TheStoic

I'm excited to join this community!

はじめましてみなさん!

My name is Ryan, but I go by the moniker "TheStoic" as I use it in most blog/forum communities I take part in.

My love for Japanese Rock and Japanese culture originates from 2001 when I moved from the U.S. to live in Okinawa, Japan.  My best friend, whom was half Japanese-half American, introduced me to Japanese music through Arcade games, anime and manga and before you knew it, I was heading to my local Tsutaya Record Store to buy my favorite "introdcutory" artists I fist came to know and love, such as Bump of Chicken, The Blue Hearts, L'arc en Ciel, Siam Shade, Luna Sea, Hide, X-Japan, and Gackt.  However, as I started buying new CDs of artists I would see in Shoxx, Fool's Mate, and Cure magazines, I came to grow and fall in love with darker, heavier acts like Dir en grey, Mucc, D'espairsRay, and The GazettE.

Today, over half of my music library is strictly Japanese, and I have been lucky enough to see several of my favoirte acts live both in Japan and in the United States.  I have been a part of other J-Music communities before, and after reading the review section of this fourm, I saw I liked the layout, quality and discussion and have decided to join in the mix.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks for the great content here.

Welcome on the forum! :lolita_happy:

Great music taste! I hope you have a great time here! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Also, come join us in the chat for once in a while!

See you around!  :lolita_love:

You seem like an awesome person! Naturally, we're excited to have you join the community as well!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you around the forum! :D

If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to contact any of the staff members (the red and blue names)! :3

Hot shit! XD

We're really glad to have you here. Thanks for giving us that great little introduction to your Jmusic background...I think you have had experiences that many of us would be jealous of. :D

I have been a part of other J-Music communities before, and after reading the review section of this fourm, I saw I liked the layout, quality and discussion and have decided to join in the mix.

Thanks for the great content here.

You have no idea how happy that made the staff by writing that XD

Welcome to the site and would love to talk to you about Gazette and Dir en Grey those two bands I do like besides Megaromania and NeGa. 

Thank you for the warm welcome.  I look forward to participating and discussing my love for Japanese music.

@Ailin - I am also a huge fan of NeGa - their disbandment was definately a blow to my heart this past year!