Original Saku

Pokemon X & Y (Discussion & Coordination Thread)

I'll try to be on later when I take a break from working.

Also, in case anyone is interested, here's an image of things yet to come that have been found:

jfj1YTc.png

Arceus isn't really a spoiler. The next two are mega-Latios and Latias. The next three are the secret event pokemon that each gen has had since I think 4th, and the last are different forms of already existing pokemon. The Floette is speculated to be an event like the Spiky Eared Pichu since it was AZ's Floette. Not sure where the other Vivillon are coming from.

Diancie looks too much like Carbink for me to like it, and Fairy/Rock type is ass. Volcanion and Hoopa's typing + design are cool though. Apparently Hoopa has a new unique move that can hit through Protect and Detect which is pretty damn cool. Mega-Lati@s is a joke right? They look exactly alike! This is is even more ridiculous than the Genie-trio designs (at least their second forms made up for that though).

Carbink is adorable and I want 30.

I'm really interested in Volcanion, although I never use legendaries ever, even in the story play through (aside from Shaymin). Conceptually, it being the duality of fire and water intregues me.

What typing is Hoopa again? Protect and detect are annoying af and it makes beating the restaurant battles perfectly difficult. 

^I believe Hoopa is Psychic/Ghost

I love the idea of Volcanion, I've always wanted a Fire/Water Pokemon so this is my wishes being answered.

There are speculations that the Mega Latios/Latias forms involve both of them combining with one other and that's why they look so similar

Also, I don't get why Arceus is on there, all it's there for is to show what Fairy-type Arceus looks like and it's really easy to guess that all it does is make Arceus pink.

are they power rangers or something

There are speculations that the Mega Latios/Latias forms involve both of them combining with one other and that's why they look so similar

are they power rangers or something

Anyone has a Swirlix with its hidden ability (Unburden) left to trade (or a Safari with one)? These things are really freaking hard to find and I need one. );

Got one.

Also just got THIS PRETTY LITTLE THING WITH FLAWLESS IVs

1545232_577171949018058_1122171533_n.jpg

I am jelly who did you sell your soul to to get one?

I bred it myself actually. lol I was just trying to get a normal one with perfect IVs and it was the first flawless one to come.

Might try to get another one with a Timid nature for a Gardevoir too.

@Augie: I got a Chimchar a couple days ago (even has its HA and two elemental punches). I can breed you one if you'd like.

I also have a Piplup to trade you Augie. Also Peace I want that Growlithe if you are still offering it.

I bred it myself actually. lol I was just trying to get a normal one with perfect IVs and it was the first flawless one to come.

Might try to get another one with a Timid nature for a Gardevoir too.

@Augie: I got a Chimchar a couple days ago (even has its HA and two elemental punches). I can breed you one if you'd like.

I have a shiny flawless one trapped in white :( I miss Jasmine.

Saishuu and Zess, I shall take you up on those if it's not too much trouble! Is there anything you'd want that I could try to give you. I'm not big on breeding perfect IVs and such but I can do what I can

What are IVs even I have no idea everyone keeps mentioning them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1otqx0/tutorial_everything_i_know_about_iv_breeding_in/

This is a good post that explains what you need to breed pokemon with perfect IV's and outlines the general process of achieving it step by step.

I'm pretty new to this whole IV thing myself, but I get how to do it now. Just it sounds really tedious tbh.

tl;dr tbqh. Pokemon games are serious business.

Anyway the entire proces sounds tedious. I'd rather play the game for myself and not battle people online instead of spending all that time breeding "the perfect team". It's just a game, after all. I'm the simpleton who just catches Pokemon, raises them, gets attached to the team I've used all through the game and never switches it in for others.

It's mainly something to do post-game because honestly there's not much else to do post-game... other than fill the pokedex and really that won't even take too long with the trading system in this game and the soon to be released pokebank and transfer tools.

What is Pokebank about, actually? I heard from Zess it's a way to get Pokemon from older generations into X and Y, but how do they do it? Do you have to use old games, or are there codes/events?