Sign in to follow this  
Guest o hai itz will

Black Swan

Film of the year. Easily. this film was absolutely phenomenal. Jesus christ...

0SPU0.jpg

Never seen it personally, didn't really seem exciting to me either, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. So I've got a DVD screener downloading right now.

omg, i actually had to watching it twice before i can observe the story.

Seriously, i believe most people will got confused when watching it for the first time, to differ which one her imaginations and which one is not. I did too xD

but the second time i watched it, it gets better.

Just an advice, don't watch this movie if your mind is full of things or in lazy mood for thinking hard. You're gonna get lost easily xD

I dunno...I feel like (well this is just me of course) that the story was straight forward enough to explain what was going on with Nina. They really showcased her spiral downwards, and explain it very well through imagery near the end -- so I didn't necessarily need to watch it multiple times; but then again I understood the basic premise: girl goes crazy from absorbing herself in ballet role so it helped me understand the film better.

@Spike: be prepared for an amazing film. Darren Aronofsky is a genius.

idk if this could be spoiler, but just to be safe:

when i watching it the 2nd time, i was just notice that Nina's imaginations involving some of the figures shifting into her own face.

good movie indeed. But kinda reminds me with one psycho anime. Similiar story about mental illness but only the character is a singer than a ballerina.

I don't mind though, and i can see Winona Ryder again after awhile. And Natalie Portman, can she ever fail, really? All is good.

btw the bizarre lesbian sex scenes is... Bizarre

that lesbian sex scene was SOOOO sexy.

I'm confused though: Was that her imagination? Or was it that guy Tom that she met at the bar who she just imagined to be the other girl?

@Spike: be prepared for an amazing film. Darren Aronofsky is a genius.

Quoted for the truth. I have seen prety much films during the year, but this is amongst the best films together with 'Enter The Void'.

Been wanting to watch this since the trailers came out! But I'm drained of money, thanks Christmas! So I'm downloading it right now... can't wait! :D

I'm confused though: Was that her imagination? Or was it that guy Tom that she met at the bar who she just imagined to be the other girl?

to my understanding, sex scenes between Nina and Lily,

and also Lily and Thomas was both just her delusions.

ahhh so lily and nina fucking was just a figment of her imagination. ahhh.

good movie indeed. But kinda reminds me with one psycho anime. Similiar story about mental illness but only the character is a singer than a ballerina.

I haven't watched the movie yet, but it reminded me of Perfect Blue too, just from reading about it. :lol:

Gonna try it sometime though!

I watched the movie. Stopped halfway through to pass out and picked up again. And I don't really get how you guys didn't catch on to all that in just one watch. @_@ I was freaking out when she saw herself in the other ballerinas and I picked up that the whole lesbian sex scene was a delusion the same time that Nina realized it. It was pretty easy to follow I think. It wasn't too innovative with the whole psychotic delusion thing. My favorite part was when she was dancing the black swan at the end and her arms turned to wings. I expect the DVD version to have an alternate ending. Oh man. Great movie.

oh, a little notes from my research proves aranofsky DOES watched Perfect blue even bought licence of it for putting some part of the anime into that beautifully filmed bath tub scene on Requiem for a Dream.

So is it coincidence with Black Swan? I don't think so.

downloaded and saw 70% of it last night. scared crap out of me >.<

i was screaming at every other scene that involved her hallucination >.<

Shit was fantastic. This movie made me do everything, laugh, cry, get scared ect ect.

I think this is one of Aronofsky's best films since The Fountain.

Freaking fantastic. The whole meaning behind the story (at least from what I got from it) is just so fucking raw it's amazing. By the end of the movie I had no idea what to feel anymore and I was just so emerged into it I couldn't blink a second. Easily the best movie from 2010 that I've seen too.

I've had this on my computer for a while, and guess today i'll watch it.

There hasn't been many mind blowers this year, so i hope this and True Grit will surpass the expectations. Surprisingly none of those is going to air in theaters here... What's up with that.

I saw it a few days ago with a friend. It was good, definitely one of the better movies out now. I'm not sure I went away with my mind blown per se but I was still really enjoyed it. I thought Portman's performance was really strong, though going in I wasn't expecting too much on that part since she isn't to my mind a particularly great actress but she did fantastic and I was sold on it.

I still have to wait until February to see it at a movie theater, but I'm really excited for this film. I've read a lot of good reviews on it and it sounds like it's right up my alley. Though now I'm feeling like I'm late to the party, since most people have already had the chance to watch it on a big screen.

I watched the film after reading all the compliments from here. Not as good as I expected. It's not too hard to understand the whole hallucination thing after the first watch. Though the ending with the hallucination of Nina's arm turned into a black wing is pretty stunning and beautiful to watch. For films that include hallucinations regarding self-harm and lesbian scenes I'd say Martyrs is better, but it's a pretty different movie than this one.

Sign in to follow this