Sign in to follow this  
HamuNoKoibito

Kagrra, will disband

The label PS COMPANY has announced that Kagrra, will cease activities. Instead of using the word 'disbanded,' the band members have expressed the wish to call it a 'demise' instead.

The band made this decision after multiple discussions and thank everyone that has supported and encouraged them during their ten-year career.

Kagrra, will say goodbye to their fans with a CD release and tour. The album Hyakkikenran will come out on February 2nd. Their last tour will start on February 13th and the final concert will take place on March 3rd at the C.C. Lemon Hall in Tokyo.

Credit: JaME

NO WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?

This is fucking shit! BUT. I am glad they disband BEFORE they release anything that is bellow AMAZING. They will forever be TEH best band. I hope they will continue making music.

The only jrock band ever to only release amazing albums, EPs and singles. It's a shame I never got to see them live though, but I'll survive. Hands down, TEH best!

I know plenty of others have already said this before, but....

WHAT THE FFFFFUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK?!

Really?! Wow, almost every day I come to the news section to see: "♪HappY BirthdaY♪ SQUAD!!~*~*~ has disbanded", but I never thought that one day I'd come and see an announcement for Kagrra,'s disbandment. I mean, really? Yet, I can respect their decision to disband, as sad as it is. I think these guys are mature enough to have an understandable reason for it.

Good luck to all of them; Kagrra, will most definitely be missed.

I wonder if that has anything to do with Isshi's vocal problems.

I had never heard about this, elaborate please.

I wonder if that has anything to do with Isshi's vocal problems.

I had never heard about this, elaborate please.

He lost his voice before a live, which had to cancelled, then he had to undergo medical treatment for a while and nobody could figure out what exactly was wrong with him. He was improving, though, from what I gather, so this announcement is shocking.

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT

This comes as a shock. Out of all bands Kagrra, was one of the few you would not expect at all to call it quits. All of their releases were great. I spend many hours listening to their beautiful melodies. Will look out towards their last album with mixed feelings. Really don't want them to quit...

This SUCKS :(

He lost his voice before a live, which had to cancelled, then he had to undergo medical treatment for a while and nobody could figure out what exactly was wrong with him. He was improving, though, from what I gather, so this announcement is shocking.

Oh I see, was this recent?

Oh I see, was this recent?

Yeah, it happened right before the last concert of their most recent tour held in September. I don't think the disbandment has anything to do with his voice, though. There've been hints for quite a while now (i.e. shutting down production of their FC show "Kagrra no Su"). Also fans kind of always expected them to disband sooner or later (myself included) due to lack of releases/long periods of time without anything new, their sales constantly getting worse, Isshi having voice issues during 2006-2007, etc. The announcement is shocking, yes, but completely expected.

Yeah, it happened right before the last concert of their most recent tour held in September. I don't think the disbandment has anything to do with his voice, though. There've been hints for quite a while now (i.e. shutting down production of their FC show "Kagrra no Su"). Also fans kind of always expected them to disband sooner or later (myself included) due to lack of releases/long periods of time without anything new, their sales constantly getting worse, Isshi having voice issues during 2006-2007, etc. The announcement is shocking, yes, but completely expected.

Oh okay thanks for clarifying this. Now that you've included all of that, I can see why you could say that it was expected.

I was informed of their sales falling quite sometime ago, which somewhat surprised me. I always thought Kagrra, had a pretty big fan-base?

out of everyone, i never thought they would disband early

really wtf indeed. Like, wow very shocking.

When i read the title of this topic, i was like,

fuck no, you're kidding! And when i read the TS,

i was like fucking shit, what's this bullshit?

Very sad to have this day coming finally.

Wow, i can't think and speechless D:

but maybe mono's right

better for them to split before they starting to become lame.

I believe it's hard for the band, too.

I just hope they will not giving up music

and hope the vocalist will recover soon and come back one day

good luck for them.

I wonder if PSC can be also a reason for the disbandment?

Probably they were like:

"Ewww you are old Japanese drags and make boring music, we need more gazetto copy and paste bands which will bring more profit to us, so gtfo Geishas!"

Early? How is this early? 12 years, 6 (+1) albums, 5 EPs, 23 singles, two demo tapes and several VHS/DVDs. If you ask me, that's not early. Not only that, they never released anything bellow amazing. Everything they've released has been pure quality. And it is better to disband with a discography that's nothing but amazing, then doing like every other jrock band (except for Merry) and taking a crap on your own band name. I respect that a lot!

I was hoping for another DVD release, though. It's three, soon to be four albums since the last DVD. It's time for one last one so that they can cover songs from the very begining and to the end. That would have been something! A really big, huge DVD that contains one huge concert, a few smaller ones and lots of good extra material. Oh yes!

Wow my friend is going shit brix when she hears this, Kagrra has been her fave since their inception.

Kinda pisses me off that a band this great has to disband due to low

record sales while other crappy bands are selling like mad. :evil:

Kinda pisses me off that a band this great has to disband due to low

record sales while other crappy bands are selling like mad. :evil:

I doubt that has anything to do with it. If that were the case, they'd just come back as an indie band called “Kagrra.?? or something.

I personally think it's just a case of being around for a long time and getting bored. They've seemed less enthusiastic to me for the last year or two.

Regardless, it's sad to see the people who created San disband ;(

Sign in to follow this