Royz vs. 己龍  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

Royz

2zqwn4l.jpg

vs.

己龍

157olyx.jpg

Which one of these B.P Records' bands is your choice?

I prefer Royz because they're just so k4w411.

This is an interesting one... Although their stuff irritated me to no end in the past, I'm gonna have to go with Kiryu because I'm finding myself to be enjoying their stuff more lately, and their sound has some surprising and fun elements. Royz never left much of an impression on me, tho their newest album (the first release I ever listened from them all the way through) was okay-ish enough.

Which one of these B.P Records' bands is your choice?

Codomo Dragon

Kiryu ofc. 

I prefer Royz because they're just so k4w411.

Hiyori is more kawaweee than all Royz together

Codomo Dragon

Kiryu ofc. 

I thought it would be more fair to put Royz against Kiryu because Codomo is so new :D Please make a band battle with Codomo in it!

Hiyori is more kawaweee than all Royz together

I was just kidding though :D I haven't really listened to Kiryu, I've seen maybe 5 of their PVs. I just can't stand Mahiro's voice...

wooo all of royz is hot looking for a change. they need to keep that make up artist but because my only real interest in them is kuina ill go with kiryu.

Roys wins with the member pvs for kuina egoist tho. looking forward too royz next look now

I just can't stand Mahiro's voice...

SAME. I've tried hard to get into them, but I just can't handle the vocals. Sounds like he's dying or in lots of pain to me.

I think 屡流 is the only song I can stand. :<

I like Kiryu more. Royz songs are not my thing at all… except maybe Lilia, since it was really different from their usual stuff. Sadly they won't try to expand their sound into the direction Lilia had and their album didn't impress me at all. Kiryu may be repetitive, but their music is appealing much more to me. And I don't find Mahiro's voice bad or even weird. It's a matter of taste and his voice requires some time to get used to.

I can say I've enjoyed more songs of Royz than Kiryu. I think it is subconsciously Mahiro's voice that makes me not Kiryu that much though I enjoyed their newest album more than Royz's album.

although the polls have different opinion .they seem to find more easy the choice between these 2  than the previous poll.

but for me this is more difficult than the other.

i didn't vote maybe later. but my thoughts:

i am not  annoyed by mahiro's voice. ok maybe it gets annoying when you listen all the time non stop in combination with this music.but subaru's tone of voice is not my favorite preference of voices either.
their appearance and  vkei characters and visuals are both entertaining.
i guess you could choose kiryu if you want something more strange and different as a fan and royz if you prefer something more pop/rock  but still dressed as vkei.(most bands  drop it and just wear fashionable clothes. i  like royz doesn't do that)
 i am biased  more over some members of royz and i want to vote royz because of that. but  i like kiryu as vkei characters too xD.
( about music even though  when i was new to vkei  i knew/listen  kiryu more and their songs.but i am not sure if royz existed yet. but today i can't say i listen to one more than the other.  nomatter who wins it's the same. dammit this poll xD )

I can't take Royz seriously after learning about their Tanuki drama. 

Kiryu wins it. 

Exact reason why I started listening to Royz... My intention was to just shrug off their music as shitty too (because every member's personality seems to be really shitty too, koudai excluded) but then I actually started liking them... D:

I can't take Royz seriously after learning about their Tanuki drama. 

Kiryu wins it.

Seconded.

Also, I like Kiryu's style, it's very unique amongst other visual bands, even if I hardly listen to them or Royz.

I take Kiryu easily. Idk if anyone here has an opinion, but in a few choruses they have reminded me strangely of Oingo Boingo, this instantly endeared them to me... lol

Royz I have no real opinion of still

Absolutely Kiryu, I even bought their latest album.

The only member of Royz I found kawai is Kazuki. Since he's departed, I kind of lost interest in Royz...

Def going with Kiryu with this one. I tried listening to Royz for a while, but even if Subaru's vocals kinda hit my soft spot for high-pitched vocals, their general style failed to impress me. Overall they're but decent. Not bad but not miraculously oh-my-god-I'm-gonna-jizz-my-pants good either. Mediocre, at most.

Whereas Kiryu definitely divides people to those who hate them (mostly because of Mahiro's voice) and those who absolutely adore them to death. I'm part of the latter.

@Mi'ihen pointed out that Mahiro always sounds like he's in pain or dying. For some, like your's truly, that's the appeal of his voice. Since Kiryu isn't supposed to be an upbeat pop-rock band, but rather horror-esque, Mahiro's dying animal sounds fit in perfectly. I'd probably hate him if I heard him in a band that tries to do happy music (Maidora doesn't count), but since the whole point of Kiryu is kinda to be weird and scary and off-putting, I think Mahiro was the best choice for them. :3 But this is just my opinion.

己龍.

I find Royz to be utterly boring — 己龍 is unique, both in music and in visual appearance. Their music had me hooked since I first heard them whereas with Royz I couldn't be more possibly uninterested as they sound just like any other generic J-Rock band that doesn't stand out in any way.

Kiryu by a long shot. I feel that royz is only popular because of their appearance. Even having said that, Kiryu still has them beat concept wise and their actual song structures are way more creative than royz. I'm not saying royz is bad, I just don't feel anything when I listen to them. I'm starting to think that royz is more like overseas than in Japan as well? Or at least according to xenon. They did a similar poll but it included kodomo dragon ( I was their only vote) but kiryu slaughtered both bands when xenon had indeed anticipated royz winning. The guy at xenon said royz isn't very popular in Japan as people think but he thought maybe they would be in the states but he was wrong lol.

Sign in to follow this