Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Bad Concert Experiences

Cobra Starship isn't bad though. Not sure about 3Oh!3

But i found that Pop concert tend to be more brutal that Metal concert. It's so weird.

Especially for boy groups concert, any K-Pop boybands, Bieber, A1, BSB, etc.

The level of survival is low, especially if you're not a fit condition,

it's like going to Vietnam war srsly. K-Pop fangirls are beasts!!! :lol:

I went to tons of metal gigs in my life but none of them had fans as rude (and sometimes even dirty) as jrock fans in EU :roll:

Sounds about right. Bitches be crazy.

I was at a Circa Survive gig, where some girl about two people in front of me puked, only to have her vomit spread across the floor. A couple of people slipped and fell, so they had to cut the band CS half way through one of their songs to have somebody come in and clean it.

Cobra's singer is latino. Travy McCoy or whatever his name is performed as well, who is also black. Santa the interpreter is white, and the girl they pulled up onto the stage to sing one of their verses was Asian. It was the fucking UN in there, kthnx.

Your getting overly defensive, racist [4] Don't think you can pull out the "there were lots of ethnic groups"-clause, we know you were sick to your stomach.

Currently I can only think of The Offspring's concert before Faith No More's concert at Sziget Festival. I stayed just because I wanted to be in the first when Faith No More starts playing but the gig was beyond my worstest expectations - the singer looked like a fat Eltohn John imitator, the band didn't communicate with the crowd nor jumped or did anything else, just stood at their place and played. And even their classic songs sounded boring, even though the crowd seemed to like it, because half nakaed and sweaty people continued to bump into me. I think at the end of the concert my T-Shirt seemed as if I would took a swim in it, because of the sweat of other people.

I was at a Circa Survive gig, where some girl about two people in front of me puked, only to have her vomit spread across the floor. A couple of people slipped and fell, so they had to cut the band CS half way through one of their songs to have somebody come in and clean it.
Cobra's singer is latino. Travy McCoy or whatever his name is performed as well, who is also black. Santa the interpreter is white, and the girl they pulled up onto the stage to sing one of their verses was Asian. It was the fucking UN in there, kthnx.

Your getting overly defensive, racist [4] Don't think you can pull out the "there were lots of ethnic groups"-clause, we know you were sick to your stomach.

At least there weren't....gay people, like at Versailles' concert. :shock: I judged you, boy with pig-tails and eyeliner.

Some local high school "screamo hardcore metal" band came to my school last year to promote a fundraiser because the singer was the boyfriend of one of my classmates. Hardly anyone showed up and it was in the middle of the gym floor so naturally the acoustics were "fantastic." Didn't matter though, because the music was complete utter crap with or without good sound and I was just overall embarrassed to be there. Also, my school is full of 78% upper class twerps who only listen to soft rock, rap, and pop, so only a total three people really knew how to get into it and it was just immensely awkward. I paid my donation, but left right after the first song.

Right as I was leaving I saw some losers try to form a mosh pit and looked very, very lulzy - one of those "you had to be there" things.

While seeing 3Oh!3 at my school last year

MUCC and D'espairsRay were planning on playing at my school(Taste of Chaos 2008) before they changed the venue :(

also

Dir en Grey

Aerosmith concert in Tokyo Dome, Japan was quite weird too.

The band did the show gorgeously. Steven Tyler is invincible!

And the venue was gigantic! There's a long runway front he main stage,

which both, Perry and Tyler used to get closer with the audience.

Tyler was having the best pants ever that time, had this pop art prints on the left part.

And he was seems just having new battery or something, he was did the signature push up stage act for 3 times at least, and at one time was jumping to one rope hung in the middle of the crowds, and just swinging there for few moments like a rock n roll Tarzan.

But the problem is, it's a rock show, and we have to take a seat!

Seriously, all venues were seated one.

And here i was tried standing for few moments, tried to do some boogie to the music,

and some officials came to me,

telling me that i must sit down. I'm all down for it, for no camera thing.

But sitting in a rock show? WTH, man. It's not very cool xD

Aerosmith concert in Tokyo Dome, Japan was quite weird too.

The band did the show gorgeously. Steven Tyler is invincible!

And the venue was gigantic! There's a long runway front he main stage,

which both, Perry and Tyler used to get closer with the audience.

Tyler was having the best pants ever that time, had this pop art prints on the left part.

And he was seems just having new battery or something, he was did the signature push up stage act for 3 times at least, and at one time was jumping to one rope hung in the middle of the crowds, and just swinging there for few moments like a rock n roll Tarzan.

But the problem is, it's a rock show, and we have to take a seat!

Seriously, all venues were seated one.

And here i was tried standing for few moments, tried to do some boogie to the music,

and some officials came to me,

telling me that i must sit down. I'm all down for it, for no camera thing.

But sitting in a rock show? WTH, man. It's not very cool xD

That sounds like it's only a problem in the really big venues. I do love the imagery of one lone person dancing in a crowd of hundreds of sitting fans.

While seeing 3Oh!3 at my school last year

MUCC and D'espairsRay were planning on playing at my school(Taste of Chaos 2008) before they changed the venue :(

also

Dir en Grey

Ugh, see, I would have been happier seeing that, but no, they pick "regular" music to attract people from the high schools to see it so they can get more money per ticket (it's like $10 for students, $20 for everyone else). This year they have O.A.R. ...I wonder if they let people in who aren't high. [/complain]

Not a bad concert experience, but a disappointing one: When I went to see Muse last year I was told by my cousin, who I gave the money to for the tickets, that we were going to be in the crowd down by the stage, but instead we we way up top in the corner. We could still see okay, but it was a little disappointing for me. Muse is great live btw.

In my short life, I attended only a concert; D'espairsRay's one last year in Milan. Now I am going to attend D's one in Lyon, and I hope I won't have a bad experience for my first concert abroad.

Anyway, Despa live was REALLY good. I had so much fun. but, waiting to enter in the livehouse a hour before and waiting for Despa in the livehouse for other two hours, I had a bad experience.

A girl I barely knew on the net I had a flame right now (but not in October), around 20s, FUCKIGN fat and stinky, was screaming like an idiot she has been in Japan and flirted with SuG's Takeru in a disco (WTF.)

And ok, I didn't listen to her, because I decided to listen to my ipod before concert started. Then a friend of hers (they were like 5 people all together) left because he wanted to go to Dark Circus, a dark event in Milan. So I took his place telling her if I could go where she was because I am short (I am 165, and people there were almost all other AT LEAST 175 cm) and went closer to the stage. THEN. WHAT HAPPENED?

She screamed "YOU FANGIRL. YOU STOLE HIS PLACE. GO AWAY. YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO ATTEND THE CONCERT. GO TO SEE TOKIO HOTEL OR WHATEVER"

I have no words. I was 15 at that time. Young people can't enjoy good music?!? Fuck you, seriously.

So I changed position and went near to ZERO's side. Luckily there a boy who was like 30 cm taller than me (LOL) let me see the stage staying behind me. But I heard them (that fat girl) still talking me bad about me. I HATE Italian fandom. You have to be older to be recognised as a good fan, which is ridicolous. Age doesn't matter.

And you know. This girl I had a discussion with, was at DEG's concert in KOKO (London) last year in August. She was one of the Italian freaks who stayed for A WEEK out of the venue and behaved fucking rudely during the concert. I feel so ashamed to be Italian when I saw these crazy freaks.

I haven't been to much but to name a few moments:

- Billy Talent gig @ Pinkpop some guy started to throw with Chinese food, luckily my dodging skills were good enough to not have my shirt covered in noodles

- During Hollywood Undead @ Pinkpop I got a cup of beer on my back. I smelled like it for the rest of the day.

- The moshpit at Billy Talent (Pinkpop) which wasn't nice as a girl length 165 cm.

- Katy Perry @ Pinkpop. All these fat dudes were in front of me, who happened to be tall as well. Happily they moved a bit during the concert and I got a clear view of the stage.

Versailles was horrible.

And not because of the band, they were pretty good.

But omg, those typical German fangirls and fanboys. Before I went to Versailles I also survived An Cafe and LM.C both twice there, so I knew what to expect. But I never thought there would be idiots who would seriously strangle people just to get a little bit closer to the stage!

^

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on that.

Personally I thought the German fans were a lot less horrible that the Dutch fans, who nearly kill eachother to get their hands on a guitarpick and who tend to push people half on the stage. I was pretty close to the stage during Versailles and I didn't have any bother of those 'fangirls/fanboys' you mention. No, I'd rather go to Germany than Holland, thank you very much.

Not bashing on your music taste here btw, but LM.C and An Cafe are completely different bands than Versailles, and hearing from other people who attented that concert I heard that it were mostly DUTCH fans being this aggressive and not the Germans, apart from a few cases ofcourse :lol: , so that had me nervous a little as well. The Versailles fans around me weren't bad at all.

At a concert of Dir en Grey in Utrecht I think(?) some weird chick went crazy. She was like 'I WANT TO BE AS CLOSE TO KYO'. She failed, hahahahaha! She ran into the audience, get pushed away by people, she tries again and failed again and after that I get kicked by that woman. xD

Other concert was the fool in a small venue in Utrecht. The singer jumps of the small stage and me and some other people were carry him on hands. After he was on the stage again and I was suddenly at the front. Some boy asked me if I wanted to go away, because his niece was standing over here. I said no, because the concert will be over soon. LOL. Well after that said he he tried to 'crush' me, by pushing. I got stuck. LOL. Well he said he did nothing. But I left the place, because I was alone to this concert and the fool was almost finished. Like I said before. Pfff....

And at black metal concerts I always have the problem the longhaired tall men wants to stand before me. I don't know why. After I cough subtle, they look behind, see mee and ignore the fact they stand before me and I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING. xD So I move. :P

Also a friend of mine is very notorious (?) by the fact that she was screaming during the whole Calmando Qual concert in Utrecht. Gladly I have my earplugs ;) For others this was a bad concert experience :P

And at black metal concerts I always have the problem the longhaired tall men wants to stand before me. I don't know why. After I cough subtle, they look behind, see mee and ignore the fact they stand before me and I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING. xD So I move. :P

That was probably Herpes.

I've been to a lot of different concerts, but I've only ever had one bad experience. I went to AnimeNEXT to see RENTRER EN SOI. I bought a copy of I hate myself and want to... to get the pass to get an autograph. I didn't have time to take it back to the hotel room, so I just brought it with me to the concert, and someone stole it during the show.

I wasn't too upset, since I already owned it. But they were only supposed to sign the CDs and nothing else. So I talked to the group doing it and they contacted the band's management and approved me getting something else signed. So, it worked out in the end and all I lost was a CD I already had.

I can't recall too many bad experiences, considering any harm done to me at 98% is my own fault for being in or near a circle pit so I deserved it.

The AFI show in Cleveland many years ago was just a bad experience altogether. I now believe they have the worst fans ever, aside from one girl I met. She and I had gotten into a fight with a couple grown ass men that were hardcore dancing, intentionally trying to hit us with their stupid spin kicks and whatever the hell else they do.

Another time would probably be seeing Danzig. Again with the hardcore dancers. A friend and I were making fun of their "picking up change" dance. They don't like when you make fun of them.

And lastly, recently at the Adicts show I was almost raped. Like literally almost raped by some random kid. He kept touching me and I blew it off, because physical contact tends to happen a lot at punk shows. Then he grabbed me to dance to Tango, so I thought "hey why not?" And before I know what's happening I'm being pulled away by him. I was trying to pull away from him, and then my Yami rescued me. Something else really sucked that night too, but I don't remember.

Sign in to follow this