Ito

Misunderstood Album Art

Perhaps this might be a thread better suited to the Jrock fans that have been around for a while, but I figured this could be a bit fun...

Back when I was first getting in to Japanese music (i.e. downloading), high quality album art scans weren't the most plentiful things in the world. Often the cover art I would have would be 200px x 200px, if not smaller...or maybe even just a crop from a poorly taken digital photo. Thinks have come a long way from then, and now it's far less a problem. But I have had the fun experience of now getting to look at new covers in new light lol. I figured it would be fun to share the albums that we were confused by that we finally understood upon seeing a higher res scan (or heaven forbid having actually seen the cover in person).

I'll start it off.

Dir en Grey - Vulgar

VULGAR.jpg

I always thought that these were arms - which I don't think I'm wrong on. But I though they were more human and attached to shoulders. Now I feel like what I used to think was some sort of shoulder pad is actually the arm being cut off?

girugamesh - 13's reborn

13s-reborn-4dfe726ad24c1.jpg

Well then....I never noticed that baby in there...

Rentrer en Soi - Amongst Foolish Enemies

11708327_500_500.jpg

I was never able to make out what this cover was suppose to be of. At least now I can tell it's a person. Still a fucking awful  cover though

i always thought of vulgar as being disembodied alien stone/rock hands

the "shoulders" look like a broken statue to me, but who knows~