• GACKT
    • HYDE (L'Arcã??enã??Ciel)
    • Sakurai Atsushi (BUCK-TICK)
    • Kiyoharu (kuroyume, SADS)
    • Sugizo (LUNA SEA)
    • Yoshiki (X JAPAN....S.K.I.N.? LMAO)
    • Kyo (D'erlanger)
    • Morrie (DEAD END)
    • Kenzi (THE DEAD Pâ??P STARS, â??NTI FEMINISM)
    • Takayuki (THE PIASS)
    • Mukai Shutoku (NUMBER GIRL, ZAZEN BOYS)
    • Kenji Å?tsuki (Kinniku Shōjo Tai, Tokusatsu)
    • Tetsu (MALICE MIZER, nil, ZIGZO, THE JUNEJULYAUGUST)
    • Kamijo (LAREINE, Versailles)
    • Koshi Inaba (B'z)
    • Full (Guniw Tools)
    • Ryutaro Arimura (Plastic Tree)
    • Eizo Sakamoto (ANTHEM)
    • Anchang (SEX MACHINEGUNS)
    • Sawao Yamanaka (the pillows, THE PREDATORS)

Well you can't expect the list maker to know everyone. And like you said, to keep the list from being 100 miles long they had to be narrowed down to the most popular choices.  I personally felt Kisaki should have been on the list too... but I didn't write this list. XD And I think everyone probably feels like someone worth while got left out. But that's the great part about posting it in the thread is we can still talk about them anyway. ;3

Indeed! This is why I always ask everyone for suggestions when conducting these polls. My J-rock knowledge is not all-encompassing. Besides, you can only include 20 options for each poll question, so...

As for me, I voted for Atsushi, as he's been the most consistent for me. I was really into HYDE at one point, but stopped following him sometime in late 2007. I'm also a fan of Kiyoharu and Tetsu, but musically, they've been been inconsistent for me (I think Nil is the only Tetsu project that I really enjoy).

While Mukai Shutoku is an absolute legend to J-indie heads (the fact that he has only 1 vote really show's the general taste of our userbase lol), I can't say that I'm especially fond of his work. Which is ironic because I enjoy many younger bands that have been influenced by his career in some way. So he at least gets my respect in that regard.

Indeed! This is why I always ask everyone for suggestions when conducting these polls. My J-rock knowledge is not all-encompassing. Besides, you can only include 20 options for each poll question, so...

Right. Its basically impossible to get everyone in there. And like you emntioned, even if you posted who some people deem super relevant, others will always disagree. I was suprised at some of the names you got on there that I have forgotten about. Like Kenji Ohstuki. Self proclaimed godfather of visual kei! Lol.

Sakurai Atsushi

I love his energy and the creepy yet intense vibe he brings to the live BUCK TICK shows. He also seems like he'd be a fun guy to hang with.

Isn't the aging range a bit wide? I mean how old is Kamijo, like 30-something, while Atsushi's almost 50 XD Don't really think Kamijo's an ojisan yet.

My vote went for Atsushi <3