Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

What are some of your favourite live photos?

What are your thoughts and opinions of it? Does anyone here in particular take videos when they go to shows? Why do you do it?

nb4 the lol kiwamu throw chair joke. That joke has been beaten to death please stop you're not funny. If you record with an iPad you should probably kill yourself right now. Just so you know.

THIS TOPIC IS WAY TOO NEGATIVE!

What are some of your favourite live photos? I have to say that some of the best shots of bands and musicians have always been from live performances. Doesn't matter if it was some amatuer with a camera phone or a professional from a magazine or a label.

397951_10150657820444447_141069394446_12064221_1589927000_n.jpg

Finntroll+l_21b149126512528f302585ef76ef.jpg

Depends on how many people are filming/taking pictures and where. Saw Morbid Angel last July and the first three or four rows were full of middle aged women taking pictures and filming and it kills the mood like no other. I could just wreak havoc as usual, but I'm a nice guy after all and so were all the other people there so everybody just stood still because we didn't want to upset any old ladies and break their cameras. That's easily my worst experience when it comes to camera's in concerts. I still support ( Good quality ofc ) filming because it's nice to watch the show's you've been to on YouTube later on, regardless of a few bad experiences related to the shitcamerapeople in the past.

Usually when discussing about this issue some might say " The band wishes not to be... " and I couldn't honestly care less about what they want. Band performs for the people who paid to get in and not the other way around. But also people paid to get to watch the band and not somebody's mother blocking the view with an Ipad so filming should be done from back and not in front of everybody.

IMO taking videos is completely useless. You won't end up with a listenable/watchable footage anyway, okay maybe in some rare cases. Plus I'd be hella pissed if I was rocking out on stage and a bunch of people were just standing there like zombies and not getting into the music... weird behavior IMO.

well, in this modern days,

people most likely post their half decent footage to YouTube or websites alike.

But before YT days, mostly they only recorded it as legit proof that they were there

or just as simply as for personal documentation.

But this is limited to (mostly) festival shows or

when the artists allowing a low definition and non flash camera/camera phone

in the venue or stadium.

never do because A) the sound never comes out good. and B) it ruins your own concert experience, focusing too much on capturing everything through your camera lense rather than watching the goddamn concert.

thumbs up for filming like this, in reasonable quality, from the back of the room without disturbing anyones experience,

resulting in a video that is a pleasure to watch and to listen to...

OrDDAts3pT4

screw you if filming like that, smashing your crappy cellphone into bandmembers faces, blocking everyones view, getting useless videosnippets.

waste of harddisk-space on your camera, and waste of food on you. please die...

mcVml35V-0M

I always take a couple of pictures and videos at all the concerts I attend. It serves as a memento for me. However I won't take videos and pics for the entire concert since I won't be able to enjoy the show and I use a pretty good camera so I get really good audio and video quality. I think most people have access to decent cameras now. They even got affordable camcorders that shoot HD. Maybe getting good audio and video quality may have been harder in the past, but i its a lot easier now. Personally I wouldn't shoot pics or video from a crappy cellphone cam or ipad. One is pointless the other is just rude.

Ahhhhhhhhh I forgot I started this topic hahaha.

I only thought of posting this topic because I was chatting with someone about the recent concert I went to. I honestly forgot all about it until my friend had mentioned video being recorded AND THEN I REMEMBERED! There was a guy in front of me somewhat to my left and took video the entire time. He was also just shoving his damn camera phone into the vocalist's face but she pretty much ignored it like a champ where as I would have gone Kiwamu on his ass. The thing about this guy though is that I have the same phone as him and this piece of crap takes AWFUL video. So that's why I decided to ask why.

In any case, taking photos I could totally see why someone would do it. Some of the coolest band photos are those that are taken live.

I'm not a Gazette fan but you have to admit that this is a pretty cool photo of the band.

the+GazettE++Live.jpg

Within+Temptation+Sharon+den+Adel++Live+2011.jpg

Within Temptation vocalist Sharon den Adel

ogodineedthatjacketlikerightnow

200903152139_Nightwish_Rotterdam_REZ_8703.jpg

Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon with keyboard Tuomas Holopainen in the background

They need a live DVD with Anette. Like now.

tumblr_lw42uqCU7j1qlyzjmo1_500.jpg

Ohhhhh! This one of Mako is cool!

I could post a bajillion photos of guys headbanging but these are all pretty cool.

I wish I could find it but I had a random photo from some no name garage band that played emo or metalcore or something music (whatever them kids are into these days) and the shot of the lead flailing about like a crazy man was just too cool. It actually made for a really good stock image for an illustration I did.

Sign in to follow this