Sign in to follow this  
SUBLIMINAL

D'espairsRay Best Of + DVD

r their dvds usualy region locked?

-_- i already have 2 dvds that i cant watch on my awesome home theater cuz theyre region 2

Any conformation on whether the tracks on the best of re-recorded or re-mastered?

I think we can exclude re-recordings since Hizumi doesn't work with the band right now - not sure about the remastering though, some tracks on IMMORTAL (for example Closer To Ideal) were slightly changed.

Crossed arrows... maybe. :) LOVE IS DEAD (regular edition) and MONSTERS (both versions) have the same logo:

loveisdead.jpg

monstersm.jpg

what symbol is that on the dvd cover? (the one with transparent red colour)

arrows?

There is a lot of historical and religious symbolism in MONSTERS-era releases. .... In all of D'espairsRay's releases, actually.

For example the instrument fans joked about being a vuvuzela was, if I remember correctly, a horn used to signal death, which Hizumi used to lead his "parade." The masks they wore in the LOVE IS DEAD video/photoshoot were based on masks worn by doctors during the Bubonic Plague (Black Death) to spare them from infection. The crossed arrow is a mixture of (or their own interpretation of) Latin/Christian symbols that mean death or that the person marked with it had died in battle, which makes sense since the song CROSSED ARROWS relates to war and death for love. I think the symbol has sort of been modified to form a "D" and "R."

All in all death seems to be a theme throughout. :oshi:

wow, i never know that they're thinking about the concept throughly like that before!

Looking at it, it does looks resemblance with symbol on MONSTERS and the singles in that era.

I am glad that i ask. Neat concept.

arrows?

There is a lot of historical and religious symbolism in MONSTERS-era releases. .... In all of D'espairsRay's releases, actually.

For example the instrument fans joked about being a vuvuzela was, if I remember correctly, a horn used to signal death, which Hizumi used to lead his "parade." The masks they wore in the LOVE IS DEAD video/photoshoot were based on masks worn by doctors during the Bubonic Plague (Black Death) to spare them from infection. The crossed arrow is a mixture of (or their own interpretation of) Latin/Christian symbols that mean death or that the person marked with it had died in battle, which makes sense since the song CROSSED ARROWS relates to war and death for love. I think the symbol has sort of been modified to form a "D" and "R."

Damn, and here I thought D'espa were losing their touch.

arrows?

Awesome concept.

Damn, and here I thought D'espa were losing their touch.

It should be very easy to unlock any DVD player.

Look up a lock code for the make/model of your DVD player.

Sign in to follow this