Sign in to follow this  
Kyo-sama

[Korean] Seo Taiji

I can't believe it wasn't a topic for him already...

taiji_4.jpg

Seo Taiji (born Jeong Hyeon-Cheol on February 21, 1972) is a South Korean singer and musician. As a cultural comparison, Taiji’s levels of popularity in Korea is analogous to the popularity of Michael Jackson in the mid-1980s.

He is the best korean musician ever for me :)

It's interesting that he started with hip-hop (really don't like the stuffs)..

So, what are your favorite albums and songs?

For me it's still Ultramania.. :wub:

For songs:

Take four

IiLo6j6-UBE

Internet War

e884QeiLsbs

T'ik T'ak

2OrXheP2VmY

Anybody know if he is planning album or single? Since 2009 nothing :cry:

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM, Seo Taiji ♥ As simply as it is: if i should pick one artisti which I like, it would be Seo Taiji.

Amazing.

(Thought about doing this thread a year ago, but was too lazy)

he IS awesome.

what is he doing now? long time without a new release or anything like that.

The Moebius was his last release (correct me if i'm wrong).

last I heard his ass was still in Mongolia, gathering "influences" for his next release. Also, I heard rumours recently about him being married, then divorced and various other things?

Any conformation?

He's currently in a lawsuit with his ex-wife, about the asset division etc, and today he sent out an statement thanking his fans for their support and apologizing to them.

Also, I heard rumours recently about him being married, then divorced and various other things?

Any conformation?

read that on last.fm... long live to interfering in their lives

so I hope we can looking forward to see something from him soon since he gathers some "influences" :D

Indeed awesome. I was wondering what was happening with him.. I was expecting an album after his ATOMOS releases but it never came. He went to work on his Orchestra project and now he's dealing with his divorce. I assume it's going to be a while before he releases any new material but more than likely it will be worth the wait.

^ And I hate you. :<

Do I seem like a liar, if I say that I've liked all of his earlier releases? Well, his solo stuff - I still don't like Seo Taiji & Boys releases though, but in general I've liked all of his solos.

Liked his releases though I'm not as fond of his Atomos album :s The Symphonic versions of Internet War, I know and Comeback home are awesome though :P

Unreleased cuts and footage of Seo Taiji’s MV filming for “Moai” back from 2008, will be making its way to the big screen in the near future as a full-length movie.

A representative of Seo Taiji Company stated on July 26th, “We recovered the undisclosed footage of the ‘Maoi’ MV from 2008 and made it into a film. The plot for the movie has yet to be set, but the movie will premiere at the Coex Megabox Seo Taiji M Cinema.”

The upcoming film is currently being evaluated by the Korea Media Rating Board, but the premier date and promotion duration are still undecided.

Fans have been responding positively to this news as it is a refreshing break from the lawsuit gloom between Seo Taiji and Lee Ji Ah.

SOURCE

So... when's Atomos part II coming? :P

He's one of the only Korean musicians I really like. Sure there are other who are cool, but none match Seo Taiji. It's about time he releases some new music. I loved Atomos... need more!

Slight necro.

I love this guy. I had Ultramania already a few years ago because I was a nu metal fan and it was one of the best albums in the genre. When I checked out his earlier stuff on impulse, I decided I loved every single album he's ever done. Not straight away, of course. From metal to the cheesy '80s synthpop he did on the first album was a huge step. ATOMOS is the one I have left to listen to fully over and over again until I love it. I ended up deciding my favourite song is Gyosil Idea, and my favourite album is 7th Issue, which I FINALLY managed to import last week (it's so fucking rare), along with the Goodbye Best album from ST&Boys. The past year he's become one of my most listened artists.

I'm so impressed with him, his work ethic, most of the things he announces (if he does say anything that is) and the strength of his material that I named an important character of my novel after him and namedrop a song in dialogue. I have a feeling this will happen again.

There's a great torrent on Asiatorrents that has everything (most of the albums in 320) if any of you can't find his frankly impossibly sparse CD releases. I'm going to import the others if they ever pop up on EBay. I'm saving up for the Anniversary Boxset but I don't know if I'll find it any time soon.

Sign in to follow this