Sign in to follow this  
SUBLIMINAL

D'espairsRay Best Of + DVD

On the 30th of March 2011, D'espairsRay will release a live DVD entitled Human-clad Monsters FINAL featuring footage from their tour final @ Yokohoma BLITZ on December 30th 2010. The setlist has not been published yet. It will cost 4,800 yen.

Alongside a second BEST OF, title undecided, on the same date.

TRACKLIST:

01. モノクロになった最期の日

02. 「タトエバ」キミ...ガ...シンダ...ラ

03. 不埒な吐息と甘い嘘

04. Marry of the blood 

05. 朧ノ月     

06. Subliminal  

07. quarter void  

08. MAZE      

09. PIG      

10. DESERT   

11. SCREEN    

12. Bullet    

13. 闇に降る奇跡 -Classical White Ver.-

14. GOING ON!!

15. ARK IN THE STORM

16. WEDICINE     

17. CROSSED ARROWS

+DVD

1. Garnet

2. BORN

3. Reddish-DIVA version-

4. Squall

5. TRICKSTeR

6. KAMIKAZE

7. HORIZON

8. REDEEMER

9. FINAL CALL

10. LOVE IS DEAD

11. DEATH POINT

Limited edition will cost 4,500 yen and the regular edition (on sale after the limited edition has sold out) will cost 3,000 yen.

Looks like I'll be short of money I sorely need in March. :|

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

That's basically a b-side collection, right? Minus the coupling songs from BRILLIANT and KAMIKAZE.

Anyway, first half of the tracklist is flawless, it's nice to see モノクロになった最期の日 included.

Limited edition will cost 4,500 yen and the regular edition (on sale after the limited edition has sold out) will cost 3,000 yen.

Looks like I'll be short of money I sorely need in March. :|

/tolazytoeditpost

You can say that again. Just wait till the LE is sold out. What kind of measure is that anyway? Do they think the LE won't sell on its own?

sai said:
Didn't they already release a Best Of in 2008 due to their 10-year anniversary?

The end of 2009. But this one has a much better tracklist, in my opinion, the PV collection is a nice addition. I imagine there'll probably be posters or goodies with it.

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

I thought the Limited thing was funny as well. I'm guessing because the Monsters Limited Editions didn't sell out all that quickly? (There are still tons out on the market). :/

And I agree this track list is much better than Immortal. I've been hoping for something like this for a couple years now. xD

I think that Regular Editions are sold out faster then the limited ones. Mostly because the regular editions are cheaper. The only difference between them is usually a DVD with a PV, and lots of people don't feel like spending 1,500 yen more just for that DVD when a HQ rip will most probably appear on the net anyway. D usually adds something to their regular editions, an extra track or something, like with VAMPIRE SAGA.

^

Could you explain why? As far as I know they are just on hiatus due to Hizumi's throat issues. Same is with Vidoll. Jui's throat problems didn't withhold them from releasing a best of.

sai said:
I think that Regular Editions are sold out faster then the limited ones. Mostly because the regular editions are cheaper. The only difference between them is usually a DVD with a PV, and lots of people don't feel like spending 1,500 yen more just for that DVD when a HQ rip will most probably appear on the net anyway. D usually adds something to their regular editions, an extra track or something, like with VAMPIRE SAGA.

Since they're not being sold at the same time, though, even fans who aren't collectors only have one option. To buy the limited edition or wait until it sells out so they can get the regular edition, who knows how long that will take!

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

Looks like on their second best of, they did it right. Great tracklist and I'm looking forward to it. Might even purchase it if I have the cash.

And sad to say, I have the same gut feeling as nekkichi, although I'm going to ignore it.

Mmn. I can't shake this niggling doubt myself. I was expecting a DVD, but the best of made me anxious, like it was some way of saying goodbye.

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

^ Yes, but I don't think that means they can't re-release old material.

I'm holding onto a smidgen of hope that this doesn't signal a disbandment, but I'm hoping even more that they make the best choices for themselves. They have to do what they have to do.

^ Yes, but I don't think that means they can't re-release old material.

I'm holding onto a smidgen of hope that this doesn't signal a disbandment, but I'm hoping even more that they make the best choices for themselves.

Yeah, but they are still touring and all. Not because of the release, mostly because of the live DVD

I believe they planned on completing the tour and then taking a break, if I'm not mistaken. The singer has a temporary treatment so that he can continue until he has a chance to find better help.

I believe they planned on completing the tour and then taking a break, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, you are absolutely right, just found that info out. :P

I don't think it signals disband, this best of, but... i just hope tehy don't since DELUHI and 1201, 2 bands I also love, are on hiatus too.

Is the DVD a complete PV collection? I'm glad I didn't start buying all their singles for the PV DVDs if it is :D I'll definitely be getting this. It's much better than Immortal, although it's missing murder freaks and facism still >.>

Sign in to follow this