Sign in to follow this  
madygrain

I have not tried a new VK band since 2012. What am I missing out?

My favorite bands are Nightmare, Penicillin, Mucc, Metronome, Kagerou, Dead End/Morrie, amber gris among others, but I gess you get what kind of music I expect from VK.

Also, the title is not 100% true, I am pretty into Kamijo's new stuff and liked Jupiter's first album but those feel like Versailles leftovers to me and not really "new". Also tried that new band Yumehito has called belle. But I have been very disconected of new formations since 2012. What can you recommend me?

I can also vouch for Grieva, DEZERT and AvelCain. DIAURA are nice too, even if nothing extraordinarily special. The GALLO are also worth a shot.

absolutely nothing, nothing at all xD

but no seriously, there seems to be a few good new acts from what I hear but nothing too amazing or fresh.

absolutely nothing, nothing at all xD

but no seriously, there seems to be a few good new acts from what I hear but nothing too amazing or fresh.

As expected. But the bands I currently like could fall into the "nothing amazing or fresh" camp for many folks over here so that's not stopping me from trying something new.

I will start with AvelCain, I gess.

I've been finding a lot of new bands I like lately, after not really bothering with many new ones for some years. But now like, most of the old ones I like are breaking up lol.

So I second DIAURA, AvelCain, Dezert, Grieva and I'd add Black Gene for the Next Scene, DIV, holyclock, Yeti, Gigamous, Trust and uh, Loud Grape is pretty cool too.

I am pretty much supporting and backing up every band already mentioned. 

Bringing up AvelCain too, again, just because they're one of my favourite VK bands and also, their album is flawless (imo). The GALLO and THE BLACK SWAN are brilliant ones as well.

Also +1ing evilcoconut's picks above me; Black Gene for the Next Scene, holyclock and Yeti~

I'm pretty sure all of these guys mentioned in the thread are worth checking out.

Lots of old faces in new bands that popped up since 2012.

TOTAL OBJECTION, My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND, HOLLOWGRAM, STEREO C.K,... and those previously mentioned. So it's not all bad, but you really haven't missed much.

Femme Fatale and MASKED RIDER SYSTEM are the only two I can think of that seem to fit in your preferences. The previously mentioned bands mostly include harsh vocals that hint more towards -core acts rather than clean vocals and guitarwork. Perhaps you can also check out Doppel and Neverland.

Forgot to mention I have tried Yeti, Femme Fatale, HOLLOWOGRAM and I am a big fan of STERERO C.K. but all of this bands are veteran regroups somewhat.

The ones so far that interested me of the list are AvelCain because of the apparent consensous and MASKED RIDER SYSTEM because Rocketeer seem to have factored in my tastes a bit more into the recomendations. Maybe Grieva as well.

If anyone can think of more projects I'll be glad.

I can tell you about some interesting projects that should be happening this year. There's "More" which is fronted by ex sugar vocalist Loki, Ex UnsraW vocal Yuki new band "Eriza", Kyouka is having a new band called "insanity injection". There's also dead children which is Ray's new band (Another ex Nega member). Oh and Lin reformed as a second unit with megaromania members and sui as vocalist.

Most of these are veteran regroups though. I honestly don't think there's many promising young groups coming out.

Mejibray hasn't been mentioned yet. They aren't super great in my opinion but seem relatively popular around here. I think they have a few good songs in their discography but you'll have to dig deep.

Annabyss Coast was amazing, unfortunately they broke up already and so far I have only been able to find two of their releases. Some of their tracks are a little heavier, but with songs such as Float - 葬送の鎮魂歌 you'll be sold easily. There's also the upcoming and promising band Develop One's Faculties, formed by veterans but that shouldn't be much of a surprise when it comes down to well-sounding bands nowadays. 

Perhaps you can also check out GOTCHAROCKA and Black Gene for the Next Scene if you liked VIDOLL, XodiacK and Phantasmagoria. And I think that's really all I can think of.

Can absolutely agree with The Gallo, AvelCain and DEZERT. I may also add Sibilebashir, who have become really fucking awesome in the last two years (before 2013 they used to look and sound very different).

Then I‘d recommend you to check out Emmurée and …。【サイレンス】. Both bands have the same vocalist, Sou, and the sound is placed somewhere between melancholic alternative rock, post-punk and goth. The former aren‘t really new, but underrated as hell.

I feel the same way as you. Been going in and out of the visual kei scene, so I wasn't really in tune with the newer bands coming out. But have been finding more bands lately that I really enjoy, and it has restored my faith in visual kei. Maybe some of them you will like too. Just keep looking around... I discovered these bands on my own or from friends or from the news section.

I would recommend the following:

Sign in to follow this