Alastor

Guess the Solo!

Don't know if this is a good place for this kind of game, please move if necessary.

I have a bunch of edited guitar solos lying on my HDD so I guess we can have some fun - do you know who's playing?

I'm not asking you for a name of the guitarist (I don't know that, most of the time). The band/song will be sufficient.

The first solo.

I'll post the next one after it's guessed.

RULES:

01. I prefer this topic to move at somewhat fast pace, so let's say two full days since posting is max period of leaving your solo here unguessed.

02. When you post the next solo, you shouldn't give any hints from the get-go and give it one day. After that, if we're still struggling with it, you can hint as much as you want, if you think it's needed.

03. Sound samples can not include vocal parts (well, maybe some very minor ones, if they're interlacing with a solo)

04. You can repeat a band that was here already - if you really want to - but let's try to be as much diversive as we can.

05. Vk, metal, anime opening - anything goes, as long as it's Japan-related.

06. It doesn't really have to be a guitar solo!

07. If you won and don't want to post the next solo yourself, drop me a PM and I'll do it for you.

08. If, after two days, your solo still isn't guessed, just name the full song and let me know - I'll post the next one.

09. The preferred service for uploading solos is Soundcloud, as I think no one has any trouble using it. If you have a better idea, let me know.

10. If I'm not responding when I should in a reasonable timeframe, I'm probably dead and I pass my duties to any mod willing to do this.

B'z -  IT'S SHOWTIME!!

I instantly knew it was a B'z song though I couldn't recall the title so I skimmed through a few of their songs to find it xD.

Correct!

Try this one:

Solo #3

(I love it!)

Well, I don't want to scare you all with hard ones :P

Solo #8 ?

Now this one was a piece of cake , its Sugizo - No More Machineguns Play the Guitar . 

BTW will you be the only one posting the solos ? Or the one who guesses correctly will post the next one ?

Now this one was a piece of cake , its Sugizo - No More Machineguns Play the Guitar . 

BTW will you be the only one posting the solos ? Or the one who guesses correctly will post the next one ?

I'm just posting mine because I have them edited already. But we can change that, so I can have some fun guessing too! Want to post something?

Let's say from now: if you win, post the next solo yourself or ask me to do it for you :)

Okay than i can post some solo right now , its more fun this way if you can also get a chance at the guessing :P .

SOLO

Have a go at this one , happy guessing .

I'm abslutely positive that... I hear it for the first time here :\ Good solo, though. Will check the full song when someone guesses :P

Maybe lets make a rule for how long a song can be here unguessed , and if there should be some kind of clues . Some solos might be hard to guess , or hard to remember even if they are good . Im positive that if i would post a part of Tak Matsumoto song Hana not many ppl would even recognize it .

BTW something is wrong with soundcloud i can get to the solo from my account but not from the link here , also refreshing the site also says the same that the file is not there , it was not like that earlier .

is that VK?

Dont know if i should answer that cause ive just jumped in here , and there should be some more rules specified , but for now i will treat this as an exception as im the one who posted the solo and this is already something new in this topic .

So , no , this is not VK , it was not specified if it should or should not be VK bands only . One thing is sure its japanese .

BTW 1 : soundcloud started working again .

BTW 2 : @Alastor , what do you say we write down some rules here , to make other also participate and maybe some rules about giving or not giving advices or clues . Altough its your game and i dont wont to itrude to much on it .

BTW3 : @Alastor , As you come from the same country as i do and a similar game was one one of the j-rock polish forums we probably met there already , so im kinda curious . Cuase i have the feeling i might know you .

Dont know if i should answer that cause ive just jumped in here , and there should be some more rules specified , but for now i will treat this as an exception as im the one who posted the solo and this is already something new in this topic .

So , no , this is not VK , it was not specified if it should or should not be VK bands only . One thing is sure its japanese .

BTW 1 : soundcloud started working again .

BTW 2 : @Alastor , what do you say we write down some rules here , to make other also participate and maybe some rules about giving or not giving advices or clues . Altough its your game and i dont wont to itrude to much on it .

BTW3 : @Alastor , As you come from the same country as i do and a similar game was one one of the j-rock polish forums we probably met there already , so im kinda curious . Cuase i have the feeling i might know you .

You are right, there should be some more rules - I'll post it here and ask a mod to edit the OP.

01. I prefer this topic to move at somewhat fast pace, so let's say two full days since posting is max period of leaving your solo here unguessed.

02. When you post the next solo, you shouldn't give any hints from the get-go and give it one day. After that, if we're still struggling with it, you can hint as much as you want, if you think it's needed.

03. Sound samples can not include vocal parts (well, maybe some very minor ones, if they're interlacing with a solo)

04. You can repeat a band that was here already - if you really want to - but let's try to be as diversive as we can.

05. Vk, metal, anime opening - anything goes, as long as it's Japan-related.

06. It doesn't really have to be a guitar solo!

07. If you won and don't want to post the next solo yourself, drop me a PM and I'll do it for you.

08. If, after two days, your solo still isn't guessed, just name the full song and let me know - I'll post the next one.

09. The preferred service for uploading solos is Soundcloud, as I think no one has any trouble using it. If you have a better idea, let me know.

10. If I'm not responding when I should in a reasonable timeframe, I'm probably dead and I pass my duties to any mod willing to do this.

And kurenaishineek, you probably don't know me, as the only other forum I'm somewhat active on right now is NeoGAF ;) I'm not on any polish ones. Well, maybe I visited them once or twice but I haven't posted much or stayed for long. I was a regular at Frukto's jmusic site back when it was still a thing, though - if you're old enough to remember that ;) And this idea isn't from any other topic from somewhere else, but I'm not suprised I'm not the first person to think about something like this.

Im 29 , i was a regular on Frukto's site as well .

Okay 24 hours passed its time for a hint

The composer of the song this solo comes from , is a well known composer of Anime OST , and the song was composed for the debut album of a singer also known for collaborations with that composer on various projects .

I know the hint might make it a lot easier to guess the solo , but if something would be impossible to guess it would be less fun .

I think i broke the game , here is another hint , its the last one and then ill post the answer if no one makes a guess here .

The Hint

The singer of this song is also part of Sound Horizon , and this song is from s solo debut album of that artist , and it was also used as an anime ending .

With this hint it should be a piece of cake .

Times up it was Kaori Oda with her song Calling , that was used as ending theme in Baccana and the song was composed by Yuki Kajiura . Alastor you are posting now .