Trombe

Rami(ex-Aldious) new band "Raglaia" new maxi single "Breaking Dawn" release

https://twitter.com/RAMI_Vocal/status/562086653863284736

According to this tweet, her new band is called Raglaia or Raguraia. Probably something lost in translation. She also said the first single will come shortly on a new label.

Kind of surprised she didn't go with her old mates on Bright Star/Spinning. Then again, I'd much rather have her back in Aldious.

UPDATE: A statement from Rami, and my translator came through for me again.

[Hi, it's been a long time.
In the two years I was away, I received a lot of encouragement and well wishes from you guys, but what made me the happiest was the message "we are still waiting for you to return". The reason why I decided to come back and is standing in front of you right now is because of those messages.
I have recovered both physically and mentally and is feeling great right now. From now on, I will do my best and please continue to cheer me on.
Thank you]
Edited by Traxan

I'm happy to know she's feeling well. I've only ever given Aldious a listen when she was vocalist. I still haven't given their latest stuff a try. I'm rather fond of her so even if I'm not that interested in checking out any more Aldious related music in general, it's great she's back in and doing what she wants to do. And sorry, I can't help with any sort of translating. ;;

I'm really surprised there have been zero tweets between her and her old bandmates. As far as I've seen, she left due to health, not bad feelings. But no one has said a word.

I'm really surprised there have been zero tweets between her and her old bandmates. As far as I've seen, she left due to health, not bad feelings. But no one has said a word.

You answered your own question.

"Raglaia" line-up:
Vo.RAMI (ex-Aldious)
Gt.K-A-Z (SADS)
Ba.ERY (KiLLKiLLS)
Dr.YOUTH-K!!! (BATCAVE)

their new maxi single "Breaking Dawn" will be released at 2015/04/08 (3 TYPE), which is produced by K-A-Z

limited edition TYPE A (1,620yen) will include CD+DVD (including "Forlorn?" PV), limited edition TYPE B (1,620yen) will include CD+DVD (including "Outer Dark" PV & recording making), and regular edition (1,080yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.Forlorn?
02.Outer Dark
03.Cross
04.Forlorn?(instrumental)

I did? How so?

Sorry for the late response. It totally slipped my mind to respond to you.

Like I thought she left because she had some brain disease. But if it was bad enough to make you leave Aldious, why are you back in a new band only two years later? Something seems suspicious to me and the icy relationship between her and her past bandmates adds to it. But maybe we're reading too much into it and they're all still cool in real-life.

She's playing her first shows in May.

http://ameblo.jp/rami-vocal/entry-11988281741.html

Sorry for the late response. It totally slipped my mind to respond to you.

Like I thought she left because she had some brain disease. But if it was bad enough to make you leave Aldious, why are you back in a new band only two years later? Something seems suspicious to me and the icy relationship between her and her past bandmates adds to it. But maybe we're reading too much into it and they're all still cool in real-life.

That was the reason as well. I posted a message from her on the Rumors board, where she said she had a brain condition that could not be fully cured. Now she's back saying she's fully recovered. Someone really needs to press her on this, but my impression of the Japanese press is they don't push for answers at all. They strike me as very softball.

Now I'm convinced something went down between her and her ex band mates. So is "brain damage" her way of getting out of the band while trying to save face? At some point, it's just better to be upfront with people instead of spreading misinformation.

It is rather convenient that they had Re:NO literally one month after Rami left. Then again, I think they made a huge mistake.

But boy, to lie to the public like that? That would be a major loss of face on both sides.

Now I'm convinced something went down between her and her ex band mates. So is "brain damage" her way of getting out of the band while trying to save face? At some point, it's just better to be upfront with people instead of spreading misinformation.

Why would she need to make up a lie like that though? Just take a cue from the VK scene and state "musical differences" then nobody will question you.

Why would she need to make up a lie like that though? Just take a cue from the VK scene and state "musical differences" then nobody will question you.

I have no idea. I'm trying to figure out what happened to her brain disease. It could be in remission for all we know, but she hasn't commented on it yet. I think it's weird that she mentions that she had some brain disease but never mentioned what it was or if she got better or not. If it was bad enough for her to leave Aldious, but apparently not bad enough for her to not form Raglaia two years later, what exactly was it that was so bad that Aldious couldn't go on hiatus for a year or two? Was the band so impatient that they couldn't wait? Or was there something else at play? And if that seems rude I'm only poking because things don't add up.

We'll probably never get answers though.

Someone needs to ask her this, but as I said, the Japanese press isn't terribly aggressive (at least what I have seen on NHK World). But you are right, things don't add up. I provided the translations to her posts in the Rumors section and it was kinda clear: brain disease, no complete cure, and her doctor told her never to perform again. Now 2.5 years later she has a band, an EP in a few weeks and live performances in 2 months, and no one from Aldious has said boo to her on Twitter. This does not compute.

Successful treatment plus strong drive to work on music again. How is that so hard to understand? Are we even sure they don't communicate privately?

It seems like a terrible business decision to go on a hiatus, weren't the band just picking up popularity around that time she left? It wouldn't have been fair to the other members to shut it down after all that work.

I don't discount your theory. Doctors have been wrong before. When she said no chance of permanent recovery, I believed her, that's all.

Anyway, in a blog update I found out where her unusual band name comes from. Raglaia is a combination of R, as in Rami, and the Greek goddess Aglaia, the goddess of beauty and splendor.

Also found this: an autobiography of sorts she did for MusicJapanPlus. She described herself as "American and Okinawa mixed breed." I never would have guessed.

Don't worry, I didn't question what you said. I posted that because she doesn't look mixed to me, that's why. Sorry if you didn't understand it that way, maybe the gif isn't the most appropriate.