Trombe

Ruellia will re-form & new album release

^ ahahah nice joke, buddy! XD

Recording is better, Iria's voice is better, song is better. Only thing i prefer on the original is maybe the guitar solo. I'm glad both songs exist but this new one seems better to me. Their old songs aren't untouchable you know. A lot of them were very poor quality even for 90s vk. So i think its great that they're re-recording some of their older songs. 

Recording is better, Iria's voice is better, song is better. 

AHHAHAHA STAP IT PLZ XDDDDDD seriously, you just made me spit out my tea on keyboard :'D

but if you really think so... okay then :v

I don't like the new version either. I find all of the changes they made questionable and the "improved" production really takes away the magical quality the original had, which is why I'm not too big on the idea of an album full of remade songs when it's Ruellia. In my opinion Ruellia did the Lo-fi right and a lot of their character came from their casette hiss and atmosphere created by the production, but now that it's clearer, their sloppy musicianship is exposed in a bad way. That thing that replaced the solo is just fucking terrible and the prominent piano sux. 

The new song is alrite, though the generic vk intro gives off bad vibes. I'll try to sit on it for a while before making a judgement though, since one tends to hold new tracks under more scrutiny than something that would already have been in their back-catalog - especially if it's some old band making a comeback ( which that has been surprisingly good so far ).  

I liked the Anata no Tsumi and Re:stray (although, I've only listened to Ruellia once, so everything is new to me).

I will say, though, trying to do an old-school pv with modern technology really has absolutely no charm whatsoever. 

All i can say is i don't know what you people were expecting when they announced this. It sounds good and i think they've captured the atmosphere of old vk really well. I don't understand why people are so critical of anything new and act as if their old songs are perfect little gems and nothing can be done to improve them. I've heard bands pull off the whole "Lo-fi" thing better too, Madeth gray'll and Misery come to mind. 

they have clarified that Dr.&Gt.水琉夢(mirume) is combined name of Dr.水琉(miru)(ex-QROSS-->Lanus Dune) & Gt.氷夢(hyoume), and thus there are 2 persons in photo, and he has cited Dragon Ball "ピッコロ大魔王(piccolo daimaou)" as example for such combined name

btw they have mentioned their various songs in their blog as follows:

・貴女の罪
・Maliciously voice
・黒い華
・Fate of Claustrophobia
・首切
・神殺し
・iDea
・W-CROSS
・腐廃人
・Punishment
・涙彩の花束
・Re:stray
・終わらない世界

I must say that I was really surprised when they announced their revival, especially since (I always assumed) that they were not a very popular band back in their days. But they seem to pull-off their revival better than a lot of band actually would.

Gt.テルマ(teruma)(緊縛少女(kinbakushoujo)) has joined Ruellia at 2014/06/03, and Gt.氷夢(hyoume) has been "sealed inside 水琉夢(mirume)" after then

btw each of their members is responsible for blog-posting of each weekday as follows:

Sunday - BBD(staff)
Monday - Ba.AZUMI
Tuesday - Vo.イリア(iria)
Wednesday - Dr.水琉(miru)
Thursday - Gt.氷夢(hyoume)-->Gt.テルマ(teruma)
Friday - Dr.猟奇(ryouki)
Saturday - Gt.糾(azana)

their live-distributed single (title not yet finalized) will be released at their free live at Ikebukuro CYBER at 2014/07/20

their original member Gt.刃霧(hagiri) will re-join the band at their live at Urawa Narciss at 2014/09/13, at which they will play their new song "image of the chaos"

Ruellia current line-up:
Vo.イリア(iria)
Gt.糾(azana)
Gt.テルマ(teruma)
Gt.刃霧(hagiri)
Ba.AZUMI
Dr.猟奇(ryouki)
Dr.水琉(miru)

btw they are now shooting "終わらない世界(owaranai sekai)" & "image of the chaos" PV

release of their full album "Ruellia~全ての華に捧ぐ(subete no hana ni sasagu)~" will be postponed to early 2015

their live-distributed single "残響トリガー(zankyou trigger)"+DVD will be released at their live at Urawa Narciss at 2014/10/26, which is described as "representative song of Ruellia new groove"