Sign in to follow this  
herpes

VK timewarp post!

Something they do on arama often but i haven't seen here before, a timewarp. Since that oshare post got me reminiscing, what was happening in the glorious world of visual kei (JAPANESE BANDS ONLY) 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years ago? if this does well i'll update it monthly? if it bombs then..... 

pls contribute important events that i'll miss accidentally and purposefully!!

:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:5 YEARS AGO! 11/2011:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:

• 9goats dropped draw and everything was right in the world
  •  
  • mucc dropped arcadia and they should've kept it
  • that bizarre brief fad of visual kei cover albums gave us album number 2 with a moran cover of malice mizer no one knew they wanted but needed
  •  
  • kuroyume's comeback album bombed

:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:10 YEARS AGO! 11/2006:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:

• Angelo dropped their debut single
  • AILE disbanded
  • megamasso's line-up was revealed
  • tomo (oh him!) left pashya (oh them!)
  • daishi from plc crept back onto the scene after a little meth incident
  • mucc peaked and released horizont

:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:15 YEARS AGO! 11/2001:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:

• not a great month???
  •  

:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:20 YEARS AGO! 11/1996:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:

• x japan dropped their most recent studio album to date, dahlia!
  • kuroyume! did! that!!!
  •  
  • l'arc~en~ciel! did! that! too!!
  • technically this came out at the end of oct 1996 however, guniw tool's debut single deserves to be with these iconic releases
  • fanatic crisis dropped the Marble album
  • 41TDMQYM8XL.jpg

:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:25 YEARS AGO! 11/1991:staru::staru::staru::staru::staru:

• Sleep My Dear formed when some silver~rose roadies got together and realised they can play better than them
  • justy-nasty dropped a single and it wasn't bad
  • buck-tick did the same with jupiter
  • ladies room didn't with "sex drive"
  • clutching at straws here tbh
  • visual kei was invented in 1993 by cali gari
Edited by herpes

This is a great thread XD

I can't believe Yoshiki has been putting off the new album for twenty f***ing years.
Because why do today what you can do tomorrow -.-

5 years ago lynch. put out MIRRORS which is one of their flagship songs now... idk that's all i got

10 years ago
Yumehito joined Ayabie and probably worked to tear the band apart ever since SMH
Ruvie halted activities

9 hours ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Tell me more

On May 31, 2005,  Daishi underwent a urinalysis that showed up positive for methamphetamine and was arrested by Kanagawa police, when the media knew this new all of the band band's merchandise was removed from shelves, his solo EP was removed from shelves too and his solo tour was cancelled.

On June 5 2015 , the band announced via their official website that they would be on hiatus due to Daishi's arrest, on September 12 2015 the first day of his trial he admitted to using and purchasing the drugs while he denied the accusations in the past and during the trial his lawyer stated that Daishi has expressed a desire to commit suicide.

On September 30 2015 he was was sentenced to one year and ten months probation with a suspended sentence of three years by a court in Yokohama.

15 YEARS AGO 11/2001  also gave us last Malice Mizer released single

as well as first deadman album Site Of Scaffold 

I can't believe it's fifteen years already, that DeG Jessica kind of broke my brain

Nice thread!

Geez, the 'scraps of Pierrot' bands have been around for a decade now!?!

Shame Earl Grey didn't really do much, that look in the thumbnail is A+

Didn't know Sleep My Dear would've been 25... they should've done something for the reunion!

Edited by The Reverend

If we want to include late October too, then 30 years ago, on 1986.10.21, Buck-Tick released their first single To-Search which later landed number 6 on the Japanese Indie Singles chart

12 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Geez, the 'scraps of Pierrot' bands have been around for a decade now!?!

...that shocked me too.... 

Edited by aetarna

I remember enjoying Jessica hardcore when it came out during November (yup, still saying it - my first VK song) and sorta cringing when I heard "Cocoon" by Pierrot a bit later on (I think it was a november single too) - meh.

Also, how can one dismiss these obvious new romantic Glay fanboys?

(1996/11)

also

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4104707

Penicillin! Lovely song too.

edit: herpes likes gokusai? The more I know today...

Edited by Alroy

18 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

edit: herpes likes gokusai? The more I know today...

i was gonna put sophia in too! there was so many really great releases that month. and horizont was my first new mucc song at that time, i was just coming off a folk music kick and the flute/melody really got me. 

That L'arc song is blocked in the US :( Found it live though. It's amazing that everyone, in the US at least, only knows them as the band that did the FMA opening and not when they were actually talented 

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

Sign in to follow this