Augie1995

Which band offers the best guitar solo

Guest Magatsu

sorry guys but no one can beat this guy

xOeKqLKcsBc

^ Heck yes!

Oh and Wata from Boris can make some great solos as well. *waits for Zess or someone else to post example videos*

DID I HEAR MY NAME?

Unfortunately their greatest works with guitar solos tend to be songs that are ridiculously long that no one will listen to, so here are a collection of some songs that do have nice ones but aren't ones that I like the most:

alRcF-1y9X4

tb0xkgE97b8

1CjsaFBQA1Q

Also, Evil Wave Form and The Evilone Which Sobs both have excellent guitar solos :D

I really like your video! ♥ but I didn´t know some of the bands and songs, do you have a list with the names?

Thanks! ^^

I had wrote a tracklist, look at the description.

ohh now I can see it!

my computer was acting a bit strange last time.. ><

nMgS9BrpGtY

Definitely D. I love how in this song the guitar imitates the traditional Chinese sounds.

for 30 seconds of guitar glory skip to 3:35 although it doesn't hurt to listen to the whole thing (it's basically one long guitarsolo anyways :P)

EHmiYborLbM

although he usually sucks at solos and the song itself is a little bit too much "inspired" by radiohead, this solo is quite nice (4:45)

uTdfFRVNEx0

probably the only listenworthably few seconds on the last album, pitch-pedal and whammybar action for massive win (1:35)

vyMNX9fFE8s

you have to give it to them, those guitarists are some serious players, love how they put that jazzy fusion solo next to a classic rock one into a numetal song (3:15, two solos)

IBwGrV9DmZo

Haha! bonsai I can't believe you didn't put the extended Lunar Clock ~ Lunar Dial solo from Rigid Paradise instead. That is almost a literal guitargasm.

o1OErBtlNb8

Pretty much anything by NoGoD.

Although my favourite solo ever is most likely the one in Heartless' Refuge. Freaking amazing guitar work.

All link's are time-stamped straight to the solo. Note that I don't rate solo's based on how difficult they are to play, but how they fit the song.

I'm amazed that Dir en grey has only been mentioned twice in this thread, and even then one time was only for their older music despite solos becoming increasingly prevalent in their music in recent years. Some of the most notable ones in recent times (in my opinion) are in 

, the new version of 
, and the new version of

the GazettE are an interesting case, every now and then they throw out an incredible solo such as the one in 影踏み & the solo bonanza in

, and then at other times their solos can feel incredibly dull & uninspired.

凛として時雨 have some ridiculously awesome solos too, such as this one from this is is this?

All link's are time-stamped straight to the solo. Note that I don't rate solo's based on how difficult they are to play, but how they fit the song.

I'm amazed that Dir en grey has only been mentioned twice in this thread, and even then one time was only for their older music despite solos becoming increasingly prevalent in their music in recent years. Some of the most notable ones in recent times (in my opinion) are in 

, the new version of 
, and the new version of

the GazettE are an interesting case, every now and then they throw out an incredible solo such as the one in 影踏み & the solo bonanza in

, and then at other times their solos can feel incredibly dull & uninspired.

凛として時雨 have some ridiculously awesome solos too, such as this one from this is is this?

凛として時雨 take the cake for the most insane guitar work ever, period. Hahaha

All of those songs are really good that you linked, unfortunately, I have to disagree with the statement you made on The GazettE. I feel that most of the time, they make their solos sound more than just a shred fest or something that sounds similar to the chorus at high speed where it just demonstrates their skills in speed and not flair. They have countless songs with amazing solos such as Bathroom, Cassis, Reila, CALM ENVY, DIM SCENE, DISTRESS AND COMA,  Guren, PLEDGE, REGRET, Kago no Sanagi, Shiroki Yuu Utsu, and so on. Then again, they also have their solos which seem to be their just to have one (traditional VK style): DERANGEMENT, IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS, Red, CLEVER MONKEY, 

Wow, I totally forgot to mention HaKU in my post. Although they don't write solos as frequently as a lot of other bands, when they do it always fits the song very well. Examples of some particularly good ones include 

, vanitas, and selfish (cant find any YT links for the last two).

All of those songs are really good that you linked, unfortunately, I have to disagree with the statement you made on The GazettE. I feel that most of the time, they make their solos sound more than just a shred fest or something that sounds similar to the chorus at high speed where it just demonstrates their skills in speed and not flair. They have countless songs with amazing solos such as Bathroom, Cassis, Reila, CALM ENVY, DIM SCENE, DISTRESS AND COMA,  Guren, PLEDGE, REGRET, Kago no Sanagi, Shiroki Yuu Utsu, and so on. Then again, they also have their solos which seem to be their just to have one (traditional VK style): DERANGEMENT, IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS, Red, CLEVER MONKEY, 

Ironically that's exactly what I mean, they have the ability to write some fantastic ones (some of the ones that you mentioned that I also like a lot are Bathroom, Calm Envy, Shiroki Yuu Utsu, Pledge and ironically Clever Monkey even though you put that in the bad list), but then they have a lot of solos that just seem to be there purely for the sake of having a solo, even if it completely derails the song. Personally I actually consider Kago no Sanagi's solo to be really unnecessary. 

To be honest though I think a lot of bands have this problem, just because you can write a guitar solo doesn't mean you always should. Even Dir en grey, despite everything positive I said about them in my previous post, seem to have forgotten this occasionally, Unraveling being a recent example. 

Old Tokyo Heroes, with Iwan/John as lead guitarist, had some amazing solos (絶望記念日, 6月の雨 for example). But Rinda did some kickass solos as well (破滅ノ音鳴リ響ク時, Memories).

And I wholeheartedly agree with what Pho3nyx said about The Gazette. 

I think no one mentioned L'arc en Ciel , Ken did some really awesome solos . Other than that there is a lot more , but most already mentioned . Dragon Guardian and Unlucky Morpheus from the doujin scene are also awesome , and not to forget Iron Attack and Demetori and some of Crows Claw stuff . Hmmm ... what more ... Seikima II , they older solos where awesome , they new solos are still great but if i had to compare the solo from Jack The Riper in the 80's and Jack The Riper from theyre best album from 2012 i would pick the 80s one . And i almost forgot Rikugo .

BTW , check out

, they are one of the best oldschool melodeath bands inspired by In Flames  .

Saber Tiger - Most of their tracks have jizz worthy solo's. Akihito Kinoshita who is the leader and guitarist never ceases to amaze me and its truely amazing how a 80s metal band has evolved over the years and only gotten better despite so many changes in the bands lineup

Norifumi Shima - Any band this man is associated with - Dion, Crystal Clear, Concerto Moon, DoubleDealer. Hes like the yngwie malmsteen of Japan. Incredibly skilled and talented on guitar Unfortunately his playing has become rather repetitive and hes started re-hashing the same riffs or solo's for more and more of his recent releases with Concerto Moon which is sad but then I guess the whole neo-classical thing is starting to get a little over done and theres only so far you can take that particular guitar style

Onmyo-Za are an awesome folk metal band - almost each and every one of their songs is like telling a story and you dont need to know how to speak or understand Japanese to really get into the 'soul' of the song. - Let the music take you on a journey as I always say and this is true to Onmyo-Za.

Seikima-II are another 80s band to come a long way, As 80s bands go they havent really hung on to that original 80's sound as much as Saber Tiger have but theres no mistaking that element in most of their songs when you hear it. In some extreme cases Id almost say they were "iron maiden'esk" somewhat but I love iron maiden so.

Kinniku Shōjo Tai - otherwise known as 'King-Show' are another great band to come from the 80s - a strange band to say the least, they dont just dabble in rock and metal but punk and alt rock which makes them rather confusing to listen to if you dont understand japanese. Their heavier tracks however are amazing.

I also love Hizaki's playing - so any band he is associated with goes on my list. Syu somewhat to a lesser degree - I cant deny that hes a great musician and i love galneryus but for some reason I just dont 'feel' into him as much as i feel for the other bands/musicians ive mentioned and i cant really describe why. but I was heavily into Galneryus a few years back and they were literally all i would listen to, Maybe its the signature 'scooped mids' tone that he uses that i cant really agree with but to me its like playing in space and the void has completely sucked out any resonance from the strings that would normally transfer to the guitar when a fuller tone is used (I am a musician myself btw even though I dont really get to play that much anymore)

Many great examples of the bands mentioned - especially Saber Tiger and Concerto Moon can be found on my YT channel, Feel free to pay me a visit :)

Nightmare all the way for me. If this band is good at something, it's setting the moods for the perfect solos. Here a few examples.