Sign in to follow this  
Tokage

''Lost'' treasures of the j-music world?

Not so long ago I started thinking about Deftones' unreleased album Eros, and I began wondering.. Have there been any J-rock/J-pop acts who have announced (and presumably also recorded demos, designed artwork etc.) albums/releases, but never actually ended up releasing them due to some reason or another? Or are there any releases that have simply just gotten ''lost'' (e.g.: original master tapes destroyed or w/e) forever? Is there some sort of ''VK Rarez Holy Grail'', so to speak of?

If I remember correctly, GUNIW TOOLS were supposed to release/make a "VV FICKLE BOON" video featuring all the songs from the album of the same title, but they never did cuz of disbandment (?).

There's also a full-length album by Lar~Mia (short-lived Key Party band) that was released 'n' all, but is insanely hard to find.

Canzel's album, Invit S.P. which was never finished due to the members being involved in a car accident. 

lix had a promo picture for a maxi-single "second trigger" but there was never any information about a track-list or further information. 

「xxx」is D£AD and Lougenel's unreleased albums

Lips (not the currently active one) announced a mini album for summer 2012, but soon after disbanded without any news about the mini.

some months ago i was able to buy a CD-R copy of it , so i assume they might have sold/give it away at their last live instead.

Lougenel released an album btw.

「xxx」is D£AD and Lougenel's unreleased albums

Wait what, did xxx is DEAD announce an album they didn't release? Wow, now I'm depressed. I'm sure the album would've been amazing.

Malice Mizer intended to release something (they even had promo shoots ready) before they suddenly called Kaisan on their career (must be either Klaha or Mana)

edit: this shoot/look btw

img_0005_2.jpg

^ A truly damn shame they never released that album :/ Their last singles were interesting (especially Beast of Blood, a classic) and that look was amazing. Now the chance that they will ever come back especially with Klaha on vocals is zero.

I guess in the case that its release will be cancelled, X's next album may count. If it gets released, then there is still the Violet UK album he promised to make since ages.

I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING about this anymore but Dir en grey was going to release a remix album in 2004 shortly after the release of Vulgar called 'Kaiku'. It was supposed to compile some of the remixes of their singles that were releases after Kai like Drain Away, etc.

Well, i'm not shure if it counts as vk, but i was really looking forward to the debut album of that yoshiki+sugizo+miyavi+gackt superband whose name i can't recall.

I remember The Killing Red Addiction were planning on releasing either an EP or an album (I can't remember which), but then Taiji kicked the bucket. 

Well, i'm not shure if it counts as vk, but i was really looking forward to the debut album of that yoshiki+sugizo+miyavi+gackt superband whose name i can't recall.

S.K.I.N.? Yeah, same, shame everyone involved in that just seems to be pretending that it never even happened lol

S.K.I.N.? Yeah, same, shame everyone involved in that just seems to be pretending that it never even happened lol

S.K.I.N., right! Anybody here went to their one-and-only live presentation in Long Beach??

That pretending part makes me laugh too xD

Sign in to follow this