Trombe

DIV will disband

Whoa, starting day with a devastatingly bad news :|

Just like my last comment about them, they kind of benched Satoshi and Chobi since they changed their direction. 

Sad to see them go. 

WHAAAAT?? I would have never expected this to happen! Well at least not this soon...they've been together only for 4 years and they were doing really great (even though their recent stuff didn't click with me as their older releases)! I'll surely miss them a lot :(:( 

3 hours ago, emmny said:

holy hell this is some wild stuff

danger crue losing some dolla$$$$ this year with them and giru now gone

I can hear the money slowly disappearing.

Member comments

I think the reality is that we've reached a point where, as artists, an irreparable breach has emerged in terms of what we want to achieve.

We did consider going forward with just the two of us [CHISA and Shogo], but ultimately I can't imagine DIV as a band that isn't the 4 of us. That's how we came to this decision.

The beginning and the end are always indissociable from each other - whenever something begins, it's simultaneously already counting down to its own demise. But this also means that something new will rise out of that which has ended.

I hope that each of the remaining lives can mark the beginning of something precious for someone. For that I will sing with everything I've got.

Thanks for accompanying us on our story--one that has lasted for 4 and a half years. My story is one that I wouldn't have been able to tell without everyone of you.

--CHISA

First, I apologize for shocking everyone with this abrupt announcement.
It's really regrettable that we're unable to continue as DIV beyond this point with just my resolve. Nevertheless we will do our best as DIV for the live and events that have been planned. The outdoor theater [at Hibiya on 10/10] is the last time I'll be able to meet all of you as DIV's Shogo.
While 4 and a half years is a short time, I can't express my gratitude enough to all of you fans who have taken time to listen to our music and come to meet us. Thank you, really.
I'm bad at dealing with miserable things, so I'll put in everything I've got from my last 4 and a half years into our live at the outdoor theater.
Let's have an exciting time until the end!

--Shogo

It has been more than 4 years since DIV formed, and a lot have happened: acquaintances, farewells, joy, sadness, shock.
I'm thankful for the memories of experiencing these together with fans, members, and our staff.
Everytime I hear the thoughts of fans who enjoy our music and lives, I'm delighted. I'd like to continue expressing my gratitude to all of you, but the last time I'll able to do that is at the outdoor theater on 10/10.
I might have saddened some of you by suddenly departing from DIV. But after October all 4 of us will be moving in different directions, and I hope you can witness us soldiering on and never stopping.
We only have a short time before the end. I'll be glad if you can continue enjoying DIV with all you have.

--Chobi

We've decided to disband.
That's the number of days I've spent as DIV's Satoshi.
These are days where I've created many fresh memories.
I've always said that I haven't achieved anything, but I realized that in reality I've managed to get hold of so many things.
I will keep on going after what I want, and continue moving ahead.
As long as you're willing to, I'm sure we'll be able to meet again.
Even if it's in a different form [to DIV], these thoughts shouldn't change.
Please say that you want to see me again.
In the path I will walk from now on, I'll be looking forward to the day I can meet you again.
You've managed to pick me out from among the messy heap of counterfeits.
I wonder how I'm being reflected in your eyes now.
If possible, I hope [my image] will remain fresh until the last moment.
 [*These few lines sound a little out of place, but they're actually from the lyrics of DIV's "I swear"]
I'm grateful to everyone I have met.
Thanks for everything up till now.
I'm glad I was able to meet you.

--Satoshi

Edited by hiroki

So sad to see them go and I didn't expect them to go any time soon but i guess the new musical direction wasn't for everyone but I'm not sure why they didn't come to a consensus before releasing the electro-pop stuff they did release. Anywho, Chisa come back to me in a new band ASAP<3

Today was DIV's last live, and my entire twitter was so flooded with 'DIV otsukaresama' tweets that it felt like almost every bandman who didn't have some other commitment was at Hibiya to see DIV off (T_T)

some pictures:

Cuacti4VMAAcCOS.jpg

CubJ-A3UsAANdPo.jpg

CuaXEdKUAAIg8Nk.jpg

CuayTtYUAAAZhXN.jpg

CuabJdSUsAAF4VX.jpg

CuasoJ4VIAAhcXr.jpg

Setlist on 2016/10/10:

01.ANSWER
02.LOVE IS DEAD
03.I HATE YOU
04.ゴールデンキネマ劇場
05.甘美な嘘と退屈な薄紅
06.BUTTERFLY DREAMER
07.漂流彼女
08.SEASONS
09.STORY
10.東京ネクロポリス博物館
11.TASTE OF LIFE
12.東京、熱帯夜につき
13.神様がもしいるなら
14.R×R
15.JUSTICE
16.SECRET NIGHT
17.イケナイKISS

EN1
01.you
02.夏の行方
03.Point of view
04.ZERO ONE

It's still hard to believe that they are gone.

THANK YOU DIV <3333333333333333333

Edited by hiroki

13 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

Did the mention anything about a Last Live DVD or some type of final release ?

Yes there's a last live DVD that they recorded yesterday! It will only be pressed on demand so you will have to preorder it ^^

Preorders will be open until 2016/10/31, 23:59 and it will be delivered at the end of December.

Preorder here: https://div.official.ec/items/4336080

It costs 16,200 yen, and comprises the following:

1. 2 DVDs containing full footage of DIV's 2016/10/10 last live

2. Making footage and off-shots of last live

3. Documentary footage of DIV's "Konya wa nettaiya" tour from 2016/04/14 at HEAVEN’S ROCK Utsunomiya to 2016/09/02 at Kumamoto B9

4. A premium booklet that contains every single one of DIV's looks over the years

Each set comes in a box with a unique serial number.

//EDIT: Updated previous post with verified setlist.

Edited by hiroki

Ah.. I wish I was there but at the same time I am happy I wasn't. Accepting that they have disbanded is something very hard for me to do. I'd like to remember that happy moment when I last saw them in Japan.