Sign in to follow this  
kurorockdude

Does Everyone Here Hate UVERworld??

I was reading a few reviews and stuff and I came a across a comment on the Girugamesh Color review. Some guy said it sounded like a UVERworld and then went on to bash UVERworld. Now I'm sure that I can't be the only VK fan who also likes UVERworld, YUI, FLOW and all those other mainstream bands. So I'm just interested, do you like or hate UVERworld and if so, why?

I don't know about everyone here, but I know I don't like them.

Reason? I just don't think they are all that interesting. To me, they are just yet another run-of-the-mill generic pop-rock band that just happened to have a song played for a super popular anime. Same with the others, really. They aren't completely bad, just really boring . . .

But seriously, just because one person said that, doesn't mean you should assume the same about the rest of the board or the VK fandom. Neither does that mean you should immediatly make an entire thread about it when someone mocks your favorite band.

Guest 膣分泌液

Yes.

But then again most of those anime musicians are pretty shit - Orange Range, YUI, etcetcetc

Don't care for them, but they don't deserve the masses' hate either. They aren't THAT bad. They just aren't all that good. Like someone said, they're generic average pop-rock - perfect for openings, not for much else.

First off, no because I LIKE THEM. They got a few great songs that's worth checking out but that's for another thread.

2nd, I'll one up Cibicco-san on the last comments he/she made. However just to add, even if everyone did hate them, who cares? As long as you value your own opinions then you shouldn't let them provoke you.

And since Herpes has been knocking it, bands/artists like Orange Range and Yui don't make songs exclusively for anime since they were officially musicians long before their songs were featured in the show. Anime studios only offered to have their songs in the show. This comes hand and hand not only in business sense but also growing fan base due to promotion.

I remember when one of D'espairsRay's most recent singles was released, in my review I pointed out how it sounded like an UVERworld song and I thought it was funny... and one of my least favourite songs by them coincidentally.

I'm indifferent about them. I don't hate them. I don't care enough to. But I'm not a fan, either. I don't have their albums or .mp3s, but if a friend is listening to them, I won't bitch at them to skip the song. I actually wasn't aware "everyone hated them" until this post, so. D:

UVERworld aren't VK. Thus 80% of the population of TW hates them.

Sorry, bro.

? lol, this sfm. I like UVERworld, and in fact, I kinda agree that Giru sounds a bit like them lately, just more rockish and less pop. But I personally like rap-rock in just about any form. Except Orange Range, I can't stand them.

I'm not their fan. I neither like nor despise them, but I admit that I ever did give a listen to some of their songs [which I thought were not that good or as spectacular as their fans might've said]; and that's it. I'm pretty much indifferent.

i'm with you, i love UVERworld, FLOW, and Yui ;D

but i think alot of people who like vk bands tend not to like them, just because they aren't vk |:

^ Pfft, I'd rather be caught listening to UVERworld any day then some of the craptastic VK bands that are out there.
i agree with this.

in fact, i listened to them a few years back before i got my favorite bands' attention.

i like UVER. they're pretty good.

Enjoyed some of their music.

It just because they're not VK so not much talked in this place.

But i can't stand Yui and Orange Range, they're crap.

Esp Yui, cos she can't reach high notes,

whenever she tries, she looks like a constipated person lol.

I like UVERworld and I LOVE YUI. FLOW is alright. Agreed on the face YUI makes sometimes, lol, that looks weird. But it's not so much about what she can or can't to me, it's her voice in general that I like and the songs.

About UVERworld, the singer may sound boring at times, but besides that I think they make nice music.

And yeah, as mentioned before, most people here are not into these kinds of music.

never cared 'bout them, i normally don't like boygroup pop artists - but i don't hate them, jus' don't like their music

I was reading a few reviews and stuff and I came a across a comment on the Girugamesh Color review. Some guy said it sounded like a UVERworld and then went on to bash UVERworld. Now I'm sure that I can't be the only VK fan who also likes UVERworld, YUI, FLOW and all those other mainstream bands. So I'm just interested, do you like or hate UVERworld and if so, why?
You see... in that case you mentioned, I don't think the point is hating or liking UVERworld, it's just that girugamesh isn't SUPPOSED to sound like them. So this is why it IS a bad thing, even for someone who does like UVERworld. I have to agree with them on that one, because... you know, if I want to listen to something that sounds like UVERworld, then I'm gonna listen to them and not girugamesh. I like it when girugamesh sounds like the girugamesh I like.

Then you said people started bashing UVERworld, but again... because they were mentioned, haters show up. Don't mind them, every band has haters and we just have to respect their opinion/choice of not liking the same stuff as we do.

Just don't let it make you feel uneasy on the forums or something. There are a lot of members here and I'm sure there are enough people to like and hate pretty much everything. It's still just a matter of musical taste, as always.

Anyway, I used to like UVERworld back when they started out, and even though most of their songs sound boring to me nowadays... I can't say I hate them. I just don't feel like listening to them anymore and I don't think it's worth to keep track of - at least to me.

P.S.: I love YUI. <3

Meh they were alright in the beginning, now I'm just indifferent about them.

Orange Range though...I really liked their first 2 albums.

They're good enough for about 1.5 minute :P

No, never really listened to them, but I really don't feel the need I have to. They have a pretty generic sound which an anime-OP already captures in that 1.5 minute...

I like UVERworld a lot, the same with YUI and Orange Range.

FLOW are just ok imo.

You see... in that case you mentioned, I don't think the point is hating or liking UVERworld, it's just that girugamesh isn't SUPPOSED to sound like them. So this is why it IS a bad thing, even for someone who does like UVERworld. I have to agree with them on that one, because... you know, if I want to listen to something that sounds like UVERworld, then I'm gonna listen to them and not girugamesh. I like it when girugamesh sounds like the girugamesh I like.

Then you said people started bashing UVERworld, but again... because they were mentioned, haters show up. Don't mind them, every band has haters and we just have to respect their opinion/choice of not liking the same stuff as we do.

Just don't let it make you feel uneasy on the forums or something. There are a lot of members here and I'm sure there are enough people to like and hate pretty much everything. It's still just a matter of musical taste, as always.

Anyway, I used to like UVERworld back when they started out, and even though most of their songs sound boring to me nowadays... I can't say I hate them. I just don't feel like listening to them anymore and I don't think it's worth to keep track of - at least to me.

P.S.: I love YUI. <3

same here i agree but i never actual heard UVERWORLD so i can't say i hate them yet i love YUI too :staru:

I like most of the bands listed on this topic. Yui's Rolling Starm though I never watched Bleach, is an awesome song for me. UVERWORLD has some nice songs, mainly the anime ones.