Champ213

Any old school bands?

I'm trying to delve into more music than just the few bands I'm already familiar with, anyone waana help me out?

I'm a big fan of

Seikima-II

Janne Da Arc

Acid Black Cherry

Nightwish

Within Temptation

Cascade

Kishidan.

I haven't listened to as much of these as I want to, but I'm really liking what I've heard so far.

Guniw Tools

Vidoll

There's probably a few more I'm forgetting. I've heard a lot of music that I do like, but I can never remember who sang what.

If you're into Within Temptation and Nightwish, you might want to try Versailles, and especially their album JUBILEE. It kind of gives off that symphonic vibe that you might be looking for. At least, that's what I think, because I both like those artists as well. If you like Vidoll, I'm pretty sure you'll like vistlip's THEATER album. Also, last but not least (since I see you're also into some older bands) give LUNA SEA's MOTHER album a try. It's as VK as you can get.

If you're into Within Temptation and Nightwish, you might want to try Versailles, and especially their album JUBILEE. It kind of gives off that symphonic vibe that you might be looking for. At least, that's what I think, because I both like those artists as well. If you like Vidoll, I'm pretty sure you'll like vistlip's THEATER album. Also, last but not least (since I see you're also into some older bands) give LUNA SEA's MOTHER album a try. It's as VK as you can get.

Thanks a bunch. I'll have to see if I can find those albums somewhere. I started listening to one of LUNA SEA's other albums, and I'm really liking it so far :mrgreen:

Do you know artists, who are playing music similar to moi dix mois? Don't have to be from Japan. You know - fast guitars, harpsichord, organ and epic songs, of course. I would be grateful if you know some.

PS I know I can use google. So I did, but it gives me nothing or stuff like Kanon Wakeshima. As far as I know Kanon does not play guitar. :(

Do you know artists, who are playing music similar to moi dix mois? Don't have to be from Japan. You know - fast guitars, harpsichord, organ and epic songs, of course. I would be grateful if you know some.

PS I know I can use google. So I did, but it gives me nothing or stuff like Kanon Wakeshima. As far as I know Kanon does not play guitar. :(

LD3baPUqa2E

Something like this?

It's not exactly, what I meant, but I found something similar - Ahnenerbe. All I want is a band, not music from anime.

ahnenerbe is an arrange circle of setsuna (Kokuyasou, Vermillion-D Alice Syndrome) that covers Dies Irae~Acta Est Fabula~ music. They're more "anime" than ICDD, which is just straight up black / symphonic metal.

but at least you found something you like.

Guys do you know any Japanese band / artist / singer with identical music as this one?

0LsIYx8Qrag

I dont even know what to call this genre, it's a music who often used in imperial / war movies or stuffs.

I guess something as digitalis would be something like it...

xDcEC4pS4fA

little bit more on the poppier side though

singer of this band also compose the music of, I believe, a atelier-game

I guess something as digitalis would be something like it...

xDcEC4pS4fA

little bit more on the poppier side though

singer of this band also compose the music of, I believe, a atelier-game

Thanks Aion, but that's not quite what I am looking for, it's too poppish and cheerful, the music I am looking for is a bit darker.

Maybe you can listen to this one to understand more:

http://mp3.zing.vn/bai-hat/Manors-E-Gen ... ECIUZ.html

other thing that may come close to this, but also do not really think it really is alike, would be Ougon no Te. Little bit more upbeat, little bit more alternative and obscure compared to it, but digitalis and Ougon no Te were the first two bands that come to mind...

Igh2NYihaA0

other thing that may come close to this, but also do not really think it really is alike, would be Ougon no Te. Little bit more upbeat, little bit more alternative and obscure compared to it, but digitalis and Ougon no Te were the first two bands that come to mind...

Igh2NYihaA0

lol.. >.<

This is still not the one I am looking for. But thanks Aion, the 2 bands you showed me aint half bad. :3

I haven't been able to get into many new good visual bands, I've basically been stuck on stuff from the 90s and a few recent ones. Wondering if you guys could help find anything similar to these:

Cali=Gari

Guniw tools

A(ace)

NoGoD

Suzaku

I know there all very different but they all have a theme and have stayed pretty consistent with it, I've heard Se7en as well but anything like that would be cool :P. thanks in advance

I haven't been able to get into many new good visual bands, I've basically been stuck on stuff from the 90s and a few recent ones. Wondering if you guys could help find anything similar to these:

Cali=Gari

Guniw tools

A(ace)

NoGoD

Suzaku

I know there all very different but they all have a theme and have stayed pretty consistent

with it, I've heard Se7en as well but anything like that would be cool :P. thanks in advance

I'd recommend LIPHLICH. Other than that, I've got nothing because the scene has seriously been lacking in cool new upstart bands.

Guest Magatsu

What new bands are similar to

Janne Da Arc + solo projects

Sincrea + all other bands of the vocalist

Calmando Qual

Rice.

Kinda mix that up. which new band sounds similar?

with at least a vocalist who really can sing like Yasu or Yuki. or maybe like Hibiki.

It should be a pretty new band 2010~2012.

Can be indie rock, metal.. all kind of music tastes.

I really need something new (>_<)

Guest Magatsu

really not my taste but yes his voice can really sound a little bit like Yuki.

A song that sounds like this...??

Akira Yamaoka - Tender Sugar

I recommend REDЯUM or maybe Suilen (both kinda similar atmosphere to the song you linked).

LKazo5bhHzI

Hrd3WirLGvQ

A song that sounds like this...??

Akira Yamaoka - Tender Sugar

I recommend REDЯUM or maybe Suilen (both kinda similar atmosphere to the song you linked).

Thank you!

I'm gonna check them up

This is likely weird and ridiculous, but pretty much all the ~indie~ VK bands I like have broken up, which means I'm somehow behind....something so I just want some recs for newish, hopefully good (for VK hurhur) bands to check out. Preferably with more than a couple singles out or whatever. It's alright if they've been around a few years, that's about the time I haven't bothered to look up anything new.

So, uh, hit me! :D

^ I recommend Miss Jelly Fish (uploaded all their releases here and here), for example. Underrated/unknown but totally awesome. :) Not that many releases though...

Or dunno what kind of VK you're into but I really enjoy these (newish) bands: EAT YOU ALIVE, FEST VAINQUEUR, MEJIBRAY, MUNIMUNI, Ru:natic, Vior gloire.