Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

LOST ASH new album will be conditionally released

LOST ASH new album will be released if there are >12,000 persons signing for such release within the period from 2011/02/03 (at their lives) / 2010/02/13 (at indies CD stores below and at Harajuku road-side) up to 2011/05/15

CD stores:

Like an Edison Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka stores

ZEAL LINK Shibuya, Shinjuku, Osaka stores

Brand-X

Jishuban club

the results will be announced at their one-man live "DEAD or ALIVE" at Shibuya WOMB at 2011/05/21

http://lostash.com/

Huh? Is this "conditional" stuff a new trend in vk? Weird thing.

And 12,000 seems fairly high at that. I doubt that there that many people that have even heard from this band before.

I guess they don't want to go broke in recording an album? [that is if it's not already recorded...]

their name honestly confuses me with so many others that I feel sorry for them :/.

12k is roughly more than all VKfags population in South Americas, but the fact they have written shit for a whole LP means they will release it as 20 singles and re-issues of singles anyway.

Ohahahawhahaa

Twelve thousand? Are you sure it's not 1200 or something? 12 000 copies sold would get them a nice Oricon place (considering the number one album this week on the major list has sold about 16 k copies so far), and this band is nowhere near those numbers.

12,000? I don't see it happening. Never heard of them before the cover compilation. As if in 10 days people would say , "sure, I'll buy this" , and travel all around the country saying they want to buy it :/

That number is actually waaaaay too high, especially if you check out other more popular bands in the sales chart. Even they often don't hit 12,000

I guess they don't want to go broke in recording an album? [that is if it's not already recorded...]

It wouldn't make much sense to record an album that you might not release at all? Then you already spent time and money on recording it and selling it to a small crowd would still bring more money than not selling it at all. I mean, what if they get 10,000 to sign up (which would already be much)... not selling an already existing album to them because 2000 are missing doesn't make sense to me. =/

Unless maybe it's recorded but not printed yet. But then they could just make it pre-order-only, ie. they roughly print according to the number of orders to make sure they don't end up sitting on a lot of unsold record.

These guys are trying to move way to fast for a band of their stature. They've barely released like what three singles, a demo, and a cover song? I don't think they even have close to 12,000 fans worldwide; shit, they only have 800 listeners over at Last.fm, and I'll bet half of those are because people bothered to scrobble their song on the CRUSH! cover album.

It wouldn't make much sense to record an album that you might not release at all? Then you already spent time and money on recording it and selling it to a small crowd would still bring more money than not selling it at all. I mean, what if they get 10,000 to sign up (which would already be much)... not selling an already existing album to them because 2000 are missing doesn't make sense to me. =/

Unless maybe it's recorded but not printed yet. But then they could just make it pre-order-only, ie. they roughly print according to the number of orders to make sure they don't end up sitting on a lot of unsold record.

Frankly, who knows what they're thinking. Perhaps it's a 'let's see if people care or we'll quit'! I mean wasn't there another band that did something similar but worded differently?

I kind of forgot what my line of reasoning was besides bands leaving off of songs from albums [that we'll never know the existence of, obviously]. :/ And the whole money thing would be quality of production, advertisement or maybe... they'll get signed to a bigger label if they meet the quota? Then again, I don't really care.

for a band who's only holding their 2nd oneman and don't have a deal with label already, they're pretty much going nowhere.

they should have expanded this condition to both album release, disbanding and members killing themselves, so this aids doesn't spread anymore

(inb4 gazette refusing to release a new album before 200,000 copies of their best-of get sold)

trololol,

I believe that thing Champ was referring to before was that band that would disband if there were less than blablabla people at their live, or something like that

Sign in to follow this