Peace Heavy mk II

Create a Fantasy "Best Of" Album

Been toying with the idea of this thread for a while, and the fantasy tribute album thread made me want to actually do this. Tired of "Best of" albums only being comprised of "okay, I guess..." songs? Well, show them you know better!

The idea is simple enough: create your very own "Best of" album for an artist of your choice and, if you'd like, write a little blurb about why you picked the songs you did and if they cover each era nicely.

**Rules** Keep it to a minimum of 10 songs. Feel free to go down the route of multi-disc ideas (bonus points if each one is themed!), but only if the band has a large enough discography to warrant doing so. I'm not going to make up a threshold for you, but use your better judgement. For example, Buck-tick, D, and Penicillin all  have 100023402 albums so it would make sense to do that for them.

The only bands that could be excluded are bands with a very small discography (let's say less than 20 songs). There's no point in making a "best of" if it's just going to be everything they've ever made. Phantasmagoria did it like 8 times, but that doesn't mean they were right.

I'll go first:

Megaromania - 「Creative」 Aesthetic

01. Prologue & Epilogue [Prophetic Faction -the Universe-]

02. Deus [Deus]

03. Angelical Jewelry [Angelical Jewelry]

04. Idea [birth of an 「Idea」]

05. Cardinal Sin [Transparent Shine]

06. Crimson [Oath-Cross of Eternity-]

07. Distrust Labyrinth [Prophetic Faction -the Universe-]

08. Lily-幻想に覆われる空と天空の華- [Heaven's Novel-ヘヴンズノベル-]

09. A Revolving Lantern.... [A Revolving Lantern....]

10. Spell of Mystery-幻色螺旋- [Artistcal Glint]

11. Phantom to the Past [Quintessence Voyage]

12. Amethyst [Prophetic Faction -the Universe-]

13. Clear Flora [birth of an 「Idea」]

14. 神創曲 -Variant Jihad- [Phantasmagoria Cover]

15. -the Universe- [Prophetic Faction -the Universe-]

16. In Universe-魂の邂逅- [Transparent Shine]

17. Oblivious [Oblivious]

18. Apocalypse [Apocalypse]

I probably could have trimmed this track list a bit, but I wanted to give a variety of their different song styles. I was careful not to pick all of their fast-paced power metal songs ("Cardinal Sin", "Crimson", "God of Megaromania", "Sabbath", "Black Temptation", etc. can be considered more or less interchangeable) and mixed a variety of first and second lineup releases in there.

The ending is a bit lengthy, with "In Universe" and "Oblivious" being longer than 7 minutes each, but I feel like their longer "epic" songs are often overlooked. These two songs, with "A Revolving Lanturn..." and "Phantom to the Past" accurately cover their Versailles worship nicely.

"Clear Flora", "Idea", "Angelical Jewelry", "Amethyst", and "Lily" give kind of an old school feel to the mix and provide a softer balance to their typical -shredding bruh- attitude.

Lastly, I've purposely ended this mix with "Apocalypse." This song is often referred to as the song that "made them" and if someone only likes one song by these guys, "Apocalypse" tends to be the one. A song about everything ending is the one that made everything happen for them: how's that for visual irony?

^ Didn't you violate your own rule by picking more than 10 songs? Or is that supposed to be a 2-disc album?

I kinda would like to do a Lareine Best-of, mainly because I think the various collections they released didn't really nail it. But their discography is so huge, that I will need to spend some time on this. XD

But I already know that I'm totally going to ignore "Kamijo-Solo-Lareine", as if it never existed. Yup.

BEST OF THE KIDDIE: Two disk compilation album

Disc One: Good KIDDIE

1. MA★PIECE 

2. Summer Dream

3.  mr.FIREBIRD

4. SOAR

5. Elite Star+

6. CRITICAL ELEVATION

7. STEADY

8. AECADIA

9. 来世の女神 

10. BEAMING

Disc Two: Bad KIDDIE

1. Black Side

2. Doku

3. DESTINATION

4. BeMine

5. 茜射ス空、落チル影 

6. 美しきREDRUM 

7. NUTTY NASTY

8. Kanashimi no DERRINGER

9. Emit.

10. SMD

Oh I like this! let me complement with Nightmare.

Hmmm..how would they call this album today? I think I got it...

ナイトメア : 「Monumental」 - The praised Nightmare

01. The World  [The World Ruler]

02. 時分ノ花  [anima]

03. 惰性ブギー  [時分ノ花] 

04. ジャイアニズム碌  [anima]

05. Fly me to the Zenith  [GAIA ~ Zenith Side]

06. サバト  [さばと]   *Demo*

07. Rem_  [NIGHTMARE]

08. White Room  [Killer Show]

09. UGLY DUCK'S WILL  [Mimic]  

10. HATE  [ultimate Circus]

11. Errors  [scums]

12. シアン  [Libido]

13. アルミナ  [The World Ruler]

14. Lost in Blue  [Majestical parade]

15. Nazuki  [Raven Loud Speeeaker]

16. 東京傷年  [Libido]

17. Believe  [ultimate Circus] 

18. message [anima]

19. ネオテニー  [anima]

20. 13th  [believe]

This is more of a nostalgic Best-Of, since it is made out of an originally 13-track long playlist that consisted of the first songs I've heard by this band. That's not to say they're in there just for the feeling, they're in there because they're simply great and songs like The World, アルミナ, 惰性ブギー or White Room are often among those recommended for newbies anyway.

I often care about smooth transitions more than the actual content, because I believe a continuous listen experience makes a big impact. Combine this with a combination of the rockiest and cmost chilling songs this band has to offer (like message, 時分ノ花, HATE, ネオテニー or Fly me to the Zenith) and the job is well done - for me (and hopefully for others, too). So this Best-Of presents the best rocky and softer songs, without going in any of the both extremes. That's not needed anyway, because Nightmare work best in between the spectrums.

Of course the opener is the World...what else. Seriously. That's THE song that made them famous in the outside world...along with アルミナ of course.

Lycaon - Royal Sex Story

concept 1st disc make the songs softer like new lycaon, 2nd disc make metal like old.

1. red rum

2. mental#help (r-15 cover)

3. hi ame

4. The end of [Delusion]

5. Alejandro

6. Chains of collar

7. Enslavement Beauty

8. Royal Order

9. Lily

10. Cordyceps sinensis

11. The Death Game (in limited edition)

dist 2

01. FRAGILE

02. PINK MILK WITH DRUGS MY DRINK.

03. Jesus

04. I love sex. I love drugs. I love rock'n' roll

05. Number Eight.

06. MASK

07. Uragiri no Biyaku

08. kakusei

09. Mayaku

10. tsuki wa mujihi na yoru no joou

11. i'm a sick man (in limited edition)

Dolly_450.jpg 

Although Dolly has been on pause (possibly already disbanded secretly)
but I have to say 蜜 has a very unique tone out of a lot of VK bands ,
and their song's compose are very melodic ,
I heard them since their mini album シニカル クローゼット ,
it was great , especially the first song ジオラマ ネバーランド ,
absolutely blow my mind away , those jazzy funky heavy style ,
and his voice just amazing .
I like their metal hard sounds (like 春うららかな、503房 , mirror,mirage and Music's Cube)
and some of their relaxative soft stuffs too ,
I have comes up with 2 Best albums from them ,
and one is the Crazy mad metal , Speedy side of them ,
and ther other one which is more Jazzy , Relaxative .

This is completely my personal choice of their songs that I think are the BEST !!
...and why not make it more realistic with a Album Cover !?!!)

post-264-0-96116800-1391398664_thumb.jpg

Best Album Title : 漆黒のミュージックボックス~Demoniac Pulse~
Track list :
01 ジオラマ ネバーランド
(2006.07.26 シニカル クローゼット)
02 サイコフリッパー
(2006.11.01 トリコロールオペラ~鬱雪ドロップ~)
03 兎唄
(2007.02 クアトロールオペラ~星屑クロック~)
04 S.O.S
(2010.09.01 CAPSULE a.k.a. Strawberry On the Scalp from 2005.10.26 SCREEN OF INDOORS)
05 春うららかな、503房
(2008.02.06 クロゼットレター)
06 Cassis Milk
(2007.09.05 jewel's dRIP)
07 天体逃飛行
(2009.02.18 時の列車)
08 夕闇に溺れた白いバルーン
(2006.07.26 シニカル クローゼット)
07 林檎症
(2007.02.21 トリコロールオペラ~浸食ロゼッタ~)
09 mirror,mirage
(2008.09.17 HeavenwOrd)
10 Alice in Dizzypit
11 1999-Last Judgement-
(2010.09.01 CAPSULE)
12 Music's Cube
(2011.03.30 ムーンライトディスコ)

post-264-0-34011900-1391398676_thumb.jpg

Best Album Title : 純白のミュージックボックス~Paradisiac Pulse~
Track list :
01 鬱雪ドロップ
(2006.11.01 トリコロールオペラ~鬱雪ドロップ~)
02 サクラ式飴缶
03 時の列車
(2009.02.18 時の列車)
04 Vertigo
(2010.09.01 CAPSULE)
05 Pumpkin carriage parade
(2006.01.13 会場限定Single)
06 オレンジ
(2008.02.06 クロゼットレター)
07 SCRAP BULLET [7DAYS]
(2006.07.26 シニカル クローゼット)
08 $ゲーム
(2008.06.25 JULIET)
09 Is Atlas
(2012.10.10 トロイメライ)
09 流星群-Shooting Star-
(2011.03.02 流星群-Shooting Star-)
10 水彩パレット
(2007.02.21 トリコロールオペラ~水彩パレット~)
11 クロゼットレター
(2008.02.06 クロゼットレター)
12 花唄
(2008.03.09 主催tour「アリスメティックビスケット」tour final 単独公演「D-Pocket」限定販売音源「花唄」)

Mine is for the Visual Kei band, D.  My best of list merely contains my personal favorite songs, without other considerations.

1. Yami Yori Kurai Doukoku no Acapella to bara yori akai jounetsu no aria

2. Gate to the Sky

3. Der Konig Der Dunkelheit

4. Angelic Blue

5. Dearest You

6. Akumu Kurai

7. Ouka Saki Some ni Keri

8. Sleeper

9. Gikyou Souden

10. Neo Japanesque

Mainly for me Yami Yori~ is number one because it was one of the first songs I heard by them and I still listen to it all the time.  Gate to the Sky takes second for me because I heard Yami Yori~ right before it, and thought it had an excellent opening to a song. Gate to the Sky's opening is even better to me, and I was amazed.  The third favorite is Der Konig Der Dunkelheit for the gothic melody of the music. The track is great, completely solid and the PV is pretty awesome to boot.

The other 7, I won't rant on about.  They're all great tracks to me, and I listen to them all quite frequently. The last 7 are in no particular order, but I do love them each very much.

Edit: I know my posting doesn't follow the exact ordering of the thread, sorry.  I plan on posting another one more fleshed out sometime soon.

I only need 8 songs as they would combine to almost 120 mins

Versailles - Symphony of Versailles

1) History Of The Other Side

2) God's Palace -Method Of Inheritance-

3) Love From the Dead Orchestra

4) Prince

5) Princess

6) Created Beauty

7) Faith and Decision

8) The Revenant Choir (extended Hizaki solo)

The first 3 songs is a solid 30 mins of classic Versailles symphonic metal as well IMO it would also sound like a story with the way I arranged the song order along with the other songs. My favourite release by Versailles is probably the prince and princess maxi single. It always felt like a story after finishing listening to them straight but felt the ending is too abrupt. Created Beauty is a wonderful song that has a climatic character in it and pairs nicely with Faith and Decision. And the typical ending of Revenant Choir should be a great way to end but there is a segment in there where I have heard Hizaki put on an improvised solo like 3 different times. I think if he can put a final solo act in that segment, it would be a great ending song.

DIAURA BEST 2CD package. Disc 1 would feature their singles as well as some other really good songs from their main discography. Disc 2 would feature remastered rare songs, and the "endless loop" cover, because I couldn't think of a 17th rare song. I chose to do a rarities compilation as disc 2 because they have so many rare tracks, and they're some of DIAURA's best songs. One concern when picking out all the songs and arranging them was making sure that both discs would flow well, like real albums and not just compilations.

DISC 1: DIAURA BEST
01. 胎動
02. TERRORS
03. Code:0
04. Lily
05. Imperial “CORE” (with C.O.R.E. intro)
06. 残月の灯
07. SIRIUS
08. 砂上の夢
09. 赤い虚像
10. 禁示録
11. MASTER
12. Lost November
13. TRIGGER
14. Reason for Treason
15. Whiteness
16. The Redemption
17. to ENEMY

DISC 2: DIAURA BEST ~RARE~
01. endless loop
02. World End
03. 失翼の聖域 (2011 Demo Version)
04. Beautiful Creature
05. [beautiful Creature Intro]
06. カオスプレイ
07. 届かぬ手紙 (2011 Version)
08. Ms. Psycho
09. cult
10. If
11. メビウスリング
12. an Insanity (Demo Version)
13. Lost November (Acoustic Version)
14. melt
15. DOGMA
16. 自壊
17. Judgement (2012 Demo Version)

I split it between singles and album tracks because there's no way to narrow it down to one disc and when I have a best-of compilation on I either skip all the big singles, since I already know them, or I replay the singles over and over again, since I'm just getting into the band.

32 songs total, and I'm still leaving out so many of my favourites...

Best of GLAY

Hits/singles:

Manatsu no Tobira

Apologize

Soul Love

Winter, again

However

Answer ft. Kyosuke Himuro

Way of Difference

Yuuwaku

Ikiteku Tsuyosa

Koko de wa nai, dokoka e

Global Communication

Itsuka

Dark River

Beautiful Dreamer

Hitohira no Jiyuu (live)

Freeze My Love

Album Tracks/B-sides, etc.:

All Standard is You

Runaway Runaway

Two Bell Silence

Kimi ga Mitsumeta Umi

Fighting Spirit

Fairy Story

The Birthday Girl

Rosy

Koukai

Cynical

Shikina

Coyote, Colored darkness

Blast

Minamigocchi (live)

Shitto

I'm in Love (live)

Mine a bit nostalgic.

Noir fleurir - 美しく咲く黒い華

00. Toki no mukuro yori no prologue

01. Ferrique

03. Clock'work fairy

04. SABBAT

05. Shiseru hana (THE DEAD SEEDS)

06. Omocha no MIISHA

07.Gin'iro basha

08. STYLE

09. Tokei no mukogawa

10. Shiseru tsubomi

11. Shout of the Soul

12. Shiseru tsubomi

13. Yami no tougyuushi

14. Shiseru tane

I wanted to add an intro to this Best Of to get the feeling you are entering Noir fleurir's world. I left Shiseru tane to the end because that song is like an anthem, one of their most known songs, plus you can do the coreography and finish listening to this Best Of with a smile^^

Olé!!

(First 100 people to buy the album get a keyholder with a picture of the band on one side and their favourite Noir fleurir's member on the other side for free).

凛 -the end of corruption world-

.:Phase I:.

01. Silent to my Pain

02. Flowers Bloom

03. Fall...

04. Feeling Universe

05. Gasp for Breath

06. Fell Asleep

07. The Ins and Outs

08. From the End...

09. Imaginary Lover

10. Lovers ~ラヴァーズ~

11. Slander Crime

12. Come out of your shell

In honor of Phantasmagormania releasing their first single soon, I've made a collection album for first period Lin. Not sure what their second period will bring, but from the looks of it people really liked 30 seconds of their music video sample leaps and bounds more than their actual discography lololol

凛 have always been a topic of controversy: from fake retirements, to fake pictures, to awkwardly stumbling to try to find themselves while still roping in the remaining fans of Phantasmagoria that haven't moved on to less weeb pastures, they've more or less had it rough since their 2nd single. Even some of the band members have expressed frustration with this band not quite reaching (okay, not reaching at all) the same success past endeavors have provided. 

I have had a love / hate relationship with this band. I originally became frustrated that they started off genuinely mediocre, aside from their very first song, and remained as such for the rest of their activity with a handful of gems buried within every other release. Now that they've been on break, I'm finding that I like songs that I used to dislike when they came out. I'm not sure if that's a result of a change in taste or if I just stopped having expectations so I'm never disappointed: who knows? 

What I do know is 凛 are not as genuinely awful as a lot of people felt they were. While their ratio of cringe-worthy-to-really-nice is not where it should be, they do have their moments. My collection here is actually mostly made up of their calmer songs. Some have the typical melodramatic Kisaki synth, others are just pleasant melodic rock songs, and some sound a bit too much like Laputa (#shotsFired). "Fall...", "Silent to My Pain", and "凛" are really their only harder songs I liked: the rest aren't worth mentioning imo. If you kind of liked some of their songs but just gave up on them, I'd suggest trying out some of the ones I've weeded out for you and see if that makes it any better for you.

So I tried my best with doing something unusual this time: non-single best-of for Kiyoharu ,considering that he has already shit-tons of solo singles (as you might guess already) and his non-single tracks need some respect too -  there might be some live-limited singles here but they don't count as "actual singles" in my book this time, when it comes to him...

KIYOHARU

THE WINDS OF ETERNITY 

DISK 1 [ZEPHYRUS]

1. Eien no Kaze (imaginary new, "epic" song - considering that it's a trend to release "best-of only" songs too, lol)

2. ROOM [MELLOW]

3. Yesterday [uNDER THE SUN]

4. confusion [FOREVER LOVE]

5. Emerald [Vinnybeach ~kakuu no kaigan~]

6. my love -version2- [slow]

7. JUDIE [uNDER THE SUN]

8. Kagerou [Aibu]

9. arizona [Kimi no koto ga]

10. Allow [FOREVER LOVE]

11. REVOLVER [Poetry]

12. ALIEN MASKED CREATURE [Layra]

13. SLIDER [Mellow]

DISK 2 [EURUS]

1. Hikari [Light ~saw the light and shade~]

2. CROW [Kurutta Kajitsu]

3. Tatta Hitori [madrigal of decadence]

4. Sora [Light ~saw the light and shade~]

5. MELANCHOLY (long version) [Carnation]

6. pledge [Light ~saw the light and shade~]

7. YOU [DARLENE]

8. ALICE [uNDER THE SUN]

9. Niigatsu [Poetry]

10. I KNOW [madrigal of decadence]

11. Innocent [madrigal of decadence]

12. Mado [Rinne]

13. Hikousen (imaginary, rerecorded version)

the first disc - as the title might imply - has "warmer", more upbeat tracks; while the second disc lives up to its title too by having "colder", calmer tracks.

I intentionally included some of his frequently played b-sides too - they are quite cool and need to be released together tbqh.

UNiTE.  -  U & i -永遠に- 

01. melt into UNiTE. [uNiTE.]

02. Yakusoku (約束)  [Yakusoku]

03. 失望エミュレイター (Shitsubou Emulator) [MEANiNG] 

04. small world order [small world order]

05. scenes [Ai]

06. わすれもの (Wasuremono) [Wasuremono]

07. レヴ (Rev) [ レヴ / ice]
08. Kud' [STARTiNG OVER'S]

09. ice [ レヴ / ice]
10. FCW [Ai]

11.色即是空 -イロスナワチコレソラナリ-  (Shikisokuzekuu -Irosunawachi Kore Sora Nari-)
12. Eniver [uNiTE.]  

I decided to make an essential MUCC collection. Indies. Major. Singles. B-sides. Rarez. 3 discs for you listening pleasure, mostly because they change so much over time that it's kind of impossible to just make a 10 song mix and feel like I got them across properly. I did weed out about half of their singles and tried to pick the ones that had the most variety. I really wanted to make a 4th disc with fan live favorites but maybe that's a fantasy mix for another time. haha. 

The 3 discs definitely have themes. First is current and very recent popular singles. An expansion on their current sound (since we're targeting new listeners I guess). Second disc is demos and early major era. Back when their sound was distinctly different. And the 3rd is little goodies from old live staples to memorial and disaster relief songs... and some killer b-sides.

Anyway here we go.

MUCC - 「銀河-Galaxy-」

Disc 1: 太陽-Sun-
01. Gerbera [Gokusai]
02. Ryuusei [Gokusai]
03. Fuzz [shion]
04. Libra [shion]
05. Ageha [Kyuutai]
06. Sora to Ito [Kyuutai]
07. Freesia [Karma]
08. Falling Down [Karma]
09. ARCADIA Featuring Daishi Dance [shangri-La]
10. NIRVANA [shangri-La]
11. HALO [THE END OF THE WORLD]
12. ENDER ENDER [END OF THE WORLD]

Disc 2: 月-Moon-

01. Tsubasa wo Kudasai

02. Aka

03. Zetsubou [Homura Uta]

04. Mae e [Homura Uta]

05. Ware, Arubeki Basho [Zekuu]

06. Kugatsu mikka no kokuin [Zekuu]

07. Rojiura Boku to Kimi e [Kuchiki no Tou]

08. Monokuro no Keshiki [Kuchiki no Tou]

09. Ame no Orchestra [Houyoku]

10. Saishuu Ressha [Houyoku]

11. Yuubeni [6]

Disc 3: 星々-Stars-

01. Robert no Theme

02. Kokoiro [Horizont]

03. Kanashii Hanashi [Flight]

04. Chain Ring [Fuzz]

05. Rakuen [Freesia]

06. Diorama

07. Isora [Yakusoku]

08. Akatsuki

09. Negative Dancer [MOTHER]

10. Balus [NIRVANA]

11. Monopoly [ENDER ENDER]

Bonus Track

12. Niwaka Ame session feat. La Vie En Rose (Shinjuku Loft 2006.08.01)

We are BEARSIGHS

CRSO_HnUcAAKWH1.png

01. Aristocrat's Symphony

02. Rose

03. Masquerade

04. Love from A Dead Orchestra

05. The Red Carpet Day (2012 Ver.)

06. Truth

07. To the Chaos Inside

08. Suzerain

09. God Palace -Method of Inheritance-

10. Umbrella of Glass

11. Dry Ice Scream -Remove Silence-

12. The Revenant Choir (2007 ver)

13. Zombie

14. Princess -Revival of Church-

15. Desert Apple

16. Beast of Desire

17. Sympathia (don't actually like this song, but like, it's going to have to be on there)

平一洋 -the best of :compilation-

description: 平一洋/てんてん's best songs from his bands.

[Disc 1] (MBHI)

1. 殺して山に埋めたい

2. 嗚咽

3. 汚染区域

4. REAPER MIMIC

5. 目覚める2分前

6. 薄明光線

7. PreDatoR

8. 青空ギロチン

[Disc 2] (CPS)

1. In my Dream

2. Shoot myself in the head