Sign in to follow this  
VkBrutaliaN

V系 ROCKS!

Because there are many topics about the bad things of Vk i thought why not start a topic about everything WE love about Vk!?

I've been a Vk fan for over 8 years now and still my love for Vk grows every year even more and more continuously.

So to list just a few things I love about the current scene:

.) the visuals > I just love the way how all these bandguys dress up - even after all the years i still find myself looking at them and thinking like how can acutal human beings look that gorgeous!?! And yea i know photshop... but still if you see them live...

.) the music > like (almost) no matter what kind of genre you like you can find almost any genre played by some Vk band since they don't limit themselves to just one genre.

I love the fact that more and more heavy Vk bands appear - I love the way they implement all that "core" stuff into their music whether it be the riffage the breakdowns the vocals etc.

I love that within the Vk scene there are sooooo many unique sounding vocalists - I am orignially coming from the death/black metal / deathcore scene and i can't stand it anymore like every type of vocalists sounds the same and boring as hell because they all use the same techniques... in Vk most vocalists sound like they do their own thing and therefore there are much more unique voices to be heard.

Also I love the way Vk musicians compose their songs - like the way that a lot of songs implement heavy verses and then going into a kinda softer/more poppier refrain just to go all out again...

.) the fans > I know there are many bad things about Vk fans BUT you have to agree (especially the japanese fans) tell me one scene with a more dedicated fanbase!... like srsly there's no scene were fans are rocking more out on concerts then in Vk.

.) the marketing > In the end they all do it for the money but who cares they have to live as well.. - so what I mean is they make cheki for their fangirls which I think is a pretty cool thing, they do all these instore events (although thats only a good thing if you are in japan obviously...) or all the bonuses from different shops... 

so this are just a few positive things which just come to my mind so you see Vk has a lot of positive things to offer so what are the things you like the most about it?

Edited by VkBrutaliaN

Yeah

1 hour ago, Hakari said:

I for one love the low growls. Bring on the brutal metalz. I also love how unique all the bands look. Also vk bands write great ballads

Yeah I agree with Hakari, I love the heavier side of vk.

I love this topic! Because I agree, it's nice to see positive posts about visual kei ( ^ ^ )

I've been a fan of visual kei for a little over a decade, and I still enjoy the scene as much as when I got into it! It is pretty diverse musically, so I feel like everyone can find at least a couple of bands that they like. My music tastes tend to be all over the place haha depends on my mood lol But I love pop, rock, metal, etc. Visual kei knows how to make metal music ;)

Well, it's hugely affected my life since I got into it about seven years ago. It was my first proper exposure to foreign language music; I was absolutely fascinated by how the language sounded, which made me discover my affinity for languages, and now I'm doing a degree in Linguistics with a minor in Japanese :3 thanks, VK!

I love how dramatic it is. The old stuff is all brooding and dark, the newer stuff is all in-your-face. People complain that VK is all sounding the same nowadays, but there really is a band to suit any mood. The first time I listened to VK, it was Hizaki Grace Project (no idea how I found them first out of everyone I could have heard, but whatever.) Looked up some videos and fell in love with the whole style of it.

Plus I like that the bassist is usually actually doing his own thing and not just providing low-end to the guitar riff, unlike a lot of other genres >.> I do music production as a hobby and this drives me crazy when I listen a lot of metal.

also hot guys

also a plus which comes to my mind is the multiple versions of CDs.

sure in some cases it sucks that they force you to by multiple copies if you want absolutely "EVERYTHING" BUT for persons like me who 99% only buy the CD without the DVD its a good thing to save some money because mostly i don't care for owning pv dvds since i see it more like: well i watch it once and then never again...

and also pretty good for the Vk scene compared to most if not even all western bands they actually include PV's with their releases! like holy shit!

when i still only listened to western bands back in the day i always HATED it that the bands upload their MV like 1-2 months before the actual release and then even if you buy the limited edition of a CD in 99% of all cases its just a (at least for my taste) super boring making of from the recording...

so MORE LOVE FOR VK for actually including the PVs!!!

46 minutes ago, Ruri said:

Well, it's hugely affected my life since I got into it about seven years ago. It was my first proper exposure to foreign language music; I was absolutely fascinated by how the language sounded, which made me discover my affinity for languages, and now I'm doing a degree in Linguistics with a minor in Japanese :3 thanks, VK!

Me too! I'm majoring in Japanese (next year) and I also grew a love for foreign studies and cultures thanks to vkei! <3 

I think what I like the most about visual kei is how tight-knit the fandom is. I see that I am on the much younger side of the spectrum in terms of age, but I have met the most interesting and kind people through this music. Vkei made me realize I loved rock music and gave me something to look forward to and fangirl over.

And more the music...most of it is created by the musicians, even if originality may be at stake at times. I think it is a lot more genuine then say, kpop. And that really appeals to me. Sure these bandomen are poor and money hungry, and I love to support them, but you hear things you'll never hear in other genres in scenes (which is pretty no-duh, but hey, that's awesome to me).

Thank you for starting this thread! It was needed.

For 11-12 years I've been in love with VK – the music, the visual, all of the different concepts in each band ect. I've met a lot of friends thanks to this, and some of them are still my friends today which I am very thankful for. I've always find it hard though to explain why I love VK so much.. I think the japanese language is very beautiful, and I guess I find it very appealing to the type of music I love lol. 

What I also like is how different the bands can be, I mean if you're in a mood for pop you can find it in VK, as much as you can find metal. I think that's amazing. 

1 hour ago, gekiai said:

Me too! I'm majoring in Japanese (next year) and I also grew a love for foreign studies and cultures thanks to vkei! <3 

I think what I like the most about visual kei is how tight-knit the fandom is. I see that I am on the much younger side of the spectrum in terms of age, but I have met the most interesting and kind people through this music. Vkei made me realize I loved rock music and gave me something to look forward to and fangirl over.

And more the music...most of it is created by the musicians, even if originality may be at stake at times. I think it is a lot more genuine then say, kpop. And that really appeals to me. Sure these bandomen are poor and money hungry, and I love to support them, but you hear things you'll never hear in other genres in scenes (which is pretty no-duh, but hey, that's awesome to me).

日本語勉強に頑張れ!

We need more people on the younger side of the spectrum - all the people like me who got into visual kei in their tween weeaboo phases are in their 20s now ( TДT)

I remember back in the day when I first got into VK, there was only one version of a single/album.  Now, there's like multiple copies of a release and you don't have to wait for a year to 2 years for a PV collection video release if you want the music videos.  I'm a person that likes to watch music videos to stare at the pretties.

One thing I love about visual kei is how many friends I have made in real life due to it.  I wanna give a special shout out to X Japan, Dir en Grey, and Malice Mizer; if it wasn't for your pictures plastered all over my 8th grade locker, I wouldn't have met my boyfriend of 12 years. 

I also like how the fandom has mellowed out a lot in my 17 years of being into VK.  I can't tell if it's because we're all getting older or if the more "energetic"/"dramatic" fans hopped over to the K-pop fandom.  I haven't really met any younger/teen VK fans that makes me want to flip tables like I did 10 or even 5 years ago.

hawt crossdressers, angura kei, some grandpa-kei, some fanservice, more merch to fap to, asian guys..................................gawd bless vk ♥♥♥

seriously tho i love the androgyny of vk, it sets the jrock scene apart from other rock bands around the world

also, japanese rock >>>> western rock  (except black metal at least)

Edited by midi:nette

Sign in to follow this