Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

V.A. cover album "CRUSH!-90′s V-Rock best hit cover songs-"

I agree, D did a very good job, but the people on YouTube seem to be thinking otherwise. Those are annoying, the kind of people who are like:

OMG THIS MALICE MIZER SONG IS LEGEND AND NO ONE SHOULD COVER IT AND EVERYONE WHO TRIES SUX BOOHOOO

If you don't 00' VK then don't go complaining about other bands attempting to cover them, they try their best. D did a great job kthanx

Those 12012 sales can't be true...that's just sad. Only over 2000 copies sold of SEVEN? If so, lolforever indeed.

It's the same for most VK bands. Except the ones who've turned J-pop recently, they're selling better than ever. I don't know if you guys ever follow Oricon charts, but it's like the idol groups at the top sell 100,000-500,000 during their first week and then below them the sales drop exponentially. #10 is like 10,000, #20 maybe 5,000 and #50 is lucky to have >1,600. It's a crazy industry. Not sure who's making money off it, except SID, Dir and the Gazette.

It's funny how a band like D'ERLANGER sells much better than bands like DELUHI and 12012 and yet outside of Japan they drool at the latter two and they forget about D'ERLANGER.

I agree, D did a very good job, but the people on YouTube seem to be thinking otherwise.

Comments on youtube are the most irrelevant comments you will ever read in your entire life!

"OMGGG ASAGI IS SOOOO CUTE ^__^;__ I LOVE D <33<3<3<333!1111shiftshift"

"jrock fucking sucks gay balls emo faggots"

Yeah, we know, we know...

Anyhow, back on-topic: I'm kind of worried about Matenrou Opera's attempt actually. I hope for the best and I'm sure instrumental wise it will sound good but his voice... won't fit. I think.

I'm kinda worried about Lolita23q...Many people think they are a really crappy band. Sure, they made some bad stuff but they really have potential. And now they are covering a song by LUNA SEA which I found to be rather crappy. Don't know about the rest of you but I think it would be unfair for them to be called crappy after covering a crappy song.

That website with the CD sales is highly surprising to me. I looked through a few UNDERCODE and supposedly "popular bands" and the sales were nothing like I thought they would be. For example, Megaromania's first album only sold around 400 copies but it's probably on just as many download blogs. Even lynch. never really sold more than 2,100 of anything. Malice Mizer's sales were phenomena when Gackt was with them, but then dropped to like 3k after that. Penicillin broke 198k with Ultimate Velocity but they rapidly dropped after that. I guess this shows the effect sharing music has on an industry.

@ the youtube discussion: Des pretty much summed up Youtube.

^ Also how VK pretty much died in 2001.

It's funny how a band like D'ERLANGER sells much better than bands like DELUHI and 12012 and yet outside of Japan they drool at the latter two and they forget about D'ERLANGER.

But that's because D'ERLANGER were groundbreaking at the time, in the late 80's. Saleswise now they're on equal no1curr terms with those bands.

Btw lol @ crappy drum solo. It sounded like he was just slamming some parts of his drums randomly. If they had put some other melody under it maybe it could've been a lot better. How it should've been:

6UaSZKLCGjc

Ap-I9B6MeQ8

C87blus4LYI

Lol that A9 one is one of the crappiest drumsolos I've ever seen. He just does a basic beat and then rises his hands for applause. And repeat. And repeat. Only the last part is decent because of the tempo but it ends in 10 seconds so it doesn't count.

The parts with the red and blue glowing drumsticks reminded me of Star Wars. But I agree, that was awful...

I'm kinda worried about Lolita23q...Many people think they are a really crappy band. Sure, they made some bad stuff but they really have potential. And now they are covering a song by LUNA SEA which I found to be rather crappy. Don't know about the rest of you but I think it would be unfair for them to be called crappy after covering a crappy song.

No, no, no... STORM is not a crappy song :o

Why do you think it's crappy? For the chorus maybe? I admit that could've been better (the 'in the stormyyy' part) but at least give some credit to the amazingly well fitting guitar solo in that song! It's rare to come across a solo in a song that fits so perfectly as this one in my opinion. Lolita23q better don't mess that up!

Haha, so apparently I am the only one totally missed that D's cover has already leaked? XD

I listened to it just now, I think it's very good but "of course" its easy to compare with the original..

It's the same for most VK bands. Except the ones who've turned J-pop recently, they're selling better than ever. I don't know if you guys ever follow Oricon charts, but it's like the idol groups at the top sell 100,000-500,000 during their first week and then below them the sales drop exponentially. #10 is like 10,000, #20 maybe 5,000 and #50 is lucky to have >1,600. It's a crazy industry. Not sure who's making money off it, except SID, Dir and the Gazette.

Kiyoharu seems to make ALL THE MONEY in the VK, and that's like super awesome.

I was surprised that Ayabie sales got a 10x increase since they became a boymeat band

and was really sad for rentrer en soi, whoose sales dropped since they joined firewall D:

at least they did some money from touring though.

RES never went to firewall, they were managed directly by free-will. They would have been major if they were on firewall since they're connected with Sony.

Though I am curious about their sales, and it saddens me every time I see the mention of them...

Eh, it isn't that surprising since firewall is DIRU's label... [and now MERRY].

But, how bad did the sales go? It's kind of hard to believe they got worse... when it seemed like they were getting more fans [then again, this is only a perception overseas wise]

But, how bad did the sales go? It's kind of hard to believe they got worse... when it seemed like they were getting more fans [then again, this is only a perception overseas wise]

looking from an overseas distorts everything though. I mean shit like this for example. I bet that thread has more comments than actual people who bought it or turn up to their gigs.

I don't really get the whole relationship between Firewall, Free-will and Sunkrad - like, 12012 has been associated with F-will for a few years, but their homepage refers to sun-krad as a copyright holder?

same with diru - it seems they're releasing some stuff under firewall and some under free-will.

they dropped quite a lot:

http://oriconv.seesaa.net/article/162860167.html

they probably did earn more money touring than they did in pre-freewill days, but the stats are disappointing,

I'm no longer surprised they decided to disband

I really wonder how Merry's sales changed through the past years.

@ Herpes

I lol'd hysterically when I saw your link yesterday - esp. reading undercode numbers was quite entertaining.

Kinda surprised by the amount of sales Guniw Tools' first 2 albums had

also wow pierrot

FLOPPY, goatbed and Metronome sold alot more than i expected to see as well www

The parts with the red and blue glowing drumsticks reminded me of Star Wars. But I agree, that was awful...

Why do you think it's crappy? For the chorus maybe? I admit that could've been better (the 'in the stormyyy' part) but at least give some credit to the amazingly well fitting guitar solo in that song! It's rare to come across a solo in a song that fits so perfectly as this one in my opinion. Lolita23q better don't mess that up!

When it comes to good vocals and good guitar I think they will manage just fine. Soshi can really work his voice, you can really hear that at the end of their song ALICE IN DOWNWARD and minerva. Ryuto is a very decent guitarist (since he will probably do the solo) so I think they'll be alright. And yes, it was the chorus that ruined it for me, right on the spot. About the drum solo's: somehow that was meant for the DELUHI topic (audio rip Blitzkrieg) but it ended up here :lol:

I don't really get the whole relationship between Firewall, Free-will and Sunkrad - like, 12012 has been associated with F-will for a few years, but their homepage refers to sun-krad as a copyright holder?

same with diru - it seems they're releasing some stuff under firewall and some under free-will.

they dropped quite a lot:

http://oriconv.seesaa.net/article/162860167.html

they probably did earn more money touring than they did in pre-freewill days, but the stats are disappointing,

I'm no longer surprised they decided to disband

I really wonder how Merry's sales changed through the past years.

@ Herpes

I lol'd hysterically when I saw your link yesterday - esp. reading undercode numbers was quite entertaining.

...Astre & Kein are their best sellers!? seriously!? Way beyond depressing. [even though they have two of their best songs in Anima and Taiyou...]

And yea, it really is complicated considering how many sub-divisions Free-Will have. I just really care if they're giving them the freedom to succeed :/, but it's seriously disheartening that things aren't as imagined. I really doubt Satsuki can be big, after all [not that I ever had that kind of conviction...]. I'm still really curious what they're all doing. Shun supports Mika in recording when needed... Ryo... plays games? Takumi with his music assignments. Mika with his project + music assignment... then Satsuki's solo.

And as everyone else, I'm surprised Merry even has fans! [Actually, I didn't like them until Sayounara Ame...then their S/T... so I haven't been there since the beginning xD].

Ah. Winter, again. [please don't be raped... my favorite glay song >_<.]

When it comes to good vocals and good guitar I think they will manage just fine. Soshi can really work his voice, you can really hear that at the end of their song ALICE IN DOWNWARD and minerva. Ryuto is a very decent guitarist (since he will probably do the solo) so I think they'll be alright. And yes, it was the chorus that ruined it for me, right on the spot. About the drum solo's: somehow that was meant for the DELUHI topic (audio rip Blitzkrieg) but it ended up here :lol:

/lazy to edit post.

honestly, I was surprised with new Lolita23q vocals. saying that, I HATED practically all the choruses he sang, wth. I dunno how that's even possible.

Lost Minerva was definitely the best, nonetheless.

I needed a few listens for really getting used to his way of singing. At this point I really enjoy Soshi's vocals.

Sign in to follow this