sai

E3 2014

It's nearly that time of the year again! Here are a few E3 previews:

- Ubisoft will most probably show content of both Assassin's Creed Comet and Assassin's Creed Unity, along with a new different game they've been working on. Far Cry 4 is also rumoured.

- EA is rumoured to reveal footage of Mirror's Edge 2 and a new the Sims game.

- Square Enix is coming with a new Final Fantasy XV trailer along with a release date for the game, footage of Kingdom Hearts 3 has been rumoured but not confirmed.

Anyone excited?

FINAL FANTASY XV RELEASE DATE, FINALLY, HOLY SHIT.

I am excited for FF15 because I really like the KH style of 'run and hit things' battle. 

Been engulfed in 14 since January--maybe there will be hints of what they'll plan to do with that in the future as well.

yes my body is ready! Already prepared to watch coverage all week and all the press conferences, guess this is an advantage of being a NEET :D

FF15 is the only game that'll make me buy a PS4 for sure.

Destiny, Alien: Isolation, Batman Arkham Knight, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, The Crew, Tales of Xillia 2, The Order: 1886. Yep, this year's E3 is looking good.

I wish I could watch all the coverage like I did previously but full time job takes over your life. :(

^ Do you have an official source for that? Because I read Nomura has announced that there would be FFXV news during E3 (possibly a release date).

not the first time that they change their announcments or everyone else in the game industry for that matter.

but yes you can read it everywhere.  heres the source, but i doubt you can read that, so heres the kotaku one: link

Alright, thanks. I wanted a source because everyone's been saying different things so I'd like a source before I believe anything atm. But quite a bummer, I was really looking forward to more FFXV news. I really don't know why there's nothing about the game at E3, could that mean it won't be released before 2016?

well he at least said "Continuing, Hashimoto added, "Instead, we are preparing for an event after E3 to make new announcements." so that either means GC/TGS or a own event (doubt that).

Alright, thanks. I wanted a source because everyone's been saying different things so I'd like a source before I believe anything atm. But quite a bummer, I was really looking forward to more FFXV news. I really don't know why there's nothing about the game at E3, could that mean it won't be released before 2016?

Don't forget KH3 and FFXV were out of the blue at last year's E3 as well. Who knows, maybe they were preparing something they're not sure they can finish in time or something. Idk. The fact that we/I've been waiting for this game ever since the first teaser video makes me just happy we hear anything about the game at all.

(Just give me Noctis and his friends and KH influenced FF things pls)

If Square isn't showing anything from FFXV I'm going to hope they spend it on Tomb Raider. I need a new Tomb Raider game ;___;

Finally I can not feel guilty about pre-ordering my PS4! The time is soon to come where I can actually use the beast (have second son (beaten it) and assassins creed currently). I look forward to E3 and whats shown off.

I totally forgot about MGS5, jeez.  I can't wait until that comes out.

My PS4 literally has a layer of dust on it, I pre-ordered it and have only played a few times, mines even defective when it comes to playing blu-rays, but I love it anyways and I can't wait to abuse it like I do with my PS3 with constant gameplay ^^

I want to see news for KH3 and I am not really sure but I hope they announce for Dark Cloud 3, but don't get your hopes up when you see that game title hahaha (I am not sure if that was a April fool joke at a time.)

Sony won in the press conference battle, but Microsoft didn't do bad at all... actually they kinda made me want to buy an Xbone for that Master Chief Collection, not gunna lie. Really great E3 so far, and I'm not really that pisssed off with the lack of KH3 or FFXV because this is E3 and it is in the US... There is obviously better conventions (like TGS) to show off Japanese games.

My top 3 games so far that I want are; The Order: 1886, Batman Arkham Knight, and MGSV: The Phantom Pain with Farcry 4 being really close. Also Creed looked great from the stuff I saw.

I was personally quite disappointed with Sony :( The only thing they offered that impressed me were The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4. I didn't watch the conference as it was in the middle of the night for me but I reviewed the highlights, and well, Microsoft DID have Tomb Raider and AC Unity :P Not that Microsoft's conference was great, it hit the wrong spots plenty of times but in general I was more impressed about what I saw there.

Speaking of AC Unity, I'm not convinced this is going to be a very good game, because the modern day timeline story has basically stopped (AC4 was kind of eh anyway) and out of 4 men I was hoping we'd at least be able to have 1 woman in the Brotherhood.

I can't believe there used to be a time where I was ready to buy anything Assassins Creed at day one. From the looks of Unity it seems like zero of what I find the core problems have been addressed; the game will be surely stretched to oblivion with almost Word Of Warcraft-esque fetch quests, combat is still easy beyond belief, stealth remains essentially broken due to no proper mechanics, no crouching no cover system no nuffin... oh and it looks like it's the same fucking game still sans the novelty of ship battles. I was really engaged in the story too until 3 after which I found it impossible to give a damn anymore. 

Division was disappointing with the assault rifle combat reminding me of Lost Planet a little, but the new Rainbow Six look'd like fun despite the classic E3 Trailer syndrome so I expect the visuals to get a sudden downgrade in the following months.

Hardline looks kewl. New cod looks dumb and it has a wallhack lazer gun lawl

Far Cry 4 I'm sure will be great. 

Also yay to new Mass Effect, Tomb Raider and Dead Rising 3 on PC

GTA V HD version already game of the year 

AcBIEnz.gif

Didn't they talk bout LittleBigPlanet 3? Why is no oen talking about that? LittleBigPlanet was a breath of fresh air when it came, and  a fantastic game. LittleBigPlanet 2 was an instant classic and one of the very, very few 10/10 games after 1995, and from what I heard LittleBigPanet 3 looks like it may top the second installment in the series. From what I was told it seemed like they were staying true to the LBP universe, yet managed to move on, just like they did with the second game.

LittleBigPlanet is one of those games that's always a hit. Alone both on single and multiplayer, with your brother, with your gilfriend, with a bunch of guys, and probably with your son/daughter. Brilliant games!

I feel like I am the only one overzealous about No Man's Sky, my god. I'd buy a second console for just that game because I haven't seen anything more beautiful in a looooong time.

Also, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Farcry 4, Mass Effect 4, Halo 5, and a whole lot of other things. I can't wait for 2015.

I watched everything live and i thought Microsoft was the best one. Just because they concentrated on games and only games (ofc thats only because they went so bad last year i know).

Ea was just boring as hell and Ubisoft was a usual ubisoft press conference, really entertaining.

And Sony... i would say it was pretty equal to the Microsoft one. It was actually better than the Microsoft one in the beginning but then the whole TV , movies, other shit, began in the middle of it and i was bored as hell. cant believe they used half a hour for stuff that got microsoft almost killed last year. I watched a stream with two commentators and they were just speechless over that part.i liked that playstation tv device though. cheap.

If you only care for "surprises" the microsoft one was way better. Sony had like nothing suprising at all. That was really unexpecting, because they normally offer some cool stuff. Uncharted was known before and only shown like 15 seconds or so lol and dont understand how people can be excited about GTA V and Last of Us . Of course thats stuff that people want, but i wouldnt love a press conference because they showed remastered stuff.

The Order looks boring as hell so far. Ofc the graphics are really nice, but wtf is with that gameplay? you shoot like few times and then cutscene again? i hope its not entirely like that.
Overall there was really much rendered trailers instead of real gameplay.

Hightlights? Really hard one this time.

- AC Unity (because its on a mainland again and i hated the whole sea stuff in 3 and 4. The gameplay in the ubisoft conference looked awesome, but its ubisoft so im not going to believe it till i play it myself. also seemed like it was a little bit more difficult to fight, at least with semi special guys)
- Dragon Age and the Witcher Gameplay
- Master Chief collection is a cool idea. helps to wait till halo 5
- Excited for Destiny
- Rainbow Six looked really cool, always liked that series (except for Vegas 2)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer
- (Bloodborne) in brackets because you couldnt really see much about it
- and Sunset Overdrive might be fun.
- always crying over lack of jrpgs

hopes for next year
last guardian lol

@ sai did you watch both AC unity videos? microsoft had one and ubisoft offered another gameplay.

EDIT; also cant believe sonys "free to play is really important to us and the ps4 needs to be the best console for it"
pls no