Jigsaw9

MADAME EDWARDA new album "Rêve Désir" release

Legendary goth band MADAME EDWARDA will release their new album "Rêve Désir" on 2015/12/25.

Tracklist:

-ACT I- 
01. ECLIPSE ~火蜥蜴 ~ 
02. DEEP IN COLOUR 
03. MACBETH
04. SALOMÉ 
05. LA FOLIA 
06. BABEL 
07. FORBIDDEN DOOR ~迷宮の扉~ 
08. ORPHÉUS 
09. FROZEN VEIL
10. EDWARDA 
11. DEEP IN COLOUR II 

-ACT II- 
12. ÉDITIONS de MINUIT 
13. LA POUPÉE ~あなたが来るのを待てずに~
14. TOTENKOPF ~舌のまわらぬ蓄音機~ 
15. S.A.L.O.M.É. 
16. POISON MIRROR ~落下の鏡~ 
17. GNOSSIENNES DE LA NUIT/ETERNAL FEAST ~夜のグノシェンヌあるいは永遠の回廊~

wowwww :3

I'm glad it's finally coming out. They had announced about 5 or 6 years ago when they first returned that they were recording a new album but the years came and went with no new updates.

Time to go on a Madame Edwarda listening bender as I figure out how to order from the website.

^ I listened to that video of Lorelei yesterday and I genuinely wonder if it's not simply a recording they're playing. The sound is very clear for what appears to be a mediocre video-recording system and the similarities to the album version is too great.

^ It looks and sounds pretty much live to me, from the guitars through the drums all to the vocals. Just a very good-quality video recording imo.

They simply added soundboard quality audio to their subpar video. I hadn't seen these clips and Zin and the band sound really amazing still, like nothing has changed technically in the last 30 years.

And I applaud their choice of using SBD audio as too few Japanese bands make any attempt at sharing live concert video, let alone live video with good audio, on youtube. Unless of course they simply tease a clip to sell a DVD. Low quality audio will simply make the best looking video feel like garbage to a viewer. However the opposite can't be said as most people have come to expect / accept low quality video sources and can look past pixelated poorly encoded sources if there's audibly good sound.

And here's another live clip which is listenable once I did some simple normalizing and duplication of the left audio channel to give a balanced sound. I might have done some noise reduction too, don't remember:

Madame Edwarda 1984 - Tokyo Battle Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9EQDhJ7dXc

Madame Edwarda 1984 - Tokyo Battle Days - Audio rip 'Remastered':

https://mega.nz/#!9YJRSAzQ!d4EzTVCnEhjbbZ1T_eubSSV0SXZXlLgTgNTXexa1x88

Holy shit, that was really good.

You would've thought after almost 30 years of not releasing anything that they would've lost their edge and transformed into some parody of their former selves but this makes me really excited about the album.
Considering Zin's foray into more electronic music with his solo projects this new incarnation of Madame Edwarda could've went horribly wrong.

I'm going to use their website's store form to try and order it even though I'm outside of Japan. Let's see if they get back to me.

I didn't even think of looking through a normal store and assumed it was only available on the website. Last time I searched it wasn't on amazon.co.jp but now it is.
If the main website does work it out it'll come with some remix CD too. It'll also give me a chance to order some of Zin's solo work~