Tetora

How much do you follow your favorite bands? (Questionnaire)

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

Only once. I owned the regular version and bought the instrumentals-only one too.

2: Do you collect cheki or other non-music related items from bands?

Nooope but I would love to have tshirts/hoodies.

3: Follow them on Ameblo, Twitter?

Twitter!

4: Would you follow them on the street?

I would ask for a signature or a pic 

5: Dig through their trash? (Judgment-Free-Zone)

but why

6: Does Visual Kei or other forms of your musical taste influence your style or personal life?

Nope...I am pretty ordinary, both fashion-wise and lifestyle-wise lol

7: Desire to move or visit Japan influenced by music?

Yeah i wanna visit japan and see lots of bands.

8: Do you read dirt-sheets of bands, like rumours, gossip, etc...?

yes i love gossiping with my main hoe @emmny

9: Ever fantasize about being friends with band members? (JFZ)

not rly

10: Do you want to be in a Visual Kei band (or any other kind of band)?

no

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

I do sometimes, but I really try to avoid it and just get the version with the most songs. It's too expensive to buy multiple types of stuff all the time.

Not really. Sometimes I buy T-shirts if I find them at a reasonable price. Once at a live I bought a totally useless towel... And of course I like CDJapan bonuses if I can get them. But for the most part I'd rather spend money on the actual music. 

I follow a lot of band members on Twitter. But I don't get on there very often and when I do I can't understand most of what they say, I just look at the pictures they post...

Not follow, no. If they didn't look busy I'd probably tell them they were doing an awesome job, if I felt brave enough. But I wouldn't want to invade their privacy. 

5: Dig through their trash? (Judgment-Free-Zone)

ba3247ccdba73628ed58e811e7e03abc.jpg

Jk, no, that would be nasty

6: Does Visual Kei or other forms of your musical taste influence your style or personal life?

A bit. I buy some low key VK style clothes here and there, but I don't really pull off the look that well. 

Definitely. I dream of visiting Japan and buying CDs from actual stores, and therefore not having to pay shipping fees.

Occasionally, sometimes for the lolz or when I come across something of interest.

9: Ever fantasize about being friends with band members? (JFZ)

Sure, some of them might be really fun people to be friends with. 

Nah, I have no musical talent.

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

I do buy, but I rarely buy multiple versions of stuff, if ever.

Guitar picks and shirts... but only if the design pleases me.

I follow several official twitter accounts but that's mostly it.

I would greet them, if anything. 

Ew.

6: Does Visual Kei or other forms of your musical taste influence your style or personal life?

Some of the work I do probably shows some influence here and there but I wouldn't say my clothing or style are too subjected to it.

Among other stuff, yes. Visit only, though.

Yeah, it's fun sometimes.

I can't imagine myself speaking japanese, so no.

I don't have the kind of creativity and skillset to write, play or perform any kind of musical act... I wish I could but not the case. If I could I would not go for a VK band. I don't think westeners can do that kind of stuff with the same effect. Doesn't suit me either.

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases?

No, I usually buy the version with the most songs. PVs aren't as attractive a bonus to me.

Pretty much no but sometimes I might buy a shirt.

Nope.

Haha like stalk? Nahhhh but I'd probably try to get a photo with them or something.

Neup.

I'd say definitely. My clothing style, the way I act to an extent, all visual stuff.

Definitely. I want to visit Japan someday to see some bands.

No.

Nope.

Heck yes. I wanna be the front man, screaming and running around, pumping up the crowd, doing wierd stuff like throwing eggs into the crowd or bleeding fake blood.

1: Do you buy multiple versions of releases, or buy at all? (Judgement-Free-Zone)

I do my best to buy whichever CDs are in my favor from them. 

I do collect cheki but not on a serious level.

Twitter, yes. 

No

No

I guess you could say it influenced my personal life because one of my favorite bands got me started on playing the drums.

No

No

Not friends but being a student if they were a teacher, sure. 

As of recently I've had a-lot of thoughts about being in a visual-kei band and I wouldn't turn down the option if it was given to me. I'd gladly be the drummer of a VK band whether they're major or indie it doesn't matter to me.

yep, but only for megamasso, or some exceptions (like shounenki), and ofc if the band is active. For others active bands, I prefer to buy full albums or EP (D, MEJIBRAY). If the band has disbanded, I will choose the best-of in priority (or, in the case of Lin, the b-sides compilations, so I don't have to hunt for out of print singles to gather all the b-sides) or completing my collection if I can, with used cds ofc.

No. I used to own several poster of megamasso (an Avex thing, a giant poster) but I thrown everything in the bin. Before that, back in 2007, I used to buy things via Lj like a tons of flyers, I even bought a LiZ towel lmao. Today I'm just not interested in these things besides music (so no cheki, the trading cards stays in the cd case, etc).

I follow them on twitter (megamasso and shounenki), even if I don't understand japanese xD. And D on facebook, even if I have MH for keeping me updated ofc.

A big no.

No. If they do shit I will speak about dat mess. And I'm against the "I don't like this record but it's [insert band] so... it's great!" policy (I read it all the time, what a desolation).

No, jdc.

I would love to ofc, to see megamasso one day would be a dream come true; but I'm afraid I will not for reasons (money, ..). :///

I read it on tanuki, but I don't care (and I'm not interested in the first place: I mean, what my favourites do with their dicks engage only them. I find it already gross to share your personal experience on forums like that....).

I haven't really think about that tbh.

holy crap no xD

No, I only buy the version with the most songs. I don't buy live DVDs either, because I don't really want to spend time watching a performance or a PV because I can't really multitask if I do that. With that said, if there are different songs for different versions I would probably buy all of them. 

No, not sure how to get them overseas, although I might if I knew how. I do have a couple posters. If I went to one of their lives I would definitely pick up some merchandise.

No, only on Facebook. I don't have a Twitter account. 

I might ask for an autograph or a photograph.

No (I'm not sure what this means)

Yes, it is the only thing I listen to and some of the songs make me look at society in a critical way since I don't really keep up with the news otherwise. 

Yes! I would at least want to watch a live in Japan even if I can't move there.

No, it has never crossed my mind and I wouldn't know where to look. 

9: Ever fantasize about being friends with band members? 

No.

No, I am happy just listening to it. 

I have different levels of fandom, so I have bands I'd probably be concidered to be obsessed about, then there's the ones I follow/listen to. If it's bands I'm obsessing about or members sideprojects I buy them all! and also sometimes I have 2 of the same so I can keep one in mint and open and listen to one. Then there's bands I just buy the releases I really like.

Yes! I buy it all, from chekis to stickers, photos, you name it (again, this only goes for my favorite bands, but I do have one or 2 chekis or photos with bands I just enjoy aswell)

Of course~

If I saw them I probably would. I'd probably be too shy to say anything though:P I won't say which band but I accidentally got a members homeaddress and I concidered going there just to see how he lives last time I was in Japan, but then I ended up not going. Mostly because I felt like I don't want to scare him if he'd see me there and also I realised that's taking it a bit too far.

Közi is one of my obsessions, and I went to one of his "talk" events last year. This took place at a tiny bar and during the event he smoke and drank so when he left after the event I was very close to picking up one of his left over, burnt cigarettes but I didn't... that's the closest I've got to digging up peoples trach and I'd not go further :P even I have limits.

If by style you mean clothes, then maybe but not very obviously.My personallife I'd say it has. Because of visual kei and my favorite bands I began studying japanese which also led me to going there several times and experience lots more than just music (and having a bachelor degree in japanese studies). I'd say it changed my life.

Yes, (see above), but like I mentioned VK might have draged me to japan which made me realise japan is a very beautiful and amazing country,but it's not enough to make me want to live there. So the reason I'd like to live in Japan isn't because the music, maybe a tiny bit, but because of their amazing culture. I just love it.

not much, I try and stay out of contact with other fans. I've met/talked to some very interesting people thanks to forums etc, but mostly I have bad experiences with other fans. I like to keep my fandom to myself.

Yes, but it depends on the band/musician. I follow bands and certain members I know I probably wouldn't like to know IRL and then I follow and admire those I'd like to have another relationship to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about a romantic relationship but a friendship. Some of these people I find very interesting and I'd love to be able to talk to them like I do with my friends.

No way, never even thought about it XD

>>I buy digital downloads because the physical CDs are way too expensive. I download it if they don't put it on iTunes (BandMaid) or if my interest is waning (Aldious)

>>Nada

>>Kinda pointless since so few speak English. Saki from Mary's Blood speaks fluent English so I follow her and she has replied to at least one of my tweets.

>>Suuuure, that won't set off creepy gaijin alarm bells.

>> Um, no.

>>Not at all.

>>That and so much more. My fear of flying precludes this, though.

>>Does MH count?

>>My fantasies about Aruto (Aldious), Miku (BandMaid) and Saki (MB) are not to be repeated here.

>>I'm an ugly bastard to begin with. VK won't help. I would, however, love to be in a melodic death metal band like Shadow.

I do for my most favorite bands, because that can become too expensive if I did it for every band.

No, I don't buy cheki or anything like that. Always preferred the music. I dunno... Do DVDs count? lol

I follow all my bands on twitter. I don't keep up with them religiously, but they're there lol.

No, that's called stalking.... And just weird.

No, I love their music. Not obsessed with members.

No, visual kei doesn't influence my style or personal life in any extreme way. If you saw me, you wouldn't think I like visual kei lol And I come on here a lot, so I guess sometimes it takes up my free time? lol

I would love to visit Japan and attend as many visual kei lives as I could. In regards to living there... I don't know, because I don't whether I'd like it or not lol

No, I just follow official news and tweets.

No... Have never been so obsessed with a band that I wanna befriend them lol.

No, I'm not musically inclined... and if I were, I still don't think I'd have the desire to.

No multiple versions, always regular edition, and only of stuff I already tried and liked. Exeptionally, xTRiPx and bis which I used to buy without listening to before.

Nope.

Nope. Would eventually read posts of my really really favorite artists, but I know SHIT of japanese.

Nope. Would ask for a pic, tho. If I recognized any of them of course, which I find really hard to.

Nope.

Nope. Music is music, everything else is everything else. I find quite silly to dress like what you listen to, which usually only rockers and japanese music fans use to, I never saw anyone dressed like Prince casually walking around... I'm old, I find most things silly.

Would visit for sure, and try to attend to lives of my favorit bands.

If I stumble upon, sure... Don't usually search.

Nope.

Would be nice to know how to play some of my fave songs, just for fun. Would not dress like them.

I like buy many cds, but for Plastic Tree i buy all that is possible. When I like i want all  job os Artist/band because them make this for the fans.

Depends. sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Of course, in ameblo i feel more near of life them.

No, but if i meet by coincidence i will ask to take a pic and say special things <3

Nope.

Since when i started hear jrock, I can say that is already part of my life. My style change (happen) naturally and when i stop to see and i remember references with some members of many bands. This is so awesome.

Years ago I was thinking only in live in japan to be near of my artists and go to concerts and wanted this life to me until die. Nowadays I just think in learn japanese and go to concerts in japan. About the part of visit OF COURSE, but live in japan... I prefer that this happen of way naturally like if the life want that I should live there.

No, i love the music and the artist way to music and i dont want know about the private life of my idol. In these points i respect.

No yet.

I never think about this, maybe for fun with friends only.

I definitely like to buy things when I can. I don't buy multiple versions just for the sake of it, though.

Only shirts, mostly. (and the occasional poster or whatever)

Certainly.

No, because I sure as hell wouldn't want some rando following me.

Absolutely not.

Definitely.

Visit, for sure.

Eh, occasionally, but it's not something I take seriously at all.

Sure, I suppose, in an idle way.

Sure. The musical projects I think of for myself all have visual elements in one way or another.

Gots to support the bandomens so yah

nope, too expensive.

Hell yeah, gots to follow them bandomens

I'd probs just faint from seeing them. Too intense.

Nah, why dig through someones trash when you can dig a hole in your backyard so no one will find your rarez?

Visual kei influences my life a bit, but then again it's what I'm listening to 100% of the time so yeah.

Only for the lives, nothing else. There ain't nothin else there for me anymore lol

Yeah, no.

Yeah. Don't see whats wrong with that.

Lol sign me up

It depends. If I have enough money, I'll splurge and buy all the releases, but if I'm broke (which I am 90% of the time), I won't buy any at all ;;

I wouldn't necessarily say I "collect" cheki since I only have a couple, but I DO collect flyers, I have a ton of them.

Yup, I even have notifications for a few.

No, that's just really creepy. Like, really.

Of course not, it's not that serious lmao

It has. I started wanting to wear darker colors all of a sudden, and buy chokers, and wear different colored braids and such. But I think that's a good thing. I feel more comfortable wearing more "nu goth" type of fashion than what I usually wear or used to wear in the past.

Hell yes. I'd even go as far to say that my love for Japanese music has influenced me to start learning the language and reading about the history and culture.

Yup.

I'm so happy that it says "friends" and nothing more because yes! Anything else is just....really idk and never gonna happen so why make myself upset? :'D

I have no talent but it's something to dream about. I'd definitely be a drummer so my face would be hidden whenever there was a performance.