Trombe

Sadie new album "GANGSTA" release

what marketing logic is "people follow them because they make fun of them". that's infomercials logic. you should aim to make good music or art and not to be a joke.

informecial logic is not something you should be proud of. "is so ridiculous that i will notice"

the proud/poetic logic  is :that something is so different than my values or what i am used to, that it annoys  me and i notice it,not because it makes me laugh because it is more stupid than me.

that has nothing to do with sadie sorry. i just comment on @Tetora

edit: *values i mean repressive society values. you should aim to annoy people and not to make people see you as a joke. at least that's what i think more of an artist

Anyway, just rambling here, but I see Sadie is in the same boat as BORN, where it is cool to make fun of them, and that makes everyone follow them over other bands. I expect this to continue for a while, just like MuCC's following, where they changed their approach to.music years and years ago but people still post in every thread about how they used to be better, yet these people still follow every single release regardless.

I think it's more so that we know what these bands are capable of yet they continue to take on new directions that deviate from their original sound, so much so that it's distracting. Us following them is perhaps a hope that the band will go back to the sound that their old fans originally fell in love with. It's what happens when a band changes their sound: You lose old fans, you make some new ones. New fans like their new sound, but the old fans don't.

At the same time, fans (in general) don't want the hear the same material over and over again. That's why bands do something new. But, the band has to know how to expand their sound from the root, not just try a new style. That way they're not just doing something new, they're doing something new with their established style, what originally made them unique or stand out. By choosing a brand new style they alienate their old fan base and on the flip side, if they ever want to do something they used to do, they alienate their new fanbase. Keeping this balance is difficult, but that's one of the challenges of growing as a band.  

In regards to the preview, I don't think it's anything to write home about. But I find it so much more preferable to [bleach].

Given the title the covers seem like an odd choice too.

But, only time will tell whether or not the album will come together.

*I just gave [bleach] a listen and it has more to do with GANGSTA than does [Dead End] (so far).

Masta Mao the rappa

Who knows, the rest of the album might be this.

It's hilarious; fans don't want to hear the same thing over and over again (e.g. Deathgaze), yet as soon as a band deviates from their sound the fans lose their minds (e.g. Dir En Grey following Kisou).

Although I'm not a huge fan of change it can sometimes be for the better (or in the latter case a change which is just as powerful and industry-impacting as their previous sound, albeit completely different). I think bands that actually dig themselves out of that pit of stagnation should be praised for actually working hard to improve themselves instead of settling in their comfort zone...

...although with that said, bands that simply go for a flavour of the month approach are exempt from this ;D

It's hilarious; fans don't want to hear the same thing over and over again (e.g. Deathgaze), yet as soon as a band deviates from their sound the fans lose their minds (e.g. Dir En Grey following Kisou).

Fascinating, isn't it? You can't win nowadays with how you want your band to sound. You either get shit for not "evolving" or get shit for entirely changing your sound.

The big difference here, though, is that unlike Dir en grey, Sadie has not shown any level of competency when it comes to writing music with this new change in sound. At least a band like Dir en grey, though a mixed bag and lacking as of late, puts effort into their compositions and shows a level of growth which each album that is the antithesis of Missa. With Sadie, you can not find ONE quality of their songwriting and proclaim it to be progress from their previous sound. The merits of their compositions fall apart when in consideration of a path that people dread the most, cultural accessibility in music. They are playing it safe by treading the same ground that countless bands have done before to make their sound more accessible to a wider audience.

Bands who play it safe almost never get remembered a few years after they disband. Instead, those that do, offer something new to music that can be remembered for better or for worse. Sadie has yet to do anything like this other than come up with a shitty album title.

Not that I want them to go back to their "heavier" roots; but to regress so much with nothing to show for it? In this one instance, I can understand why people are bothered.

(this is based off of different expectations in music though. and I doubt a band like Sadie worries themselves too much about compositional integrity)

smh am I the only person who'd like them to teddylloyd the hell out of this sound and add wubs in two thirds of album tracks?

this is better than typical current sadie, but every song sounds so dull, there's legit no repeat value in any of those tracks posted

mao's vocals also sound s f flat all the time, he's like a growling yomi of dir en grey ripoff scene

yay it's the 2012 sadie that left too early. i like it, but some of the line sound paraphrased from their other sound. 

Where there anymore tracks leaked?

Ah, so we're not missing out on anything with it not uploaded yet.

But seriously... Welcome to the Underground was totally unlistenable. Dead End was basic. Hate Me or Love Me? was pretty good and so was The Never, but honestly nekkichi is so right by saying there's no repeat value. I really highly doubt I will listen to this album much.

The only of those leaked tracks that remotely impressed me was "MESSAGE FROM HERE," I thought it was a really nice song. Maybe it would have been better to release that as a single, with two of the other tracks that didn't leak as b-sides?

And yeah, WERUKOMU TSU DAA ANDAGURAUNDO was pretty bad.

The riff from "Hate me or Love me?" was kinda neat.

I just wish they did something more with that. 

I know it's only a few songs, but I'm not enjoying the album. 

Well, my favorites from those few songs are THE NEVER and MESSAGE FROM HERE...I love their ballads/ballad-ish songs *__* And I somewhat like DEAD END too, even if it's nothing special. Whereas I don't like the other two...WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND is just awful XD Btw, I hope to hear the full album soon!

from the bottom to the top, that's how I'd rank at the moment (althoug I'm still not sure if I like THE NEVER more than HATE ME OR LOVE ME? I guess I'll have to come back for this when I'm able to hear the full album) MESSAGE FROM HERE is my favourite so far from this Album & I also hope to hear the full album soon

their members session will perform at countdown live at Nishikujou BRAND NEW at 2014/12/31

session members:
Vo.真緒(mao) (Sadie)
Gt.真巳(masami) (Scar.)
Gt.美月(mizuki) (Sadie)
Ba.Chiyu (SuG)
Dr.Kait (Viru's)

SET-LIST at 2014/12/06:

SE.MODE OF GANGSTA
01.DEAD END
02.Voice of Pain
03.HATE ME OR LOVE ME
04.溺れる魚