paradoxal

Common song/album names in VK

I might just go and break the borders by saying that "Spica" has been used a lot in J-music scene. 

Also: "Freesia" (Girugämesh, Laputa, Mucc, Penicillin...) and "Pierrot/Piero" (Pierrot, Lycaon, Kameleo... I am not sure if someone mentioned it already). And the word "Kodoku" (loneliness) can be seen in many occasions (vk-wise Dir en grey, Rentrer en Soi, Lost Ash, Panic Channel, Kein...etc.).

Not to mention that this "Romance of.../...(of) Romance" - titling is kinda familiar sight to me when it comes to vk though. I might be wrong but you can already imagine some examples, heh.

Gallows - Nightmare, Lynch, 12012, Alice Nine and the GazettE has a song Gabriel on the Gallows.  Think there is more but I can't remember.  

I might just go and break the borders by saying that "Spica" has been used a lot in J-music scene. 

Might just request OP (even if it sounds like a bad idea, idk) to change the topic title from "vk" to "J-rock" (I suppose), seeing as the whole J-music scene in general shares many common titles - a case in point:

"Stay Gold" - Buck-Tick, Rentrer en Soi, Utada Hikaru, Spyair, Aqua Timez, EXILE, Steady & Co., ZIGGY, Mari Hamada, Nana Mizuki, Flow, Hi-Standard, V6, Shonan no Kaze

"Solitude" - Lareine, KinKi Kids, Akina Nakamori, Miki Imai, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Ringo Shiina (Kodoku no Akatsuki's intl. title) etc.

"Tsumi to Batsu" - Dir en grey, Ringo Shiina, Acid Black Cherry, THE HIGH-LOWS, Shunsuke Kiyokiba etc.

"Kamiuta/Kami-uta" - The Mad Capsule Markets, Kaggra,, Phantasmagoria, Mayumi Morinaga etc. (kanjis vary, but the meaning is pretty much all the same, I guess?)

...and I think I will let the others continue my list :) (sorry for being overenthusiastic!)

天/Ten/Heaven also come up a lot in my songs.
the GazettE have at least two titles with heaven in them. Buck-Tick also have a couple, Alice Nine, Gackt, Mejibray, NoGoD (also more than one when you search english and kanji versions of the same word), Schwarz Stein, 9Goats Black Out... and I'm sure tons more.

There are countless songs titled "星に願いを" (Hoshi ni negai wo).

Some I can rmb offhand are by 176BIZ, Royz, Guild, rice, flumpool, Gackt, Nightmare, Tokyo Shitei, HERO.

I guess it's a common title outside vk too though, so no surprises there XD

Endroll / End Roll / エンドロール / ect.

Found quite a few of these in my library, Lament., The 3rd Birthday, Dali, -OZ-, Novelis, Rosario, Nega, HeaRt, Eat You Alive, Jils, LuLu. This one isn't even really just vk, it's jpop and japanese music on the whole use this title a lot.

Also 世界の終わり / セカイノオワリ / Sekai no owari / End of the world / Ect.

MUCC, Monolith, Megamasso (のジェリーフィッシュ), Crazy★shampoo, R指定, VanessA, X Japan...

溺れる魚 (Oboreru Sakana) - Dadaroma, Sadie, Mucc, Deadman, Ghost

Apparently there is something edgy about talking about a drowning fish.

I've stumbled across quite a lot of identical song titles. Here are some off the top of my head.

Raison D'etre Dir En Grey, Nightmare, Deadman

Freesia - Girugamesh, MUCC

Rakujitsu - 9Goats Black Out, Marusa

Hydrangea - Kaya, Inoran, SID (Ajisai)

This has always really amused me lol, and it's not even just VK, there's certain song titles that are just everywhere.

Memento Mori - Deathgaze, Buck-Tick, Sugar, Aqua Timez, Mr. Children, ワン★スター, etc.

Songs just called "Rain" - Luna Sea, Sid, Glay, Silver Rose, Back-On,  Buck-Tick, etc.

The first recurrent titles that come to my mind are "Aqua" by 12012 & RENTRER EN SOI and "蜷局" [toguro] by DEG & the GazettE! There may be other songs with this name but I don't know/recall them...

Edit: oh right, the number 13! It's my favorite number, how could I forget lol

Albums: 13's reborn - Girugamesh, 13 - SADS

Songs: 13Stairs[-1] - the GazettE, 13 monsters - Pay money To my Pain (even though they're not vk), 13 - D'espairsRay, 13月の夢見丘 - D

The "mugen" thing ("夢幻", "夢限", "無幻", "無限"; the first and the second ones being the most and the less common, respectively).

These are the songs of bands I like I can remember now:

· "夢幻 鳳影" ("Mugen houyou"), by Kiryu,

· "夢幻 ~electric Eden~" ("Mugen ~electric Eden~") and "無限 の 花" ("Mugen no hana"), by A9.

Doing a little search, found these:

· "「夢」 ~ムゲン ノ カナタ~" ("'Yume' ~mugen no kanata~), by ViViD, this one written in katakana,

· " ループ" ("Mugen loop"), by heidi., this one using the infinity symbol,

· "夢幻" ("Mugen"), by Buck-tick,

· "夢幻 泡影" ("Mugen houyou"), by Onmyouza and Vivalet,

· "夢幻 回帰 ("Mugen kaiki"), by Devil kitty,

· "無限 ループ ("Mugen loop") (another one), by Chanty,

· "無限" ("Mugen"), by Akai sky (not visual kei nor japanese, lel).

Edited by IGM_Oficial

There's さえずり(Saezuri) too. One of my fav MoNoLith and Sel'm songs.

And Raison D'etrê by MUCC, Dir en Grey, Nightmare.

And Vermillion, by girugamesh, Nightmare

Edited by Jiyun