Sign in to follow this  
sai

Worst albums of 2010

The opposite of the best albums thread. Post the albums you were most disappointed in, overly excited for or the ones that you weren't excited for but still sucked anyway. Worst albums of this year (from what I've listened to myself):

ayabie - irodori

Seriously, the only track I liked on that album was GAME, and I wouldn't even rate that one higher than a 7.5/10. Am I glad they disbanded and that the new AYABIE album was freaking awesome (in my opinion)

Zoro - Kiga

Don't make me even START on this one. I had a soft spot for this band, but ever since they started doing that crappy auto-tune in their GOLD CARD single they pretty much started to suck. GOLD CARD and HOUSE OF MADPEAK itself weren't that bad, but those were the only songs I liked on that album. The two singles, the rest was incredibly boring or utter crap.

MUCC - Karma

I guess this one pretty much explains everything for itself.

SuG - TOKYO MUZiCAL HOTEL

Why did I even bother buying this one? Oh yeah, because I still liked SuG back then. Just horrible apart from P!nk masquerade (the only song composed by Chiyu)

Add your worst!

I didn't have much hope for MUCC's Karma, and didn't like it either (apart from like 2 songs). I'll go to their concert of course, maybe the live experience will enhance the songs, it wouldn't be a first.

Other than that I can't really think of other releases...

I second MUCC's Karma. It was worse than I thought it was going to be; it is really depressing. I'm pretty sure there were other horrible ones I haven't heard yet from Japan. . .

For America, I guess Lil Wayne's I Am Not a Human Being. xD

I thought Alter Bridge's 'AB III' was terrible. There are like 4 or 5 good INTRO's to songs on that album and then all those songs turn into an endless black hole of nothingness. And all of the other songs started in there and never got out. Possibly the most boring rock album I ever heard.

I gave the Linkin Park album 'A Thousand Suns' a go because I heard they went for something very different this time. Never really liked them but I figured they couldn't get worse anyway... I was wrong. So wrong.

The new -OZ- album was just bad. They put a little tiny bit of variation into their songs which is a plus but apart from that the music didn't get any better. It was just mediocre to below average.

And of course MUCC's. That was the greatest disappointment of the year because I really enjoyed their previous two albums.

There weren't too much album releases this year, but here are the ones, which were the most disappointing for me. (=EP)

ムック ─ カルマ

From the singles I just knew, the album will be terrible, and it was !

ゾロ ─ KIGA

Autotune killed ゾロ!! :shock:

LM.C ─ Wonderful Wonderholic

I was waiting for this album, and don't get me wrong- it wasn't bad at all, I was just hoping for something better.

彩冷??る ─ 彩-irodori-

what the fuck guys?

SCREW ─ DUALITY

Now this album is a great example to show how an album SHOULD NOT sound- crappy and generic. It was extremely boring and painful to listen to it.

少女-ロリヰタ-23区 ─ 星帯次元区域ミ??ルヴァ

I was all like :D when I heard that they'll resume activities, and that Soshi is the new vocalist, but in the middle of listening to it, I ran to the bathroom burping till I got unconscious ..

D'espairsRay ─ MONSTERS

Not bad, but very disappointing. Just plain disappointing.

リルト ─ ??険 〜?????よ??絶対???????よ??〜

Let NightingeiL artistically express my state after listening to this :

%E9%88%8D%E3%81%84%E9%9F%B3.jpg

boogieman ─ boogieman

:urg:

DyIng messagE ─ 純愛傷説

How can ANYONE like this..? I mean.. It's just terrible!!

spiv states ─ NOVELTY HUNTER

OH MY GOD!!! HIDE IS STILL ALIVE!!!! ......... wait.. no, it's just another stupid band.

AYABIE ─ Virgin snow color-2nd season

FAKE AND

mpxgimgfkokc.jpg

雅-MIYAVI- ─ WHAT'S MY NAME?

The songs aren't that bad, but over all- it is disappointing as hell!!

SuG ─ TOKYO MUZiCAL HOTEL

Wait, where did that AYABIE description go ?

ALSDEAD ─ ALSDEAD

IF it can be called an album..

新興宗教楽団NoGoD ─ 欠片

JUST 1 GOOD SONG IN THE ENTIRE ALBUM!! .. jeezus!!

Overall, the majority of visual kei bands are becoming more an more generic, crappy and commercialized.. what a shame!

AYABIE ─ Virgin snow color-2nd season

FAKE AND

mpxgimgfkokc.jpg

You mean fake and hot?

Back on topic, both SADS' and the HIATUS' albums were dreadful and D'espairsRay's was mediocre. Can't think of any other right now.

I can see this thread ending well.

Mucc - Karma.

What the actual fuck was that, don't think I've heard anything that bad in a long long time.

Gags - Fame Monster.

Please fuck off already. It's almost 2011, we're worshipping Ke$us now.

Rhianna - Loud

Has no one told her she's irrelevant now Queen/Wig Snatcher Supreme Willow Smith is here?

there was nothing wrong with MUCC's Karma, you kids are just hating on it because it doesn't sound anything like Kuchiki no tou, etc.

you kids are just hating on it because it doesn't sound anything like Kuchiki no tou, etc.

So? I don't think that's such a horrible reason to consider something "the worst" - even if it did apply to everyone who stated they disliked the album.

herpes herpes herpes the fame monster was released in 2009 not this year. Do you think i'd ever miss putting it into my best album if it's 2010 releases? :lol:

and i agree, Karma was surprising on first listen.

But since i am into electronic, i came to enjoy this album eventually. They did it better than ahem girugamesh, too!

Anyway, my list coming soon.

I know I am going to get hate for this, but 9goats' Tanatos. I just didn't enjoy the album at all, nothing enjoyable on it at all.

Also, Fake?'s switching on X, which was easily the worst fake album ever and had really crappy production quality for what ever reason. huge disappointment.

you kids are just hating on it because it doesn't sound anything like Kuchiki no tou, etc.

LOL, I just don't like it because it sounds boring and lifeless to me, end of story (btw I never listened to Kuchiki no tou...and I like their newer, post-Houyoku stuff better than their old indies-music).

I've only checked out the albums that I thought were gonna be great, or good at least. So I don't really have a "worst album" list. But if I had to say, it'd be SuG's album, which I listened to out of curiosity. It's the definition of a crap album with even crappier fillers.

MUCC - Karma

SCREW ─ DUALITY

D'espairsRay ─ MONSTERS (Some songs are good but not best album)

Lol at not liking Mucc since they're not HxC anymore. Wish they had fully gone pop in 06, their singles in 2005/6 were brilliant - Horizont, Gerbera, etc.

herpes herpes herpes the fame monster was released in 2009 not this year. Do you think i'd ever miss putting it into my best album if it's 2010 releases? :lol:

Oops. Thought it was released at the start of the year.

Oops. Thought it was released at the start of the year.

that's cool though. Maybe because her singles for Fame Monster were still released during earlier this year.

2 that i can think of now,

BEP - The Beginning

The formula they did for 6 years since Elephunk just getting tired already.

With The E.N.D as the last straw for such exhausted sounds.

I really feel easily bored when listening The Beginning and worse, not one song even bearable at all.

I really missed when they were always experimenting,

and having big leap of music style from Bridging the gap to Elephunk,

and just don't give a F what critics said. Being successful makes them lazy.

It's so sad to see what they've become today..

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday

If there's any female artist that were so overexposed in 2010,

it's not Gaga nor Rihanna, it's Minaj.

from collabos with every single artists we know to a beef with Lil'Kim

And everyone were so hyped about Pink Friday. So was i.

And it doesn't meet many peoples expectation, including me.

Though still have nice tunes on couple of tracks or three.

By overall, this album blows. It makes me suspicious if she having a ghostwriter for this album.

Cos this album is not sounds like her at all.

will add more later,

have to look through my CD cabinets again and see which album i bought this year

and played just once and left it to Dust Nirvana after.

there was nothing wrong with MUCC's Karma, you kids are just hating on it because it doesn't sound anything like Kuchiki no tou, etc.

lol. possibly the only time I've agreed with you. ;p

Worst albums though, that's hard. I don't think there was anything I really hated from a band I usually like, so it's hard to recall.

Ayu - Love Songs was pretty crappy. Songs all sounded the same. It's usually a good two years between albums I like from her.

The STALIN tribute album was more or less awful.

Girugamesh - NOW was disappointing.

Anything from VAMPS, I think they released something.

The latest Kanon Wakeshima album.

The latest Kanon Wakeshima album

Seriously? For me, "少女仕掛????リブレット ~LOLITAWORK LIBRETTO~" was even better than her début. Such cute, sweet songs like "黒猫~" or "マーマレード~" and harder tracks like "??明????" with music written by Mana were very highlights. Not so boring like overvalued "still doll" and similar crap. Really, she's developing herself, I didn't listen to yet kanon×kanon and maybe that could be disappointing since I never was fan of AnCafe, but to call "Libretto" as one of the worst 2010 releases...

But I can agree with VAMPS, latest singles of girugamesh, partly about Miyavi.

From my own examples... I couldn't say there was something in j-music from this releases I've been looking forward to that seemed too disappointing. Latest The Candy Spooky Theater was too short, same case with Lily Project, but both albums were great anyway. D'espairsRay was average, but I didn't expect next "Coll:set", so their new material was generally rather enjoyable. Not so cool as I thought was also OZ's "Rouge". Best were there only tracks previously released as singles and "Bitter&Sweet". Rest was too monotone, really tiring. Big disappointment was "Destiny -The Lovers-" of Versailles. Nothing special, just like copying still same music ideas, but 10 months before they released very hot "JUBILEE", then there was big concert tour, replacing of bassist in the meantime, so I can forgive Kamijo one, such weak single. All in all it still wasn't the worst at all, as I already expressed at the beginning :-/

OK, that's all I can remember at this moment. If I feel I have something to add, I'll edit this post, or just write a new one.

Sign in to follow this