songwriting just fitting together random verses and choruses and throw in some random growls so that I personally wouldn't buy nor download his album, but it doesn't hurt listening to it like some other recent VK stuff does. So yeah, I just think it's pretty cool that he pursues his career in the way he wants to (since it's not easy to be successfull with VK as a European in Japan) despite the fact that he's a weaboo to the core. More individuality wouldn't hurt though, I thought he would go into a different musical direction than simple pop rock.

So if a Swedish person sings in Japanese, then they're a weeaboo, but if they sing in English then it's totally normal? Where's the logic in that?

So if a Swedish person sings in Japanese, then they're a weeaboo, but if they sing in English then it's totally normal? Where's the logic in that?

Where did I say he shouldn't sing in Japanese? I have no problem with that at all, it's rather the whole image he's trying to pull off - it seems rather ridiculous to me, but it's a matter of taste I guess. I just think the whole kawaii-thing seems a bit forced.

It's fun because riciculous cheesyness it's in vk definition. No one seems to fucking notice when japs do it, but man, put a western guy doing it and suddenly everyone realizes. Fault of the western guy because of being western, of course. Kiryu, Megaromania, Nega, Misaruka, baroque, etc etc, tec are still awesome, cool and adorable doing the same thing. Don't dare to imply they look stupid because then you are a hater, a n00b, or a visuaru kei ignorant.

The song itself it's not bad. It's bearable and I gess it can be likeable for the target audience, but falls into poor execution and plays it so much on safe clishΓ©s that don't all work (grows, per say). The guy sings ok but relies too much on it and his vocals are not amazing. The song totally lacks a lot, but it's not an act of terrorism. It's just meh vk pop, the kind of thing no one would give a fuck about or be liked by some 13 year old that just entered the scene if it was made by a japanese guy.

The PV is average too. Not bad, not good. Don't see how the guy's origin makes it worse, though.

Would not buy this or dig it if I donload it, but props to the guy for making what he wants even with the risk of everyone jumping over him.

Well, I never said that it only looks ridiculous with western people either ;) I just meant that the way he pulls off the whole thing seems forced, and that isn't an issue only with foreign VK bands.

Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post, I think it's great that he manages to get into a scene hardly open to western people, even if his style doesn't seem natural enough to me yet.

Well, I never said that it only looks ridiculous with western people either ;) I just meant that the way he pulls off the whole thing seems forced, and that isn't an issue only with foreign VK bands.

I was not reacting to your post, in fact I agree with you for the most part :)

dO0dt.jpg

kawaii since 1980

(roughly 10 years before you were born)

He's cute indeed, but you're wrong with my age, it's just 7 years ;). It doesn't mean other people can't look cute either, I don't get your point.

tumblr_lxqqkiD9VW1qb1bgu.gif

Actually I could not care less about his origin.

And either way, this is about 10 times better than everything Seremedy have put out... So yeah, I think he could get further by being solo. The song itself is like most people said very generic and relies to much on it's catchy chorus.

Also, if I haven't gotten it wrong it seems like he recently opened his own label for signing visual kei inspired bands in the west. I think it's cool that he's trying to get a bigger western audience to the scene itself. Not sure if he will sign japanese bands though?

Don't be surprised if he's a member of the next new PS COMPANY band... I wouldn't mind that because I love PS COMPANY bands!

As long as they are talented they're good. I think BORN and/or SCREW will disband soon, so PSC is probably hunting talents soon.

I've had "SKYβ˜†LiMiT" on repeat now, and the song is basically a song that could have belonged to ViViD.

So my roomie was like, this sounds like the same generic piss poor crap you listen to all the time. So yeah, even my roommate says it sounds like the same bullshit you hear from VK and they don't even listen to VK. Regardless of where he is from, it just sounds like the same nonsense that is coming out of VK right now. Personally I don't care where he is from and always thought Seremedy received a lot of unfair hate from the crazies but even if this was from a Japanese artist I still wouldn't care much for it.

Anyway, I was hoping for something more metal-ish :headbang:

buuuuuut it's just pop-rock stuff that I don't care much for.

The one thing that I dislike the most is the random br00tal segment.

not bad song, and the PV is good produced at all.

He's japanese is good enoguh, but there's some words which the pronunciation is a litlle bit weird. He need to improve that.

I wish good luck for him, even if i'm not interested on Seremedy or anything related on them

Don't be surprised if he's a member of the next new PS COMPANY band... I wouldn't mind that because I love PS COMPANY bands!

As long as they are talented they're good. I think BORN and/or SCREW will disband soon, so PSC is probably hunting talents soon.

I've had "SKYβ˜†LiMiT" on repeat now, and the song is basically a song that could have belonged to ViViD.

I think that's kind of a bold jump to go to from this song. I don't think BORN and/or SCREW are going to disband, BORN still has a few years left in them and SCREW, i'm not sure actually.

He's cute indeed, but you're wrong with my age, it's just 7 years ;). It doesn't mean other people can't look cute either, I don't get your point.

you don't get my point, looking cute is easy. bbcream, silicone base and hair extensions cost less than $ 500, add thousand or another for costumes (assuming they're custom tailored or/and any more or less known brand.)

making music, on the other hand, requires skill, effort, time, good mixing engineer and a producer. idk if he has the former, but his voice is so weak so no amount of studio work helped it.

I don't get the fascination with attention-whoring teen who can only produce sub-tokio hotel grade work - and those guys at least were earning money with their crap.

do you realize that PSC bands are largely formed by poor fame-fungry under-educated boys tired of working for host-clubs?

his dad has enough cash to buy PSC and make it Yohio Piss and Smile Records, why would he bother Tomomi to work with him?

Universal is entirely different league from WeeWeed and Ayabyebye type of bands (even though later have signed to a major label after actually making music for half of decade.).

his starting point is something that a real Japanese band can't afford for many years of actuall work in the industry, see CEO [my dad's cash is my entertainment] @ his twitter.

I've had "SKYβ˜†LiMiT" on repeat now

loving u irl

This sounds too good for Vivid's standards - but in other standards this is just unimpressive. Why?

1) What happens if Jui (vidooru guy?) turns white and tries to cover the Japanese bubblegum pop cover of some europop song? THIS, but with less mediocrity, which actually shines through this song.

2) *Br00tal* part just turns me off - cheesy, out of place...does it serve any purpose? Not at all. I'll let Yohio rethink about turning his safe play pop rock into one hell of a clusterfuck disaster.

3) All the lyrical cliches of vk just get repeated all over and over again. Another turnoff for me , to be honest.

All in all, you might say that I'm jealous - but even the most regular weeaboo would come up with a better piece of work (and try to sound "original" for heaven's sake).

1) What happens if Jui (vidooru guy?) turns white and tries to cover the Japanese bubblegum pop cover of some europop song?

49983b21c8b94a878f2e2e94dd755746.jpg

All in all, you might say that I'm jealous

all of us obv

you don't get my point, looking cute is easy. bbcream, silicone base and hair extensions cost less than $ 500, add thousand or another for costumes (assuming they're custom tailored or/and any more or less known brand.)

making music, on the other hand, requires skill, effort, time, good mixing engineer and a producer. idk if he has the former, but his voice is so weak so no amount of studio work helped it.

I don't get the fascination with attention-whoring teen who can only produce sub-tokio hotel grade work - and those guys at least were earning money with their crap.

Looking cute isn't easy, not all people can look cute, especially white guys. Most are too manly for this style and he just has a good face for it. Look at many other older white musicians who wore female clothes, they looked rather funny, than cute.

No one is good from the start, you said yourself it requires work. The guy is still young, if he notices he got an awesome chance (because his dad has money and works for Universal), he may work hard and improve. His voice isn't that bad actually, he's just a beginner imo. Many vk bands and vocalists sound much worse than his song. It only depends on his attitude if he will get better or not.

you can make a decent looking trap out of every caucasian teenager. wait until he gets 24-25 when his shoulders shape out and face features mature.

> His voice isn't that bad actually

google define: low standarts.

but it would be nice to see him growing up artistically

(90 % won't happen, unless "sound of your flop" Jui corraboration gets into oricon top-5)

Sign in to follow this