Sign in to follow this  
Wonrei

mysterious band "sukekiyo"

yeah, by the setlists they didn't even play daemon's cutlery (the song we just listened to). the sets were probably acoustic only and have that folk atmosphere. I mean, deg has some varied range of songs on their albums, why wouldn't kyo's side band have it too?

SUGIZO TOUR 2013「THRIVE TO REALIZE」 

2013.12.29(sun) 

SHIBUYA-AX 

SE destrudo 

1. elisabeth addict 

2. aftermath 

3. in all weathers 

rockin'on presents COUNTDOWN JAPAN 13/14 

2013.12.30(mon) 

幕張メッセ国際展示場1~8ホール 

SE destrudo 

1. elisabeth addict 

2. aftermath 

3. hemimetabolism 

4. nine melted fiction 

5. in all weathers

Very nagoya-ish titles. 

Well just in a couple of hours we all can purchase "aftermath" music clip and see if that one sounds better than that crappy deamons cutlery...

I got so excited yesterday when I read on DIR EN GREYs official site that Kyo will do a side project together with band members from RENTRER EN SOI, kannivalism and 9GOATS, like... are this happening for real? But once again maybe we should remind each other that this is a Kyo side project and there will probably be a lot of strange things going on musically. Like, we shouldn't seriously don't have too high expectations musically. I think sukekiyo is a project where Kyo can experiment and go crazy musically, in a way it's not possible with DIR EN GREY. Probably sukekiyo will be directly connected to his upcoming photo books. 

I think it's great that Kyo is making his side project completely separated from DIR EN GREY in every way, but I hope this will not take DIR EN GREY to other directions than what they should've done if sukekiyo was not formed.

this sounds like 9goats to me.

(so my opinion is similar, i always preferred deg than 9goats . i was never a big fan of their sound. the opposite
 to everyone else on this forum that loved them. i never got it at all.
 lucky 9goats fans.)

i like the music but not so much the voice
as i have said before i personally don't like high pitched voice, he is doing there

It's not really folky/ambient-y but I can see where those claims come from though. It has some of DEG, some of Kannivalism, some of RES and some of 9Goats. Ultimate combo tbqh!

^I actually get huge ambient vibes. I mean, for most of the song you can barely notice kyo is there, he is almost like another instrument. And the song is just "there", there aren't any climaxes or anything it just goes on and on. It's very ambient in those senses. And the folk vibes are specially noticeable on the "bridge" (if you can call 3:00 that). wonder how the other songs on the ep sound like

^I actually get huge ambient vibes. I mean, for most of the song you can barely notice kyo is there, he is almost like another instrument. And the song is just "there", there aren't any climaxes or anything it just goes on and on. It's very ambient in those senses. And the folk vibes are specially noticeable on the "bridge" (if you can call 3:00 that). wonder how the other songs on the ep sound like

3:47 and on would be considered the climax. The song enters and develops as fragments, and it's at this point where everything comes together. It's not bombastic. Through subtlety the music rises and comes to a close; but it's very "mellow".

i get ambient and mellow too as something i would described it lol. i was never a fan of ambient so i can't say much though

holy shit. that was beautiful .

it is beyond beauty .

it is nice to hear something melancholic and indigenous .

but yes, it could've been better if kyo would've 'controlled' using high pitch voice .

but still, i am looking very forward to this project .

That was really good in my opinion, so obscure indeed, but the soothing guitar and the whole gothic~like ambience really gets to me. Nice stuff.

Looking forward for more of their songs.

After reading all the negative comments, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hesitant to watch the PV. However I can safely say this is perhaps one of the highlights of my year; the instruments work amazing together and Kyo's singing is beautiful. He hits the high notes pretty damn well and like others have said, this ends up adding to the musical experience instead of saying "here is the vocalist and there's the music". I'm very excited to hear the upcoming EP and impressed by Kyo's decision to go for something different.

That was lovely.

And the PV was shot beautifully.

But, why does Kyo sing in such a high octave where he's not able to sing his best?

No offense but he doesn't have the best falsetto. 

Sign in to follow this