orangetarts

How important are usernames/internet handles to you?

I don't usually bother changing my name once I've thought up of one I like. I like to think I get fonder of them over time so I end up not wanting to change it or even bother thinking up of another name. The only problem I have is liking a lot of usernames I come up with, so I try not to use the same username for everything and making the most of them. Luckily I'm not too picky once the username has been entered and accepted. More so than not, my username is something to do with my name (yuriyume), or something I just like the sound/meaning of (nakusora).

My username actually comes from the name of this photo (not mine): 月の渚

6355601.jpg

I'm not that attached to it but I do like it. I use a couple of other Japanese usernames if this one is taken and those are usually not taken. I'm kind of paranoid that someone will somehow find out that these usernames are linked and track them back to me though (lol). I have heard horror stories of that happening before. 

I use the same one pretty much everywhere, except in a few places that I made accounts on when I was really young and hadn't come up with this one yet.

My usernames vary from site to site but for the most part, they're related to anime characters or elements. As far as an actual name/alias, I've gone under "Zac" since late 2008. 

Usernames are somewhat important to me.

they tend to have some odd meaning to me, but eventually i forget.

emmny is a song by the god and death stars, and i love it and i thought emmny sounds awesome and simultaneously very odd so i chose it--i dont have an intent of changing.

My username come from my real name. My brazilian name have "Delmiro" and i was in school (10 years ago) writing crazy things and i started put words in my name and I liked write: Delkmiroph.

My brazilian name is fucking big lol, but i dont use more because i married in germany and i can change all my name :D (THANKS GERMANY HAHA)

I can say that my username is only for me in this world ;D

Yes they're important, and I tend to take my time thinking of a satisfying username.  My current one came from the lyrics of the song gariron by baroque.  It actually says "plastic rainbow days" in the lyrics, but I cut it short because it seemed too long.  Also, it has "plastic" in it from Plastic Tree so it reflects two of my favorite bands in one.  And I've had this username ever since I don't know.....2009 or something.  Now I get bothered by it sometimes though because people might think of rainbows when they see it, haha.

It's not really important to me what my username is, as long as I don't think it sounds stupid. I usually just go with a song title or something related to whatever I'm into at the time, so I've had a lot of different usernames. I don't overly bother with staying consistent or keeping a name, since I'm not known enough for it to be "my brand"