suji

BOOM BOOM SATELLITES Vo.&Gt.川島道行(kawashima michiyuki) has passed away

It has been announced on BOOM BOOM SATELLITES' OHP that Vo.&Gt.川島道行(kawashima michiyuki) has passed away on Sunday, October 9 at 5:12 a.m. The singer had been suffering from partial paralysis as an aftereffect of his fourth brain tumor relapse since August 2015.

Ba.Masayuki Nakano has posted this message on the band's official Facebook (translated in English).

At 5:12am on October 9th, BOOM BOOM SATELLITES's vocalist Michiyuki Kawashima set off on the next stage of his journey. I imagine he is soaring around the world, finally freed from the restrictions of his body. His passing is not a tragedy, but the achievement of a lifetime goal and a happy ending. The love of our many fans supported Michiyuki Kawashima and BOOM BOOM SATELLITES on their journey, and we are truly happy and lucky because of you. On behalf of Michiyuki Kawashima, I would like to thank all our fans and colleagues again.

"Thank you for supporting us up until now. Live your lives with passion and energy and keep the music we made, the time we spent together, and the memories we shared close to you."

“One more thing, we are BOOM BOOM SATELLITES!!”

Family and close friends will hold the wake and funeral services. The band's staff is planning a farewell event for fans, with more details to be announced at a later date.

Source: Anime News Network

Edited by midi:nette

fuck. I knew this was coming sooner rather than later, as his health conditions deteriorated so fast they had to end activities again all of a sudden, but nothing can really prepare you, I guess. BBS was absolutely huge in my heart and it pains me to see him going away so young. A fucking fighter, he was. I really hope their legacy is cherished for years to come.

"Time and space enfolds you
When the light has found you"

What a legend. He will be missed.

Really sad all of a sudden... this hits pretty hard even though I knew it was coming, after they finally officially disbanded earlier this year and the long farewell message about the disbandment and the final release.... It was almost like Kawashima was saying goodbye to all of us fans then and there because he knew he didn't have long.

Damn.