Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

NoGod - Genjitsu

album_noGod_genjitsu_00.jpg

What do you guys think of NoGod's new album?

I'll listen to it whole day and come back with a review later, meanwhile, you guys, please give your thoughts on it :lol:

listend once now!

and i have to tall i like the new album! its a bit diffrent but not really bad.

but will give more listen later ;)

but so far i like it and for now i would give a 8/10

Listening to this album was a waste of my time. 3/10

Listening to this album was a waste of my time. 3/10

I have to agree with this sentiment.

Not that I was ever much of a fan outside some stuff before they started churning out albums...

The vocalist getting more and more annoying, the music, mediocre as it is, can't save it.

I don't hear the change that everyone is stating they hear.

To me, it sounds like every other album they've put out - and that's honestly a good thing.

They haven't changed at all after singing to King.

I'm loving this album so far.

Highlights:

神風

Downer's High

机上の空論

III-実存

アイデンティティー

I'm so disappointed, even dont feel for writing a review...

I only enjoyed kijou no kuuron out of the new songs, which is quite catchy, but the rest? So boring...

This is definately their worst album to date, can't even be compared to gokusaishiki or even kakera.

Best songs: Kamikaze, kijou no kuuron

Rest: meh..

5/10 :cry:

Unlike some people, I do enjoy listening to this awesome album. Though I prefer their indie era(heavy tune), I do luv some songs in this album. Well I think I did not waste my freaking time listening to this album :)

8/10

Unlike some people, I do enjoy listening to this awesome album. Though I prefer their indie era(heavy tune), I do luv some songs in this album. Well I think I did not waste my freaking time listening to this album :)

8/10

i dont understand it either hehe

its a great album ^^

I just want to say that I'm on III-Jitsuzon and this album is probably on par with Kakera for me, maybe a little bit better. Some good tunes but overall it doesn't drive home. Truthfully, much of this album just melts together although individual pieces stick out more than it did on Kakera. Also, there are less plodding slow pieces, which is what Kakera really suffered from. So overall, not really the greatest album from them for me but it could have been much worse. 6/10

I can't be bothered to write a full review so I'll just give my overall summary of the album:

I found it a lot better than Kakera but it still lacked what made them amazing. It's definitely kept me more interested but it's still a pretty boring/generic album over-all. Maybe if it had more songs like Kamikaze on here then I'd like it a lot more. The songs that stood out the most are Kamikaze, Kijou no Kuuron and Identity. 6/10.

Wow, it's fucking nothing / 10

I liked their 1st full length, but it's been kind of a nosedive into mediocre-ville for them afterwards

That's what you get for leaving artpop ;O

Gonna do a track-by-track while I listen to it, so I have fresh ideas.

I will start off by saying that Kakera was a massive disappointment, so my expectations are that it is going to be better than that. Here's to hoping my expectations will actually be met this time. NoGoD is one of my favorite bands and to answer Furik's question before I start: I think that rather than having a majority of songs like "Saikou no Sekai" and less like "Shirasagi" people are becoming less and less tolerant of this band, which sucks because they have SO MUCH TALENT and I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Fanboy moment over and compusure retained, let the objective review begin:

1. Kamikaze - Loved it as a single and I love the album version also. I love the repetition in it for whatever reason... I like to get songs stuck in my head that way. I love the last minute or so. His voice sounds so... Powerful... In the way of Atria. 10/10

2. Kowaremono - I'm finding to be pretty basic. Not very mind blowing. Not very over the top or fun or dark or powerful, just a song that they wrote that is enjoyable but not something for the repeat button. What's hard for me is my lack to comment on their newer work (Kakera, beyond) because of how simply basic it is. A redeeming factor of this song is that mini solo at about the 2.5 minute mark. 8/10

3. Downer's High - Anyone else getting kind of a strong 90's vibe from this song? I'm kind of digging this. It's pretty cool and pretty different from what I'm hearing Danchou sing and I am ALL about that! 10/10

4. Yasashisa no Imi - Settling in for a long ballad... I never thought NoGoD was very good with ballads aside from Kono Sekai ni Mihana Sarete mo which is pure gold... Their slower songs (or all songs that don't involve churning guitars) tend to bore the hell out of me... Which is probably way Kowaremono didn't do much for me. However, THIS ballad is actually REALLY pretty and emotional and truly beautiful. Good job NoGoD! 10/10

5. Raise a Flag - Basic single was basic. Not much else to say 7/10

6. Aishitekure - Definitely wasn't expecting something like this with a name like "Aishitekure." Defintiely thought I was going to be given another Shounen to Chizu or something along those basic lines. THIS though... This I can work with. Definitely one of their better songs. I love the drums. I love the melody of the voice and I love that the guitars don't sound like pansy ass shit guitars! 10/10

7. Tenba, Sora wo Iku ga Gotoku - Horses? Okay. I'll accept that fucked up intro because this token instrumental song is actually really really REALLY good. Especially when compared to the garbage one that was on Kakera... I don't even remember anything about it it was so bland. Kono Ame no Mukou ni from Gokusaishiki was really good, but didn't showcase their talents in the way Aozora, and now this song, do. I'm very impressed with this song. 10/10

8. Kijou no Kuuron - This seems to be the one everybody's talking about. I love it. I don't really know what else to say other than this really is a knockout song. 10/10

9. III-Jitsuzon - Expecting this to be the exact same song that II-Kaigi and Ring-a Ring-o already were, but so far... The intro is really nice. Great beat and understated which is good because of how fucking in-your-face I thought it was going to be. The more this song goes on, though, the less impressed I get. It's just a bit too... long. Even though it's got some good things going on, it won't be something I can play over and over again for the length factor. I would say the strongest part of this song is the drums. I do give them props for not continuing this... series(?) the way I thought they were going to. 9/10

10. Kousai - Must say, I really REALLY love this one too! Powerful and yet fun. Didn't notice it was 6 minutes though. Oh well. I think I can deal for how good this song is. It may fade on me though... I used to love Ano Sora wa Gokusai de but then it literally just... I couldn't listen to it ANYMORE because it got to be so boring to me. That will probably happen to this one too. 10/10

11. Identity - The fuck is this shit? 3/10

TL;DR I think this is their best work yet, to be quite honest. I give it a 9/10

Super saddy about their current poppy direction...

1. Kamikaze - Pretty much the best "major-NoGoD" single - Its not so Atria-ish but its one hell of a catchiness - in a good way ofc...well, it's eventually getting boring after awhile due to its formulaistic approach 8/10

2. Kowaremono - Generic track is generic 6/10

3. Downer's High - (L'arc reference lololol?) yes, STP & other US rock acts from 90s come to my mind whenever this starts playing, nostalgic as hell - digging the "in-your-face" bass in this track 10/10

4. Yasashisa no Imi - Good ballad...which eventually loses its quality after a few listens, boring! 6/10

5. Aishitekure - Guitars & bass are great but the singing just doesn't go anywhere from "the generic area" 7/10

6. Tenba, sora wo iku ga gotoku - Aozora + happy major chords + horses = this 7/10

7. Kijou no Kuuron - Mr. Heaven + unnecessary genericity = this 7/10

8. III-Jitsuzon - Good sequel to the II-kaigi (w/e it was) but I seriously sense those unnecessary Kamikaze verses & choruses rolling out from nowhere, ergh 7/10 for now

9. Kousei - Starts off well but...it eventually starts to lose its quality after a few listens, sigh...7/10

10. Identity - LOL. 6/10

Overall - 6,5/10 (only because of Kamikaze's catchiness and Downer's High with its in-your-face-ness)

I want my artsy Nogod back :(

^ I think you forgot Raise a Flag somewhere in there.

Oops! Well, Raise a Flag = generic Nogod single song, nothing else 6/10

Overall result's still same

^ I think you forgot Raise a Flag somewhere in there.

You know what's SO funny?

Raise A Flag is probably the most forgettable song this album.

Err.... I just finished listen to this album... and I already forgot everything in this album except the album version of Kamikaze....

I will not give rating right now...

Yeah, I really really want they back to mugenkyou era... That's the best album they ever release...

EDIT :

After a more and more intensive time listening to this album, after 天馬、空を行くが如く the album become awesome...

天馬、空を行くが如く are great instrumental, I think it's par with 青空

机上の空論 are AWESOME! this is one of best track in this album.

III-実存 give me a chill... It's great...

after the greatness from previous four track, 恒星 making a great epilogue for this album.

アイデンティティー are too far from 夢, it's only just little better than アイ

Now, I will give rating... it's 4/5...

Err~

I think this album better than Kakera

But there is no "killer song" like II-Kaigi

I will give rate 7/10 for Genjitsu

Oh, and I like Kamikaze album version and Kijou no Kuuron

Short, unprofessional review:

Kamikaze - Great, love the longer intro. This really impressed me on the single. Especially the "moto moto moto moto kamikaze" part I adore. 8.5/10

コワレモノ - What ShanethVarosa said. They put this in because it's an enjoyable track, but doesn't stand out on its own AT ALL. It's boring compared to Kamikaze, it feels like an album filler. I mean, it has its moments, but doesn't come to bloom. 6.5/10

Downer's High - Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Love the experimenting, gives me that 90's feeling. Amazing song. 10/10

優しさの意味 - Nice ballad, not the best ballad I've ever heard, but it's decent. 7.5/10

Raise a Flag - Incredibly forgettable. I like it better after a few listens though. 6.5/10

愛してくれ - Pretty cool song. Typical NoGoD. 8/10

天馬、空を行くが如く- Track no. 7, which means instrumental track time! It's a lot better than the one on Kakera, and this is a really fun intstrumental. 8/10

机上の空論 - I believe this is the track that lots of people like, but I don't get what's so special about it. I've heard tracks on this album that are better than this one. It's still a pretty fun track. 7.5/10

III-実存 - Epic. Not too long either. Yet at some part it seems like it's 2 songs put in 1. 9/10

恒星 - It's nice, but a bit disappointing after the previous track. 8/10 none the less.

Identity - The hell is this? This is that kind of track of which they said: OK guys, we got 1 track left, let's go crazy and do whatever the fuck we want. And it's pretty funny listening to it. 8/10 just for making this up!

Overal: 8.5/10

Seeing as I rated Kakera 8/10, I have to say Kakera should be rated 6/10 compared to this. This is waaaaay better than Kakera, and it's got some amazing tracks.

Short, unprofessional review:

Seeing as I rated Kakera 8/10, I have to say Kakera should be rated 6/10 compared to this. This is waaaaay better than Kakera, and it's got some amazing tracks.

I very-very agree with you... I can't really enjoy Kakera...

There too many mid-pace track... Although Kakusei and II-Kaigi are great...

Sign in to follow this