Sign in to follow this  
Champ213

Official Turntable.fm Thread

Seems like a I spoke too early. I probably won't be there on saturday evening due to a family celebration. Since I'm probably the staff member that's most proficient with oldschool jrock I guess I should be there though to help moderating, so I'm going to move the date forward to Friday. I hope this isn't a problem.

New time: Friday, August 19th, 10pm GMT (Use Time Zone Converter for your local time.)

u get time the saturdays in the morning im from peru mmm i have 400 gb of audio data of japanese rock and a lot of gothic , post punk , synth pop eroupean bands :v

os jrock forever and ever !! bur wtf is this i need explains :D

Read here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10632 :wink:

But yeah, it's a bit too late to change the date of theme night again, Friday evening it is. But you can play your music at any other time you wish, provided there are enough people in the room.

I'll try and be there ~ owld skewl yeaaaaah :staru: If I used that time conversion site correctly, I'll just be getting off of work when it starts and my commute takes me about two hours so I'll be about two or three hours late to the party. Depends on whatever traffic is like.

The Female-vocalists-night was significantly longer than 2 hours (I think I left after 4-5 hours and it was still going then), so I'm sure the party will still be going on when you come. :staru:

Unless your Q is already filled with oldschool stuff (which it probably is, lol) you might want to consider to prepare ahead and uplaod the stuff you want to play a day earlier though.

Oldschool night isn't completely over yet, but it's been a cool night already. I think we actually had a user record during the high time. Too bad about the downtime of TT, we lost some users due to that. Anyway, there surely might be another oldschool night in the future. ;)

We also set a theme for next weekend. This time it will be on Saturday again.

Time: Saturday 27th, 10pm GMT (Time Zone Converter

Theme: Blind Listening

Rules: The normal rules of the room will be relaxed for this night. Anything goes, japanese or not, and any genre. HOWEVER, you have to change ALL TAGGING DATA from the file before uploading the song. The idea is that people will only be able to judge the song itself, without knowing the artist.

Edit:

IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding the them night:

Due to restrictions imposed by TT you will have to change the tags of the songs for blind listening night, instead od removing them.

Why? TT records an untagged files as Artist "Unknown". Due to licencing restrictions an artist cannot be played more than 3 times per hour.

So instead we would ask you to change your tags, for example by giving them your username plus a number:

Champ1 - Champsong1

Champ2 - Champsong2

Champ3 - Champsong3

It doesn't really matter what you call them, but they should be distinctive, yet hide the actual artist and song name.

I know it's a bit more work, but preparing 10-15 songs that way only take a few minutes with a good tagging programme.

IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding the them night:

Due to restrictions imposed by TT you will have to change the tags of the songs for blind listening night, instead of removing them.

Why? TT records an untagged files as Artist "Unknown". Due to licencing restrictions an artist cannot be played more than 3 times per hour, even if it's a fake artist like "Unknown".

So instead we would ask you to change your tags, for example by giving them your username plus a number:

Champ1 - Champsong1

Champ2 - Champsong2

Champ3 - Champsong3

It doesn't really matter what you call them, but they should be distinctive, yet hide the actual artist and song name.

I know it's a bit more work, but preparing 10-15 songs that way only takes a few minutes with a good tagging programme.

We can probably schedule the next theme night a bit earlier than the ones so far....

Anyway, due to unforseen circumstances I may not be able to attend, or just drop by quickly this time. =/

lol so apparently ...I've been dj-ing since early morning long after I'd already closed the window. I come back on to see what's up and I've already occupied a Dj seat spinning jams mostly by my lonesome. I'm guessing this is some kind of epic proxy fail. Sorry if you came in during this D:

BTW it also seems I'm unable to take myself off the Dj stand for some reason. If anybody would be so kind as to kick me D:

What a disappointing theme night it is turning out to be. 3 people and we are not even going with the theme.....

I wanted to come, but I was away this weekend. :emo: Too bad, I already had some songs prepared.

Anyway, I think we have a theme for next night, but Mr. Cat will take care of that, so I guess he'll make the announcement too. :3

THEME NIGHT #4!

Time: Saturday 3rd, 10pm GMT (Time Zone Converter)

Theme: Cover Songs

Rules: The cover song should preferably be performed by a Japanese artist/band. The song being covered can be of Japanese or non-Japanese origin. For example, you could play a Japanese band covering another Japanese song or a Japanese band covering an American song. It doesn't matter. There will be no genre limitations.

If you have any questions or objections, now is the time to speak up! :staru:

Sign in to follow this