Lestat

Dubtrack.fm / plug.dj

wooow, that'll be 9am for me

i should stop waking up at 2pm LOL

hope i can catch a later session if there is one, haven't dubbed in a while :<

I think it's okay for us to start earlier, so people can join and leave and join again anytime after it starts. I myself only get online shortly after it's already started, but even when I leave to do something else, that session goes on and it's usually still playing songs when I get back to it later. Even though we might not get the same people at all times, starting early will make it available to more people and it'll also last longer. So yeah, I'm all for starting it earlier -- but I might not be able to join it as it starts!

Honestly though, I'm not sure I'll be able to join it next sunday since I have a colossal  mountain of homework to do and stuff to read...

Or I know this may be extensive. But why not designate all of Sunday to be dub  day. It starts when it becomes Sunday where ever starts the next day first and ends when the last time zone hits Monday D: then people can freely join and leave all day. I mean I know that takes a little away from a scheduled time but I feel like if it's open maybe it'll encourage people to check in and see what's going on as well. ???? Maaaaaaaybe? I could certainly work with something like that myself 

Edited by togz

6 hours ago, togz said:

Or I know this may be extensive. But why not designate all of Sunday to be dub  day. It starts when it becomes Sunday where ever starts the next day first and ends when the last time zone hits Monday D: then people can freely join and leave all day. I mean I know that takes a little away from a scheduled time but I feel like if it's open maybe it'll encourage people to check in and see what's going on as well. ???? Maaaaaaaybe? I could certainly work with something like that myself 

I like the sound of this. It kind of reminds me of how turntable.fm used to be - most rooms would be active all day, with people coming and going as they pleased, and the rooms wouldn't truly die down until late in the evening. I was really hoping that the same thing would happen for the MH room - where people could pop in whenever they want, but the dynamic has been completely different here. The MH room has always been open for use to anyone at anytime, but it seems most activity has revolved around set sessions. Furthermore, it seems like only a few people are comfortable calling sessions on their own. I'd certainly like to see this change and see dub grow to become more widely utilized by the community. Designating Sunday as an "open dub" day might be a step in the right direction. So I'm certainly down for that.

My only concern is that there might not be enough users around to sustain use throughout different times of the day, but holding a "dub day" might change that. We won't know until we try, so let's give it a shot!

I'm all for a designated day for dubtrack. I think a reason I don't show up as much anymore is because I never know what the turnout will be. A lot of times I show up late or the room isn't very active. Schedules seem kinda sporadic. I'd be much more likely to pop in if I knew dubtrack always happens on sundays. 

P.S. I really want to hangout with you guys again soon. 

Edited by lichtlune

6 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

I'm all for a designated day for dubtrack. I think a reason I don't show up as much anymore is because I never know what the turnout will be. A lot of times I show up late or the room isn't very active. Schedules seem kinda sporadic. I'd be much more likely to pop in if I knew dubtrack always happens on sundays. 

Well it's always been on Sunays, the main problem is that the scheduled time clashed with some users schedules. My own for example. I work every Sunday 2pm-10:30pm and I have to leave about 2 hours before I start, so I'm promised to miss the whole thing... everytime... forever... and always D:

BUT THIS ALL DAY DUB THING. I HOPE IT TURNS OUT BECAUSE I'D LOVE TO GET INVOLVED AGAIN.

35 minutes ago, togz said:

Well it's always been on Sunays, the main problem is that the scheduled time clashed with some users schedules. My own for example. I work every Sunday 2pm-10:30pm and I have to leave about 2 hours before I start, so I'm promised to miss the whole thing... everytime... forever... and always D:

BUT THIS ALL DAY DUB THING. I HOPE IT TURNS OUT BECAUSE I'D LOVE TO GET INVOLVED AGAIN.

Is the official schedule every Saturday and Sunday? I like the idea of having a designated day throughout the week for dubtrack. I have no idea if once a week would maximize turnout or what. Anyway I'll try and pop in Sunday to see what's up.

Edited by lichtlune

14 hours ago, togz said:

I like this. Of course some people's sundays start almost a day before ours, but it's nice to have an all-day session! It might have less people on other times at first, but we can slowly grow and gather more people in the future, I believe.

Thank you all for your input. We'll start up a Sunday session for the whole day then! I'll update the OP, and post a status about it too. We'll keep at it for a bit and see if that's any better for everyone. It may be slow at first, but it definitely sounds the most promising alteration. See you all then!

For anyone who misses the announcement: The usual Sunday session will now be held all day, 24 hours: an open, full session day!

The status has been activated, and an upcoming FB post will also be posted.

For those unfamiliar with dubtrack, please feel free to pop in at any time! There'll always be assistance and even in this very thread! Be sure to alert each other in here if things may be at a stand still for a bit, or even message one another to get the party roaring! I look forward to joining you guys!!

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/monochrome-heaven_145247137777434

Had wanted to post about the Sunday session last week, time flies! How had yesterday gone? I couldn't make it since I had family plans, but it was great to have seen others updating/posting statuses! Had people attended and enjoyed? How is everyone feeling sticking to this all day session? Looking forward to next time!

13 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I CAN'T CHATTTTTT HELLPP MEEEEE

that is super weird...have you tried logging out completely and logging back in? I have no idea what would cause that D:

13 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I CAN'T CHATTTTTT HELLPP MEEEEE

Can you see us? CAT5 removed you as a resident DJ, and reset you. Have you refreshed? Clicked off of your browser, and reopened it? 

Hey guys, I wanted to mention that we are gonna have our first ALL DAY theme this sunday. The theme will be:

WOMEN WHO ROCK

So please queue up videos with at least one female musician in the band. It can be anything from solos to all female bands, to anything in between, as long as there is one or more female musicians in the video! Feel free to post here if you have any questions. :)

YOU'RE KIDDING

NOOOOOOOOOOO

I CAN'T ACCEPT I MISSED IT ;____;

NOOOO!!!!

I couldn't show up last sunday ONLY. Please, please, please do repeat this theme sometime :<

It's possibly my most favorite theme ever. Gosh... this is sad, this is so sad, too sad.