Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Bad Concert Experiences

Fortunately for me I haven't had that many. Other than occasionally being next to some random guy with horrible B.O or being stuck behind a 7 foot giant.

The one true bad experience was when I went to a metal show. I was all the way in the front, next to the stage enjoying the music when some dudes began crowd surfing. Every ten seconds someone was literary launched into the unreceptive crowd and passed overhead. It totally ruined the experience for me since I had to constantly be on guard and couldn't enjoy the music.. Despite all that, I get kicked in the head a couple of times and dropped my digital camera. I ended up moving away from the front to the side.

Ah, I had almost one last year at Provinssirock, when I was in second row at Rammstein's gig. Suddenly some ~2m of tall, heavy guy like... jumped on me and tried to not to fall over. (which was impossible) And as I'm 170cm tall, stood there without moving for over 10 hours, it was pretty... horrible experience to my legs. (Imagine, someone who is half of your weigh suddenly jumps on you, it's not that funny.)

Then I have also a few of smoke's marks on my arm, because some girl suddenly... letäs say rubbed her tobacco's to me. (Well, she was pretty drunk so it's been forgiven.

And of course there was moshpit. :D At Atreyu's gig I suddenly got next to it (I was trying to not get in it) and some big guy hit me accindetally when he made some ninjamove with his hand.

Never had any bad concert experiences as such, but the Terremoto-Festival (formerly Bizzare Festival) of 2003 was kinda fucked up. Not enough camp space nearby, shuttle buses to the festival area barely existant, so we had to walk for an hour to get from our tent to the stages. I came there to see bands playing, not to go hiking! Bad organisation overall. We slept through half the saturday afternoon somewhere in the middle of festival compound, because returning to our tent would take too long, and left early on sunday before the Headliners played.

At least it had some nice performances, like Suede, who also had a signing session. :lleft:

No wonder though it was the last time the festival took place.

It was at a Parkway Drive gig I guess.

Some guy who was trying to crowdsurf kicked with one of his feet in my neck. I instantly lowered myself on one of my knees as everything was blurry for a second. It hurt quite a lot. When I got up again there was a circle pit going around me :P. Friend of mine pulled me out of it.

It's not that I'm afraid of circle and mosh pits (If I was, I shouldn't go so close to them) but I wonder what would have happened if my friend hadn't pulled me out of it.

First row at a Dillenger Escape Plan gig is dying as well. I'm never doing that again. I immediately backed away when I could :P Vocalist was slowly going crazy in front of me, putting his feet onto the speakers, making them turn and nearly falling on top of my hands :s

I messed up my foot kicking some chick in the head during a Parkway Drive gig.

Elbowed in the face at The Prodigy and had a black eye for about three weeks. That was probably Herpes too.

Groped by some 30-40 year old man with a thick, disgusting beard when I went to see Opeth, he wouldn't leave me alone all night and I couldn't concentrate on the band because I had to keep coming up with ways to escape him.

Then there was meeting The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster. They just stink. I mean seriously. Like they've never heard of a shower.

And my friend dragged me along to a Bring Me The Horizon Gig. That was the worst live experience of my life, they were absolutely terrible and all of them were extremely rude.

OH. And the studs! I only went to the live because I thought it'd be my only chance to see aie in person, since I never did when deadman was active. Fans were rude, fights were had, all in all the crowd was awful.

Blood was the only truly terrible experience. Of course there have been other bad lives, lives to bands I'm not too fond of and well at the last Deg concert I lost my lip ring thanks to some girl who smelled like she shit her pants on the regular but that Blood concert is really the only concert I wish I could take back.

At a Blind Guardian gig a few years ago, the crowd mostly consisted of older people and it's Blind Guardian! So it was relatively tame. However there was one guy around my age bracket that was constantly trying to start a pit. It was fine and most people gave him room to jump around, swing, kick and flop around on the floor like a retard. At one point though trying to get people into it he shoved me to the ground for no apparent reason. Being a petite girl, that didn't go to well with my big burly metal head friends and also several others that saw him do it. So they finally joined the mosh pit he was trying to start up the whole night and just beat the shit out of him. He was a trooper though, he wasn't as rough for the rest of the show but he stuck it out and enjoyed the shit out of the concert despite getting a few lumps.

While seeing 3Oh!3 at my school last year, some douche-bag kicked in the face while trying to start a crowd surf. Then he had the audacity to ask me to help throw him into the air. That was probably Herpes, also : / .

At least I got a pair of shutter shades out of it.

While seeing 3Oh!3 at my school last year

-

at a Mucc gig a few years ago there was a girl who had been queueing outside for like 4 days, and she had the audacity to try and shove me when I pushed my way to the front.

Not too many,

I've been bitten on my right shoulder by a crazy DeG fan girl,

she tried to get my spot in order to get closer with the stage.

Was shoved by a chubby girl who have body odor on

not to mention she was acting all kawaii with those "KYAAA-desu~!!!"",

and was wearing bunny ear bandeau,

and was screaming band member's name directly to my ears

(she was standing right behind me)

Some poseur goth boy tried to steal my cellphone during one of Marilyn Manson concert.

Was losing my Sony Ericsson K700i on Linkin Park concert.

And i just owned that cellphone for 2 weeks. That really hurts!

And last but not least, the weirdest evar,

I was in Jakarta, having Iron Maiden concert.

And there's no booze around. Only bottled water, bottled soda pop or bottled Nestea.

Also, all audience were smells like expensive eau de perfume.

The cleanest, odorless, seriously weirdest Metvl concert that I've been attended evar.

I think that's all.

Well, about 2 years ago I saw the band

, kinda weird and unknown metal band from Sweden.

The entrance was free ofcourse, so there was alot of people there just to ruin the show for others, I actually enjoyed the band to some parts.

The audience was 45~60 people maximum, and there was 3 guys who was there just to participate in the mosh. So this one guy tried to hit me in the face with his knuckle, luckily my friend pushed me away cus I didn't even see it, but the rest of the crowd jumped him afterwards so it was ok. And he should have some cred for actually starting a wall of death I suppose.

Also during Dir en grey (2009), not really a bad show, but I was stuck behind this guy with a huge affro who kept headbanging in my mouth... The fangirls made him leave though, I think I was around 3~4 row and he was in front of me so... :staru:

Also Marilyn Manson gig 2009 was very bad, he disapointed me big time.

And summer 2010, I saw uhm, Humanity's last breath... Not a bad show for the crowd (which was 5 people including me), so I guess it was not really fun for the band. :butwry:

Nothing really as bad as anything here has happened to me, but I do have a few interesting experiences.

At the Taste of Chaos tour during D'espairsRay's set some douche bags who were prolly A7X fans decided to starting ramming in to the edge of the crowd cause everyone to stumble in different directions and since everyone was packed in there really wasn't any room to move. This ended up with me falling on the floor, which would have been really bad if some nice guys next to me didn't immediately offer me a hand and pulled me back onto my feet. Also got punched in the face by an old friend at that concert who apparently hates me now...all I did was walk up to her and say hi too.

At a Dir en Grey concert there was this one girl next to me that seriously looked like she was orgasming or something. Her eye were closed, she was grabbing her legs tightly, her breathing was really sharp and heavy. I went up to her and asked her if she was alright, which she told me she was...it was just kind of weird. (It was prolly Herpes :D )

At a D'espairsRay show last year there was a fat chick in front of me who was being as stationary as possible. If you are gunna be up front, you better be getting in to it, because I'll be damned if I am not gunna go ape-shit during some of their heavier songs. Long story short, she felt the wrath of me trashing around cause she couldn't take the hint to move back if she didn't want to deal with it.

I think at this point everyone can blame herpes.

Also I'm not sure if I should categorize this as bad or not, but I basically got a back boob massage by some girl once. I was at another metal concert and she was standing behind me and apparently really into the band because she kept jumping up and down. And since the crowd was really packed every time she jumped I kept feeling her boobs bouncing along my back. She did stop after like 3 or 4 songs.

I think at this point everyone can blame herpes.

Also I'm not sure if I should categorize this as bad or not, but I basically got a back boob massage by some girl once. I was at another metal concert and she was standing behind me and apparently really into the band because she kept jumping up and down. And since the crowd was really packed every time she jumped I kept feeling her boobs bouncing along my back. She did stop after like 3 or 4 songs.

Lacky you

The only really bad experience I can remember was that somehow I strained/pinched a nerve in my neck while headbanging at a gig of some underground Hungarian HC/metal bands, before even my fave band there came on. Nevertheless I headbanged away through the whole live with a sore neck, but oh boy...the next week was hellishly painful, lol.

Also, I hated how sometimes I couldn't hear the music at the Versailles live here, because of the fangirl shrieks.

you deserved it

It was either them with Cobra Starship or seeing Snoop Dog. :alien:

racist

Cobra's singer is latino. Travy McCoy or whatever his name is performed as well, who is also black. Santa the interpreter is white, and the girl they pulled up onto the stage to sing one of their verses was Asian. It was the fucking UN in there, kthnx.

Sign in to follow this