Wicked Teletubby

BABYMETAL

BABYMETAL has the benefit of being a trend right now. Very few (if any) VK-related acts exploded in popularity on YouTube because of their gimmick, and right now BABYMETAL are taking advantage of that fact.

Well said, I really can see the attraction of them as a music act. I might just be a slight hater on the most popular acts outshining others or something hah. It's clever I think, to do something so different, doing such a gimmick. I'll be supporting them to continue doing their best anyway. ( :

I do like their songs they are quite popular in Illinois at this moment. Everyone at work talks about Babymetal and well I do think they could make it big in the music industry. 

I'm finding it interesting where they're popular and most well known. Seems like they're spreading like wild fire, I continue to keep an eye on their last.fm page and Tumblr post inclusions just to see how far they are. Going against what I've already said here, it really is nice that such a different group are getting recognition, I'm rather excited for more bizarre genre mixes in the future. I seem to be looking into them quite a bit.. more of a fan I think I am, wow. >.<

man what a hymn...

can't wait for their comeback, let's see if they manage to be more than just a one time curiosity

In some ways their second album is more important than the first. They got everyone's attention so now they have to keep it.

i agree. no matter how it turns out, a huge proportion of the people will turn away, as the thrill of the novelty will be gone. this time around they have to convince people to stay for the music. many (myself included) argue, that they only became this famous in the west and in the metal circles, because besides being gimmicky the music itself was proper, clever and heartfelt.

now this second time around they need to achieve the difficult to again bring something new and quirky to the table, while at the same time being the solidest as fuckest metal record you can imagine. that sample seems like they at least have this second point already covered pretty much.

They're facing the same problem any artist does with a well received debut album, only times 1000 because they got so massively popular. In ways it's so much worse than trying to simply establish cred in the metal scene. They have to simultaneously stay relevant in the pop market which is hard for anyone. Pop music tends to be disposable by nature so even if they release a great album, I'm expecting them to lose a large chunk of fans who are onto the next cute/weird/viral thing already. For long term, I think their only hope is developing a niche market that makes them more of an event unto themselves than simply a musical artist. Like Kiss, for an example. People go for the whole show, not just to hear a couple of well known songs.

namely guitarists Sam Totman and Herman Li.

still don't get the thing. what is it? a song? a single? an album?

I hope they announce new single/album at Saitama Super Arena in 1/10/2015 :)

there's a new live album LIVE AT BUDOKAN out tomorrow. :)

announced like two hours ago.

mastered by Ted Jensen who previously did albums for Madonna, Eagles, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, Green Day, Deftones, Coldplay, Behemoth and others.

LMAO omg someone make this dude a cup of sleepytime tea and let him calm the hell down. Let me cry because a bunch of little girls are more popular than my faves, boo fucking hoo.

Edit: quote from the top comment from him in reply to this video " I  new the exact reactions I would get from this video its all planned and staged." So someone did it all for the views I guess. Talk about revoking your "metal card". 

LMAO omg someone make this dude a cup of sleepytime tea and let him calm the hell down. Let me cry because a bunch of little girls are more popular than my faves, boo fucking hoo.

Edit: quote from the top comment from him in reply to this video " I  new the exact reactions I would get from this video its all planned and staged." So someone did it all for the views I guess. Talk about revoking your "metal card". 

But, don't you see? BABYMETAL is taking the seriousness out of metal! Unlike bands like GWAR, Lordi, Steel Panther, Edguy, and so forth! No one can have a fun time in metal! EVER!

But, don't you see? BABYMETAL is taking the seriousness out of metal! Unlike bands like GWAR, Lordi, Steel Panther, Edguy, and so forth! No one can have a fun time in metal! EVER!

I wonder how this makes him feel:

^twerking for the win

SHHHH Don't you bring your logic in here and start making sense. That's so un-metal!!

He might pop a blood vessel if he saw this. XD

Aneurysm in 3... 2... 1... ?

jeez how fucked up that guy is? there's just too much spare time in his life.

And getting upset over stuff that he doesn't like? I meant... this is new levels of butthurt.

Seriousness? What? Since when is this what metal is about? Seriously the fathers of metal would facepalm reading your comment .

The live album is out on itunes , just got it and its very good , totally love those live versions , Ijime, Dame, Zettaj being a 8 minute long song now is sooo good . Alos the instrumantal parts do sound different a little , well Leda and master Takayoshi are on guitars now , and BOH is on bass , their characteristic play styles are rubbing off on the Babymetal songs , but in a good way of course . The new Akumu no Rondo with all those Djent/Prog riffs is probably the biggest change to the sound of Babymetal .

Also a lot better thanks to MOAMETAL and YUIMETAL singing live and not from playback like on the first live DVD .