Sign in to follow this  
orangetarts

Halloween Plans?

Well officially we don't have Halloween here but I guess after my classes finish that night I might do one of the following:

a ) go to a potentially terrible and ridiculous Halloween-themed J-rock/K-pop/industrial/electro party

b ) watch a horror flick, tho by the time I get home I'll prolly be too tired

c ) sleep xD

Watching non-stop horror movies that is :) (because we don't celebrate halloween here ;o)

We don't celebrate Halloween here, so I'll just stick to watching my favorite horror movies and catching up on the ones I haven't seen yet.

btw I'm doing a "movies for Halloween" thingie on my tumblr for about a week, starting today. :) You can follow it in this tag if you'd like:

http://johnny37564.tumblr.com/tagged/movies-for-halloween

Just gonna post some horror flicks that I think are nice to watch around this time of year (I'm going chronologically as you can see).

Sooo~ many stuff to choose from tho! lol

going to spend it at work, where we could dress up in costumes while taking orders to the customers. I find it odd but fuck it, edward scissorhands will do nice serving and taking orders (:

Probably just sit around eating candy and watching horror movies :v I only really started watching them last year, so I haven't even seen any of the "essentials". Any recommendations?

Probably just sit around eating candy and watching horror movies :v I only really started watching them last year, so I haven't even seen any of the "essentials". Any recommendations?

Yes you must watch Psycho 1,2,3,& 4 !!  my favorite horror movies. but seriously if your only gonna watch one of them make sure to watch the first one... It's touted as the "original" horror movie and is directed by Alfred Hitchcock who is amazing. also make sure to stay away from the 1998 remake with Vince Vaughn... It's horrible and does not do the original justice, also no one can replace Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates.

If you can though I recommend watching all four of them.

I actually saw Psycho 2 and it was kinda... not that great XD It seemed like the sort of situation where the material should have just been left alone and probably would have had Hitchcock rolling in his grave :(

I tend to like asian horror movies more. just because I like the psychological scare factor more than the whole being chased by a serial killer type thing.

Welp, I have to take a family member trick or treating for about an hour, but after that I'll probably just crash on the couch and watch some horror movies. 

I'm thinking about just watching a lot of the older movies though. (the old Jason/Michael Myers/Freddy movies etc) Since most of the  newer ones put out today bore me :x

Welp, I have to take a family member trick or treating for about an hour, but after that I'll probably just crash on the couch and watch some horror movies. 

I'm thinking about just watching a lot of the older movies though. (the old Jason/Michael Myers/Freddy movies etc) Since most of the  newer ones put out today bore me :x

You should watch old boris carloff movies. those are the shit.

When it comes to Boris Karloff these two are my absolute favorites (actually only saw one more with him other than these, lol):

- Bride of Frankenstein (imo even better than the first movie)

- Black Sabbath (an anthology of three horror stories, some really creepy shit)

^ I suggest watching the original Italian version if you can btw, at least that's the one I saw and that is considered superior...

The Italian original is considerably different from the American version released in 1964 by American International Pictures. The American version presents "The Drop of Water", then "The Telephone", ending with "The Wurdalak". In the Italian version, the sequence is "The Telephone", then "The Wurdalak", ending with "The Drop of Water". The Italian original has a different music score and has different introductory scenes involving Karloff as the narrator, some of which are tongue-in-cheek. The stories themselves are somewhat edited. The Italian version of "The Wurdalak" is slightly gorier than the US version, but the biggest difference is with "The Telephone": in its original Italian version, the segment contains a lesbian subplot that is eliminated in the English-language version by removing a couple of scenes, changing the dialogue in those that are left and reshooting a key insert shot involving a letter. As a result, the American version has been turned into a ghost story, whereas the Italian original is a non-supernatural, noirish exercise in vengeance and murder.

...not to mention the order of the stories is more effective in the Italian too, I think (going from "hmm pretty cool" to "ooh creepy" to "oh shiiiiiit" xD).

It definitely sounds a lot more interesting :'D

If I can find it somewhere, I'd probably give the Italian version a try first.

I'll have to look around for it :)

People already seemed hyped about this again everywhere (in the US, at least) - so let's bring this thread up again for the ones interested?

Personally, in the Netherlands it isn't celebrated, thus it's not a special day for me other than that my brother and Father share a birthday on this date. I am really disappointed that it's not celebrated here in any way, the only places where there's done something about it here is on the other edge of the country, so that's pointless for me. And I don't have friends, so I won't be able to organize something myself either. 

I LOVE HALLOWEEN. I grew up in Germany and there they have carnival where people dress up all cute and/ or slutty (meaning it's fucking boring) and Halloween is the time to dress up creepy. I don't want to see any fairies unless they're zombie fairies.

I'm looking forward to Halloween all year every year. \(^-^)/

Tbh I probably only love it because I like doing monster make up... and it's the only day of the year when running around like a zombie/ dead person isn't weird.

Looks like this:

Picture0852copy_zps24c2b6c0.jpgPicture0892copy_zps98be438c.jpg

I definitely need contact lenses and more latex this year

I like horror movies anyway, so I watch them fairly regularly and not just on halloween.

I really love halloween. It's one my favorite days of the year... you can dress creepy as fuck and justify your intentional trauma given to stupid humans. Ugh!. I love it all. I like the dark ambience, the horror movies on this night, free candies and hanging out with friends, and even you can appreciate the others work of their costumes 'cause some of them are really cool!. Ah... sorry, I got emotional. (?)

I think I will dress up as The Goddess Bunny.

^ Nisimaldar: Yeah! I know what you mean 'cause I feel the same way. ~

And yup, you totally would look more stunning with contact lenses (imho with white ones, or black sclera ones ~) and a little bit more of latex and blood! ~ Nice make-up tho. ^•^

I get paid before Halloween, so I could try getting myself a costume and dress up on the day before it; I don't have classes on Friday, so there ain't no point in going out that day, lol. I'll also celebrate my sister's birthday ~

The usual. Counting how many times someone'll knock on my door, which is usually none on that specific day. It's a pleasant surprise if that actually happens. Actually, more like terror with me whenever someone knocks on the door (watched too many cliché horrors), so it fits the event rather well I think ehe.

Sign in to follow this