Maiku

What are you reading?

BQ2mSbDCIAIGgeK.jpg

Finally finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo, unabridged version. It's now my favorite classic novel.

Next up, Ender's Game.

Finished Catcher In The Rye, by J.D Salinger. Should have read this sooner.

Starting on Fydor Dostoevsky's The Idiot

04-7.jpg 

THIS BECAUSE THIS BITCH IS ONE OF THE BEST FROM 90S HORROR. <3 <3 <3

Also, DO NOT READ Seed by ANIA AHLBORN. Terrible and makes no sense. iasgnaoinbghelinbae

Also, Kudos to Rocketeer for reading one of the best books ever. I love how well the movie was made after the book and honestly if you see the movie you've read the book because it's mostly perfectly done. ;O; <3 <3 <3

The October Country by Ray Bradbury, also gonna start with Dangerous Visions soon

Right now I am reading the The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks...it started of really slow and kind of dull, but at about 50% of the way through it has picked up and it is kept me thoroughly entertained. It's not quite a The Name of The Wind, though.

I finally finished Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card which is a parallel story to Ender's Game. Great book taken from another perspective and incredible writing on human condition. I found Bean to be more likable than Ender. Now I'm ready for this movie that'll be out on Nov. 1.

Finally picked up a book again. Started Murakami's A Wild Sheep Chase!

^ I love Murakami in general, and I hope you enjoy your read :D Although I must say 1Q84 was rather underwhelming and disappointing.

^ I love Murakami in general, and I hope you enjoy your read :D Although I must say 1Q84 was rather underwhelming and disappointing.

I've loved all I've read of him till this point. I have more of his books back in Belgium (including 1Q84), waiting for me to be read but I won't be getting there anytime soon. It makes me sad they're just lying there. Loved Norwegian Wood, The Elephant Vanishes, and Dance Dance Dance though.

Thanks!

Natsume Sōseki - The Gate. Can't tell much since I'm still at the beginning of the novel, but I expect great things after having been really pleased with Kokoro.

Been reading Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age for a while now (kinda slowly progressing xD), it's a pretty cool spin on cyberpunk/sci-fi, kinda 'steampunk in the future' vibe.

Been reading Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age for a while now (kinda slowly progressing xD), it's a pretty cool spin on cyberpunk/sci-fi, kinda 'steampunk in the future' vibe.

Good book, but not as good as Snow Crash imo.

Last thing I read was this book called 'The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair'by Joël Dicker. It was hella good, got me hooked during all of it, specially the second half when shit gets real. Not a masterpiece but I recommend it if you wanna read a good detective fiction book.

Now I'm reading this book called 'Don't Let Me Go' by J.H. Trumble. It's some gay drama shit. I've only read 10 chapters but I'm really liking it.

Dazai Osamu - No Longer Human.

The brief prologue's eerie and yet simply stunning. There are farcicalities, sad and frustrating moments, even illuminating notions... the book's fairly engaging, but all the while I can't think of the main protagonist as someone who is no longer a human as the title implies--perhaps just a person who doesn't function properly in a lot of ways. Who knows, though; I'm still somewhere on page 127 or so.