Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

Sadie - Juggernaut

I don't know what to say about sadie anymore. They keep releasing stuff that kind of sounds the same, and nothing particulary stands out anymore. Sure it's not bad but just kind of boring and... generic? Juggernaut is no expection.

Juggernaut - Decent, the best part is definately the bridge to the chorus. The chorus itself is something we've heard a million times before. 6/10

True world - Also decent i guess? Nothing mindblowning... 7/10

What do you guys think of sadie's latest work?

to be honest, I find this the *best* of the campaign. [that is to say, both songs are tolerable.]

that's not to say, they were all that good to begin with.

please try harder.

The second song is called true word, not world.

I thought both songs were meh. Nothing exciting. The instrumentals were completely useless even, because nothing is going on. Because it wasn't crap I will still give the single a 5/10.

I really enjoyed the title track, which I would give a 8/10

true world was decent but didn't blow me away, so a 7/10

The single is extremely boring. The production is terrible, the arrangement is terrible, and the performance by each member is terrible. Somehow they keep finding ways to make songs around the single chord progression that they use every song, this shit needs to fucking stop.

i think the title song is repeating from The Bullet Storm, which is not my cup of tea.

I never like and care with old Sadie, except for meisai, the sounds sucks.

The B-side were alright though, nothing special but it's bearable.

yah just that, not very impressive. :box:

Least favorite single out of the 3 singles...

Juggernaut - eh. Didn't like the song so much. Just blah. 2/5

true word - I like the instrumental, but nothing impressive as stated by many. 3/5

Overall: 2.5/5. How'd they make something awesome like -toge- and then come up with basically a lesser -toge-. Just wasn't too good to me. I'm glad this campaign is over. Now hopefully they get back to the stuff they were making before this.

Can't see them going on hiatus anytime soon - their sales are growing with each single atm.

They might stop releasing same shit over and over if their next full album will have poor reception and won't sell quite well.

iNCASE NOBODY iS AWARE, Toge and Juggernaut were used in an ANiME?

so of course it had to be mainstream, and stuff like that.

compare them with those normal CRAPPY anime songs. I did. and Sadie's anime songs are a freakin' WHOLE LOT BETTER.

advanced merry xmas♥ ahahaa.. :)

^

Lol they released 4 singles after that album :lol:

"Dress" in April 2010

"Cry More" in September 2010

"toge" in November 2010

"Juggernaut" in December 2010

Now you know

^

Wasn't Cry More used in an anime as well? That one was much heavier than the other two.

Toge was used for an anime. I don't think Cry More was... Was it? Were all three used in anime? Maybe their label struck a deal with an animation studio. I see the whole anime music thing bands do as a way to make a little extra cash they wouldn't from just releasing a regular single so they can just be financially stable enough to continue releasing shit later on. You know, since there is no money in VK. I mean... Look at the 5000 members here that mostly just download shit. Yeah a lot of people buy and upload (bless their hearts) but way more download. Which means the bands have more fans than they are aware of from sales but they also aren't making as much money because of all the fans downloading stuff. Which means they have to find other ways to earn money so they can continue living off of doing what they love. Thus, doing songs for anime.

they wouldn't get richer by selling more album either.

If any, it's their labels that gets richer.

Since every record that they sell, the shares is very low between artists and labels.

And if their debut make hits, artists will want to talk over about their contracts again and renew some policy baout shares, or not possible at all hence they should move to another label.

Artists get richer mostly from tour shows and merchandising.

So if you feel like to support them financially, attend to their show and grab their merchs.

Albums/singles selling only helps to make them stay longer with a label, make them stay longer in the market because if their selling high then labels will take them more seriously since they are a hit maker.

As for big houses and big cars,

labels usually bought for their artists that sells well reaching the target or even selling more than planned. It's a bonus, an incentive, nothing more.

And i am not talking about a stray punk band that practicing DIY spirits and anti established and record their series of EPs on cheap Sony CD-R and selling it in very limited copies on their LIVE shows on some cheap clubs cos they just have limited budget for recording here. That's different kettle of fish.

^

Wasn't Cry More used in an anime as well? That one was much heavier than the other two.

Toge was used for an anime. I don't think Cry More was... Was it? Were all three used in anime? Maybe their label struck a deal with an animation studio. I see the whole anime music thing bands do as a way to make a little extra cash they wouldn't from just releasing a regular single so they can just be financially stable enough to continue releasing shit later on. You know, since there is no money in VK. I mean... Look at the 5000 members here that mostly just download shit. Yeah a lot of people buy and upload (bless their hearts) but way more download. Which means the bands have more fans than they are aware of from sales but they also aren't making as much money because of all the fans downloading stuff. Which means they have to find other ways to earn money so they can continue living off of doing what they love. Thus, doing songs for anime.

I was thinking the same exact thing about two days ago as well. Unlike some people here, I have no qualms with Sadie doing songs for an anime. I have a problem with them doing it badly. I think people forget that many, including myself, got into Japanese music because of the theme songs used for anime. There's also this stigma around anime songs and them never sounding good, which is so far away from the truth. HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR did Ichirin no Hana for BLEACH and that was a fantastic song. Even Dir en grey used CHILD PREY and -I'll- as theme songs for anime.

Of course there's bound to be a smartass saying "but they're not visual so they can make good music". The failure in that statement is so evident I don't need to explain it. There is no tie between anime and music and if the music is bad then that's the fault of the artist.

And right now, that blame lies on Sadie and they're doing no favors to remove that stigma either. All three title songs on these releases weren't good, but Juggernaut was my least favorite of the three. If they want to stay in the scene, while they're cashing in on the songs being used for anime they also might want to make sure these same songs are good.

^

nope. Cry more was a normal release. Toge was the 4th ending theme for Togainu no chi, and Juggernaut is to be used as ending theme for Mazinkaiser SKL.

Sign in to follow this