sai

E3 2014

ugh fucking shitendo! nothing to play, fuck! cocksuckers! D;

at least there are some progress in miles edgeworth 2 fan translation :v

Yoshi's Yarn tho.

On another note POKEMON OMEGA RUBY/ALPHA SAPPHRIE FOOTAGE AAH.

@style Yes! I watched both this morning.

I'm agreeing with Disposable when I say that pretty much the core problems of the last two games still haven't been fixed. Unity still seems like your basic AC game with a different world, more side missions but nothing new or exciting.

awwww Yoshi's Wooly World is like Kirby Epic Yarn. It even uses the same gems? If I get a WiiU, I'd probably get that to relive my Yoshi's Story days.

Lololol @ the trailer showing cooperation though. If you can eat your teammate and make them an egg, no one is going to do anything but fuck each other over.

Ubisoft has said that AC Unity would originally have a female lead, but they changed it to a male because animating women would "cost too much and isn't in their abilities":

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_unity/news/no_female_leads_in_assassins_creed_unity_unfortunate_but_a_reality_of_game_development_ubi.html

I can't fucking believe this. If you can't animate women you obviously don't have the right job. Women are not mystical creatures that are impossible to animate. Like I'm not even mad they put in white men with stubble all the time (though it IS annoying), I'm mad because of their horseshit argument they clearly pulled out of their ass because they animated a woman before! Aveline de Grandpre was even remade for a HD version for new consoles, so don't tell me you can't animate women BECAUSE YOU CAN. You just don't want to.

It's still in doubt whether that article is even genuine though. Either way, they do not state that they are incapable of animating women - there are still enough female NPC's in the game who are undoubtedly going to have an important role. People have probably missed some promotional images too because there is clearly a female on the poster who is even remotely dressed as an assassin, she just won't be a playable character. Personally, I've sat through this entire hateful bombardement toward AC: Unity on Tumblr when the trailers were released, and I suppose people can't get enough of it, but it's really tiring because we as neutral prospecters, aren't allowed an opinion apparently - I tried to come up with my own opinion on Tumblr and I got hated on because I apparently was oppressing women because I couldn't care less whether the protagonist is male or female? I am woman myself, why would I. It's funny though because the blogs who attacked me clearly stated that they were all about feminism.

I don't care what a protagonist looks like, whether they are male or female, white or black or asian or hispanic, it's the story that makes a game for me. I am overly happy with Arno; I want to learn his story, I don't want to bother to get myself in an angry twist because I cannot see myself (as a female) being represented in this game. I really don't care at all.

Internally screamed when I saw that Uncharted 4 part.

Screamed a little harder when Type-0 was announced to be coming to PS4.

GIMME.

I dont see any indication in that news or on any other articles about the female lead that they are not capable to do so? I dont get how you jump to that conclusion, can you enlighten me?

The article you linked and any other article on that matter (i even watched some live interview with that subject) only indicates, that they dont have enough time to include it, as they would need to redo all animations etc. (as seen here: "It would have doubled the work on those things. And I mean it's something the team really wanted, but we had to make a decision... It's unfortunate, but it's a reality of game development.")

So please point me to a quote that cleary says that they cant animate women, because im either blind or you read too much into that article.

Its a whole other discussion if they should or should not have included a female character.

Yeah my apologies for the bad wording (got a bit too emotional there), they obviously can (as they did with Aveline de Grandpre), it's just that they decided not to at the start of development for a reason that seems a bit odd to me.

I understand that you can't just change the gender of one of your protagonists when you're halfway in production, and perhaps it WOULD take them more time to do so because of stuff they want to re-use, but what I don't get is why they say that while they obviously have female character models, from both Aveline de Grandpre as the female models for AC multiplayer. Aveline's model was even transported from handheld to console (ACIII Liberation HD) so you could assume they have at least one female model they could use.

I mean, the new character (male or female) would've needed a person for the mo-cap and Ubisoft is known to use parts of older games for their new titles (for example, Connor Kenway and Edward Kenway move exactly the same), so it's only natural to bring that stuff over to the next-gen games as well. I understand why Ubisoft did what they did, but I cannot understand why it would take more time, because the way I see it, they already had a base they could've imported to the next-gen too. Besides, their initial idea was to use a female character, but it was scrapped because it'd take too much time even though they REALLY wanted it. Too much time for what? We know Ubisoft's release schedule for AC games is one new game each year, something a lot of people recently have started to criticize. Would it really have killed them to spend an extra year (or two) on development? The reason why they didn't go through with at least one playable female character is because it didn't fit into their business model, at least, that's my hunch. That's business, harsh and true. Of course, if someone has enough knowledge on development and who can show me some valid models or articles as on whether or not this would make much of a difference time-wise, I'll acknowledge Ubisoft's reason as valid.

I don't mind having another male protagonist because so far I've liked 3/4 male protagonists in the AC games, so I'm not mad at the fact that they did not include a female one (they did include a female, but she's not playable, as far as we know). The reason seems valid enough too if it fits their business model. My problem at this point is just that I can't see at this point how much of a time difference it could've made. But like I said, if someone who knows this and can link me to some articles/interviews, I will look deeper into it. This is how I see it with the information currently available.

Edit: Some tweets surfaced from Jonathan Cooper, who is currently an animator working for Naughty Dog and who was the Animation Director for titles as Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed III. I think his professional opinion is probably one to be valued considering he worked on quite a few titles, and he says this:

"Fun fact #2: Aveline de Grandpre shares more of Connor Kenway's animations than Edward Kenway does."

"In my educated opinion, I would estimate this to be a day or two's work. Not a replacement of 8000 animations".

Source: twitter, here they are in one image:

tumblr_n70hkqfbUb1qb9a09o1_500.png

Nintendo in charge of being original once again with that Yoshi shit.... tfw we will never get another great Metroid game :(((((((

Also lmao people should just give up on hoping for The Last Guardian, pretty sure the studio in charge of that has fossilized by now or something.

I still dont understand why Ubisoft insists on churning out dumb Ass Creed games annually when they could spend way less dosh and deliver quality products by producing more Rayman. Wish they would show more of Beyond Good & Evil 2 as well, but its prob gonna end up being Ubisofts personal The Last Guardian or whatever